‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Four

-Maggie-
If there was one thing I hated more than playing the Flyers, it was playing the Flyers in Philadelphia. I didn’t like the city, didn’t like the fans, I didn’t like them. I took a deep breath as we all walked off of the bus, arriving in the city that we all despised and walked into the Wells Fargo Center.

We walked to the locker room, changed into our spandex and some of us decided that we were going to kick the soccer ball around for a little bit. Pascal, Kunitz, Tanner Glass, James, Geno, Sidney, Beau, Olli and I had formed a circle and were hitting the ball to one another, teasing each other when they missed. Tanner passed the ball to me and I caught it on the top of my foot threw it up to my knees and started to bounce it.

“Come on, show off,” Sidney laughed and I stuck my tongue out towards him.

“This isn’t showing off,” I giggled, “This is showing off,” I said and started to bounce it on my head and then head butted it over towards Geno, who caught it with his chest and started to bounce it with his knees. I heard a familiar voice and turned to see an old friend, “Max!”

“Hey Bella,” he smiled and I walked over towards him and he wrapped his body around me, pulling me in for a tight hug, “I miss you.”

“Miss me enough to come back?” I asked and he chuckled.

“A little birdie told me that you might be leaving yourself,” he said and I smirked and looked down, “You and the Hawk gettin’ pretty serious, eh?”

“Maybe,” I giggled and saw the guys coming over and shaking hands with their friend and former teammate.

Max stayed a little while and then left to head to his locker room; we finished playing with the soccer ball and figured it was time to head back to the locker room to get ready for the game. As we headed out of the area we were in, I was in front of the guys, getting ready to open the door when it flew towards me and I was pushed back and nearly fell over if Beau and Pascal didn’t grab under my arms.

“What the fuck?!” I growled and looked up to see some kid, looked like a staff member at the arena.

“Watch it,” James growled towards the kid.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” he rushed and looked at all of us; I saw his Flyer hat and sighed.

“Whatever,” I grumbled and stood up and walked passed him, “Fuckin’ hate this place.”

“You all right, Mags?” Sidney asked as he and the others followed me.

“Peachy,” I muttered, just wanting to get this game over with so I could go home.

-Sidney-
We ended up winning against the Flyers that night, the final score being four to one and Maggie only assisted Jussi in the first goal of the night. Everyone on the team new that she was off her game, the players that have with her for a while just understood why she was always off her game when we played the Flyers, she always thought about her brother when we played against them. Even though Kokorin wasn’t on the team anymore, or even in the league, the fact that he was a Flyer, we hated them for Mike’s death, among other reasons, there was a whole list.

After a Flyer’s game, we never stayed in the city; we always headed back to Pittsburgh or moved onto the next game. Luckily we had bused back to Pittsburgh and the whole time I kept looking back towards Maggie, she was asleep, her head on Beau’s shoulder and he was playing on his phone.

We had practice the next day, everyone was at Southepointe instead of the Consol because apparently there was a Taylor Swift concert tonight and the ice needed to be covered. After practice I skated over towards Maggie, “You’ve gotten faster,” I said and she smiled towards me.

“I’ve been trying, these new skates help, but they were a bitch to break in,” she said and I chuckled and looked at her new skates and nodded my head, breaking new skates in were always hard.

“Yo Mags! You going to see that Swift chick tonight?” Beau asked and Maggie looked at him.

“Hell no, I don’t even like her music,” she said and I chuckled.

After practice everyone went their separate ways and I headed home to see a familiar car in my driveway, I smiled and headed inside to see Kasey standing in the kitchen making some food. I had missed my girlfriend, she had to go out of town to her hometown in West Virginia to attend a birthday party, I felt bad that I couldn’t go with her.

“Hi babe,” I smiled as I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder, “What are you cooking?”

“You’ll see,” she giggled and then turned around and I pressed my lips against hers, happy to have her here.

