I Could Be the One

one ;

I looked on with a watchful eye from outside of the club, taking a long drag of my cigarette. It wasn't Nicky that I didn't trust; it was the girls who screamed his name when they caught a glimpse of him. It would be a total lie if I told you that I didn't worry sometimes. I bit my lip, watching through the large glass wall as a blonde lean towards his body. Like a good boyfriend, Nicky's eyes remained fixed on his Sharpie as he scribbled his name on her newly bought shirt. A relieved sigh crept past my lips as he moved onto the next fan.

It was hard not to expect the worst from him. While he's never done anything wrong in the past, I tried to remind myself that I didn't know him that well. It had only been seven months since we met even though it felt like a lifetime. There was still a lot I didn't know about Nicky.

My fingers pulled at the v-neck of my shirt that showed off an uncomfortable amount of cleavage as I attempted to hide my bright pink bra that was sticking out. Sinking my front teeth into the delicate flesh of my lip, I watched as a man with dirty blonde hair made his way towards the crowd with a captivating smile fixed upon his plump lips. He earned quite a few gasps and screams from the females who surrounded me. My eyes scanned his soft features, attempting to recognize his face. When I realized I'd never seen him before, I assumed he was one of the names that were printed on the flyer alongside my favorite DJ and good friend.

Almost in a trance like state, I watched as he worked the crowd. His bright smile seemed to charm his fans as he signed away at their choice personal possessions. The way his grin reached his eyes was undeniably breathtaking. Before I knew it, he was standing in front of me. He motioned for me to give him something to sign. The blood rushed to my cheeks as I handed my light up sword over, my eyes dropping to his red Nikes.

When I looked back up, his light blue orbs connected with mine. The permanent smile that he wore ystretched even wider as he handed me back the cheap plastic sword.

"Thank you," I mumbled, feeling the heat sting my cheeks before he moved onto the next fan. I looked at the signature, my brain working hard to comprehend the black ink letters. Nicky Romero .

"He's cute," my friend, Haley observed casually, picking at her green nail polish. Her eyes flicked up at me with amusement dancing in the beautiful honey color. I simply nodded to show that I agreed, my eyes finding Nicky once again as he moved further down the room.


"Addy," an accent coated voice snapped me out of my thoughts, sending me falling back into reality. He smiled sweetly, reaching for my hand.

"Hey," I breathed out, the corners of my lips stretching upward. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were done," I admitted. Feeling slightly embarrassed, I pulled down on the hem of my jean shorts.

"I was beginning to think I lost you there for a minute," Nicky joked, lacing his fingers through mine. I laughed with a small shrug. He ducked his head and leaned down, pressing a feather light kiss at the corner of my lips. As he pulled away, I shyly grinned up at him, causing him to send me a wink just as a body approached us from the nightclub crowd.

"Are you guys coming for drinks?" The man asked, nodding towards the bar inside the club. Nicky shook his head, squeezing my hand in his own.

"No man, I think we're just gonna head over to the hotel. Next time," Nicky promised. I scrunched my nose unnoticeably as he spoke. The smell of alcohol mixed in with his breath, telling me he had already had a few drinks before he got on stage. That wasn't very unusual though.

Nicky's friend shrugged, making his way through people to get a drink and we started our way down the street.

"Great set tonight, Nick," I complimented him, swinging our latched hands as we walked down the Miami sidewalk. He glanced at me sideways, shooting me his handsome grin before going on to tell me about how he had to switch songs last minute because one of the opening DJ's had played the same one in their set.

As the elevator doors slid closed, a devilish tint glazed over Nicky's eyes before his body covered mine, pinning me against the wall. His teeth tugged at his bottom lip as a hand came up to cup my left cheek to hold my head in place. First, he gently planted a kiss to my other cheek before working his way to my lips. I felt my knees weaken as he deepened the kiss, pulling me closer. My arms looped around his neck while my body arched into his, my brain flooding with euphoria. Nicky's fingers trailed down my side, leaving goosebumps on the exposed skin of my midriff.

A bell dinged sharply as the elevator came to a stop, the sudden noise tearing us apart only seconds before the doors opened. Attempting to catch my breath, I glanced up at my boyfriend. He threw me a wink of one of his beautiful blue eyes while his tongue slid across his lips. I watched his back as he took a step out of the small space. A long breath of air pushed out of my lungs as I raked my fingers through my long hair, getting stuck in the knots that worked their way into my locks during the excitement of Nicky's set.

When I finally caught up with him, Nicky was sliding the key card into the door lock. After it clicked, he pushed open the door, holding it open for me. I sent him a seductive look as I walked past him. With a smirk of his own, his hand connected with my ass. The thin, worn denim allowed a loud 'smack!' to echo down the deserted hallway.

I heard the door close behind me as I sat down at the small provided table. My fingers worked to unbuckle my wedged sandal heels. Hearing Nicky shuffle around, I stretched my out my aching toes and turned to look at him. He perched himself on the bed, already beginning to type away on his computer. He stopped for just a moment to pull on his headphones. Sighing, I stood and without a word, made my way to the connecting bathroom. I knew Nicky would barely notice I had left.

The water washed away the scent of sweat, smoke and the hint of my perfume that was left over from this morning. I closed my eyes, letting the hot steam relax my muscles.

I felt a wave of disappointment rip through my body. When Nicky opted out of a night of partying, I'd hoped that meant he wanted to just spend time with me; his girlfriend. I should have known better. He simply had an idea for a song and needed to get it out before he went crazy.

I would never even dream of coming between Nicky and his music. It was his life and he cared for it so deeply. The boy could barely go a day without pulling out his Mac and at the very least, tweaking a few things for a song. Nicky's passion for producing was incredible and admirable. Though I get lonely, I couldn't bring myself to disrupt him. When Nicky is in the music zone, it's very hard to break him out of it. But I was always here when he needed a break from the pressure.

Sighing, I turned, letting the water cascade down the front of my body. I hated feeling so needy. It made Nicky feel good that I was so dependent though. He loved that I couldn't go a day without hearing his voice.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I quickly dab dried my hair before exiting the bathroom. The plush towel dropped to the carpeted floor as I dug through my oversized suitcase, searching for something comfortable to wear.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Nicky looked away from his computer screen, full attention now on me. His eyes trailed my naked, still wet body and his tongue slid across his bottom lip. I straightened up, a pair of shorts and an almost too small tanktop in my hand. I smirked at him, pushing away the wet hair that was sticking to my collarbone. Slyly ignoring the hungry look that flared up in Nicky's sky blue eyes, I pulled the tanktop over my head and then tugged the shorts on. He whined something to protest my clothing as I crawled into bed beside him, sliding under the blankets.

"Do you have to be on that thing all the time?" I asked, curling up beside him. My hand found his thigh just under where his laptop sat. He looked at me with a raised brow.

"It's my career, Adelina," he reminded me, closing his laptop before he set it on the nightstand. He yawned before standing up and tugging off his jeans and his shirt. I smiled to myself as he laid down beside me, pulling my body close to his.

"I like cuddling a lot better," I murmured, laying my cheek against his warm skin. His chest vibrated as a deep chuckle left his throat.

"It's a close second, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not even sure if anyone knows who Nicky is. I've searched high and low for a Nicky Romero fan fiction but couldn't find any. Though Brin is probably gonna be the only person to read this, this is basically to bring back my inspiration since I've seemed to hit a roadblock. If you do read, I hope you enjoy and maybe leave a comment. That'd be rad. This will only be a few chapters long. Thanks! :)