Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

So If I Get Drunk...

Week passed since Sydney moved out from Billie's house. They didn't want to see each other or even talk on the phone. Realizing it's really happening, that it's the end of this relationship, Sydney spent more time in her room, at Matt's place and didn't talk with anyone about what happened. For her, Billie didn't exist. Inside she felt just like she lost something very important that she couldn't live without. She didn't leave home. Only to work and back. This city held to many memories that caused pain to her. Sydney didn't know this would be so hard for her. Matt had a plan and decided to take Sydney from Berkeley as fast as possible, before she ended up as an emotional wreck. He never imagined he'd want them to be together again. He had this plan and now it was only a matter of time till they all leave Berkeley in search of luck and a record deal.

Billie, Mike and Trè were celebrating together and with some people they knew, like their girlfriends. Green Day went to the next level of their career. After one of their shows they got this chance that could change their lives forever. Make all the dreams come true. They met Rob Cavallo, who offered them a record deal. He didn't have to wait long for their reply.
Now they only had to record an album, go on tour and see if people would like the music they played. Guys couldn't wait for that.

After 6th or 7th beer Billie was even in a better mood than before. Trè and Mike disappeared somewhere with their girlfriends and he stayed with some of his friends. It was around 3 am and he did something, he wouldn't do being sober.

And the phone looked like it was calling him to come over.

He managed after 10 times to dial good number and after 5 rings someone picked up the phone and he couldn't help, but smile hearing her sleepy voice. "Hello?"

" 'Ellow, baby!" he exclaimed.

"Billie? Is that you? Why are you calling so late?"

"I'm a 'ock staaar!"

"Ah... you're drunk." she yawned. He grinned and looked around, searching for some familiar face. She waited for him to speak and didn't hang up on him still.

"Can yo come 'ere piiiick meeee up?" Sydney didn't answer right away. She was afraid of meeting him in a state like this and she still didn't want to see him. She perfectly knew this wasn't a good idea. Before her still sleepy brain could make a long list saying 'no' she found herself replying.

"Yea, where are you?"

"'ilman streeeet"

"Right. Wait there for me. I'll be in 10 minutes." she hung up and Billie happily went towards the bar, trying not to trip over his legs.

Sydney quickly dressed in some black, baggy clothes and quietly left the apartment, hoping Matt or Dave wouldn't wake up. If Matt knew what she was doing...
She took Matt's car keys and shaking her head with disappointment, she went out the apartment. It was past 3 am already. As she got into the car, she wondered why she agreed if there was no chance to get back to him or why did he call her...?

How the hell he got the number or remembered it? Hopefully, he wouldn't remember anything in the morning.' she sighed and moved a strand of her hair from her face.

When she got to her destination, she parked the car on the opposite side of the street and looked at the building from where you could hear loud, punk music. Drunk people were going out and in of Gilman, laughing at random things or falling over. Sydney would probably go get a beer or two if she wasn't so tired or if she knew Billie wasn't there.

She got out of the car, cold breeze of air hitting her face, making her wake up completely. She took deep breath and didn't move, staring at the building.

"It will be okay. It’s just... It's Billie. And he's drunk. He won't remember you in the morning...but you will.” she swallowed hard and decided to forget about her feelings. "Goddamn it! Why am I doing this to myself?!"

She walked towards the entrance just when Billie was going out the door with cigarette in his hand. She took a deep breath and she walked towards him.

"Hi."

"Heeeeey!" he grinned fixing his eyes on her and dropped the cigarette.

"Damn." he muttered, trying to pick it up. She rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Billie Joe, I'll take you home" she took him by his arm, helping him go straight.

How I'd like to hug him and never let go. No, no, no, no. Shut up. He's not here. He's not here. Damn.

They reached the car and while Billie was getting into the car, he hit his head on the hood of the car. He winced as Sydney laughed at him.

"It huuurts!" he whined, pouting at her. She stopped laughing and looked at him "Maaake it stop K-iss meee?"

"Ha! I don't think so.” she smiled at him.

"Pweeease?" he looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Billie!" Sydney chuckled, shaking her head, inside asking what she did wrong that she was tortured like this. "Damn you." she lent down and kissed his forehead quickly and ran to the driver’s seat.

Luckily for her, Billie fell asleep in the car and she could focus only on the road to his house. She was looking at him once in a while, smiling to herself.

He's so adorable while his asleep. I knew you'll make it.

She sighed happily and thought how Green Day might now go straight to the top of the world and live a life they always wished about. Too bad she wouldn't be a part of his life to watch him achieve his dreams, win awards, play great shows...

When she parked the car near his house, he still slept peacefully. Ollie was probably also asleep by now as no lights were on. Sydney got out of the car and went to the other side. She shook slightly Billie's arm and after a while he woke up, looking around confused.

"Whaat am I doin' heeere?"

"Come on, I'll help you get upstairs. Come on." she helped him out of the car and with his arm around her shoulders and her arm wrapped around his waist, they slowly went into the house.

It wasn't as easy to go up the stairs as Sydney thought. Billie tripped over the steps a few times and was giggling like a maniac all the time. She tried making him silent, but it didn't work. She led him to his room and helped get to the bed, so he wouldn't trip over clothes scattered on the floor. She let go of him and he did the same. He hastily kicked of his shoes and looked at Sydney.

She backed away a little, eyeing the mess in the room.

"Okay, I'll go now. Good night, BJ." she said turning to the door, but Billie had a different plan.

He pulled her by her wrist towards him and by accident they fell onto the bed, as Billie tripped over his shoes.

"Oops" he giggled. Sydney, lying on top of him, stared at him with wide eyes and felt paralyzed.

"That was not in the contract, Armstrong."

"Whaa? You are noot goin to sleeep?"

"That was the plan after I leave you here." he pouted at her as she got of off him. He lied on the other side of bed and tried not to sleep. She yawned and looked at the clock, which showed it was almost 4 am.

"Juust sta-y. I doon't biiite" he lied down and covered himself with the comforter. Sydney bit her lip considering this. It was pointless to go home at this hour, but it was weird to stay in this house, in this room.
Finally, she decided to stay, but she had to get up before Billie.

It will be better you if have an amnesia in the morning or I'll have to treat you with something heavy. She thought getting under the covers and drifting off to sleep.