Kasey and I have been together for over a year and at the beginning of this season, I asked her to move in with me. I hated the fact that she worked, because sometimes when I was here, she wasn’t, and I was definitely working more than her. However, she was a stubborn woman and enjoyed her job at the bank and wasn’t going to give it up, wouldn’t even switch to part-time.

‘…Guess I have to thank Maggie for this…’ I thought as I just hugged her, ‘…Wasn’t for her talking some sense into me, this wouldn’t be happening- Glad I took that chance…’
-Maggie-

We had just finished winning our game against the Vancouver Canucks, winning it in a shootout. Everyone was in the locker room, we showered and we in the middle of changing when Coach walked into the room and said that there was a fan outside wanting to meet us.

“Who is it?” I asked and Coach sighed.

“Taylor Swift,” he said and the guys and I looked at each other.

“No one date her!” I snapped and the guys laughed, “I’m serious, you break up and poof, you’ve got a song about you.”

“Shut up, Mags,” Marc laughed and I just shrugged my shoulders and Coach opened the door and Taylor walked into the room supporting a Crosby jersey.

‘…She looks more annoying than she sounds…’ I thought as I looked at the bright smile on her face as she looked at the boys.

“Nice to see you again, Taylor,” Sidney said as he walked up to her and hugged her.

‘…Again? They’ve met?...’ I thought and looked towards James who just shrugged his shoulders.

“We met her when we won the Cup in ’09,” Marc said and I looked at him.

“Oooooooooh,” I said and then just shrugged my shoulder, “Whatever.”

Beau rushed over towards Taylor and introduced himself, I smirked and shook my head, he honestly was just like a little kid. I turned around and started to finish packing my things when I heard his voice get louder.

“And Maggie is such a HUGE fan of yours!” I heard Beau say and my head snapped up.

“I’m gunna kill him,” I muttered and James chuckled from next to me.

“Be nice, we wouldn’t know where to hide the body,” James said and I looked towards him and giggled.

“Maggie!” I stood up and turned to see Beau pulling Taylor over, I just looked at her and she just looked at me, I couldn’t read her facial expression and I hoped that she couldn’t read my ‘Don’t-really-care’ facial express, “Mags, this is Taylor Swift.”

“Yeah, Sunshine, I can see that,” I giggled and held out my hand, “Maggie Marshall.”

“I know, nice to meet you,” she said and shook my hand, we just continued to stare at each other and for whatever reason, my hairs stood up on my arm when I looked at this girls face.

‘…Weirdo…’ I thought and pulled back and saw Beau give me a look and then pull Taylor away. I just scrunched my face up and looked at her confused as she walked away from me, “Whatever,” I breathed as I shook my head and turned back towards my things.

“Thought there was gunna be a cat fight or something for a second there,” Kunitz said and I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

“Why would there be?”

“The way you two were lookin’ at each other,” Jussi said from next to Kunitz and I scoffed.

“What way? We were just looking at each other! Did you guys hit your head and didn’t tell me?” I asked and the guys chuckled. I finished up in the locker room and then left, the guys were still talking to Taylor and I wanted to head home. I heard my name and turned to see Olli jogging after me, “Thought you were stayin?”

“No,” he said and I nodded my head, “She freaky.”

I let out a laugh and gave him a side hug as we walked to my car and I drove home, knowing that Beau would catch a ride with one of the guys.

When we got to my home, I saw Nick and Emma on my couch watching the highlights on my upstairs TV. I walked over and saw Emma bouncing Troy on her lap, “There’s my little nephew!”

“Where’s Beau?” Emma asked as she looked around and Olli walked into the room and collapsed onto the other couch, loosening his tie and biting into an apple.

“Taylor Swift came to visit us and some of the guys are with her,” I said and Emma snorted. I sat next to Olli, Troy on my lap and I was playing with his hands.

“Just make sure none of them date her,” Emma said and I let out a laugh.

“That’s what I said!”