‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Sixty Five

“It’s beautiful, Mags,” Emma said as she walked around the house with me.

“I know, I’m so happy it’s finally finished!” I squealed and looked around.

It was the middle of November, a month had passed and the home that Pat and I had built from scratch, after months of construction was finished. Everything was finalized a little over a week ago, but we’ve been moving furniture and appliances into the house, and now, it was over. This summer we were going to have a pool placed in the backyard, but for now, it was a large privately fenced in yard that Jazz, Bella and Stanley were loving.

Pat had sold his Trump Towers condo and was excited to be in his the new house just as much as I was. Tonight was going to be the first night that we were going to be actually living in it. Emma managed to find a small three bedroom home about twenty minutes outside of the city and about thirty from our home. Pat and I were sold on the thought that she and Jon were secretly seeing each other, but no one was saying anything to anyone and we were frustrated, just wanting our friends to be happy.

Troy was going to be three in about two weeks and I couldn’t believe on how fast the little guy was growing up. Pat and I have taken him to the rink a few times for family skate and he seems to really like it; although, he likes it more when Pat takes him and spins him around.

“So you’re going to watch him for those few days?” Emma said and I nodded my head, “Thanks so much.”

“Yeah, we have the three home games, but Abby said that she’ll watch him in the suites,” I said and Emma nodded her head, “And where are you going again?”

“To Hawaii to see my cousin get married, but they’re being jerks and telling everyone that kids aren’t invited.”

“Lovely,” I said and she nodded her head, “Yeah, well Sunday is out last home game and then Wednesday we leave for California-“

“I come back on Tuesday, so it’ll be fine,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Sunday night’s our open house party thingy,” I said and Emma giggled, “What are they even called?”

“Home warming? I think- I don’t know,” we just laughed and shook our heads, “So I’ll just drop Troy off at like seven? I don’t need to be at the airport until nine.”

“What time’s your flight?”

“Ten,” she said and I nodded my head.

“I’ll be up- No promises that Pat will be, it’s too early for him,” I giggled and she smirked and nodded her head.

-Kane-
“It’s finally finished,” I said as I came up behind Maggie as she was in our master bathroom taking her hair out of her braid.

“I know, I’m so happy with it,” she smiled and I smirked and nodded my head, pressing my chest against her back and kissing her neck. It was late at night and we were getting ready to go to bed, just finishing putting the décor on the walls and putting food in the home, “Remember that Emma’s bringing Troy over around seven tomorrow.”

“Right, how long is he with us?” I asked.

“About a week,” she said and I nodded my head, “Abby’s gunna watch him when we’re at our games and practices.”

“We’ve got our game tomorrow night,” I said and Maggie started to brush her hair.

“Yeah, against Colorado- Did you see that they brought Kessel’s sister up- This is gunna be her second game.”

“Yeah, they didn’t bring Dana up yet, though,” I said and Maggie sighed and shook her head, “You talk to her lately?”

“Yesterday, she’s liking Carolina and having fun with Jared,” Maggie said and I nodded my head, “She was telling me that he and some of the others have taken her under their wing.”

“That’s good,” I said and Maggie nodded her head, turned around in my arms and leaned against the counter. I smirked towards her and then pressed my lips against hers and felt her arms wrap around my neck.

Maggie pulled back and smirked towards me, “Should we break in our new bed?” she giggled and I smirked.

“You read my mind,” I said and then pulled her out of the bathroom and into our attached bedroom, practically throwing her onto the bed and climbing on top of her, pressing my lips against hers and moving my hands under her pajama tank top.

-Maggie-
“Aw! There he is!” Abby squealed as she was waiting in the locker room with some of the guys around her. Pat and I had walked in, I was holding Troy at my hip and some of the guys smirked, “He’s so cute!”

“Can you say hi to Abby, Troy?” I asked and we laughed when he started to hide his face into my shoulder, “Come on, you know, Abby!”

“Hi Troy,” Abby said and Troy showed half of his face and gave a small wave, “Aw, someone looks tired!”

“We all just woke up from our pregame naps,” Pat said and I giggled and handed Troy off to Abby and smirked when he wrapped his arms around her neck and laid his hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry Maggie, I’ve got this under control,” Abby said and I smirked and nodded my head, “I’ll take him upstairs.”

“All right, thanks Abby!” I said and then Pat and I walked over towards our stalls and started to get ready for the game.

After we went through with warm up and through the national anthem, I was starting with Jon and Hossa, Corey in the net. I looked over towards the Colorado side to see that Amanada Kessel was starting as well.

We headed over towards the face off, I came up next to her and looked towards her, “Hey, congrats on making it- Good luck tonight.”

“Just because you helped us into the NHL, don’t think I’m going to take it easy on you!” she snapped and I looked at her, giving her a little glare.

“No need to be rude,” I muttered and then looked back in time to see Jon winning the face off, ‘…Let the games begin…’

-Kane-
It seemed to be a fight all night between Kessel and Maggie. This was the first time in the NHL that two girls were facing each other, everyone was interested to see how it was going to turn out and it seemed like there was going to be a cat fight between the two. Kessel was checking Maggie when she didn’t even have the puck and I could tell that Maggie was getting irritated.

The third period had begun and so far Jon had kept on telling Maggie to keep her cool, I didn’t know how long that was going to last, her patients seemed to be wearing thin. Coach threw me onto the ice with Maggie, Jon, Seabrook and Oduya, Jon won the face off and passed it to Maggie, she was about to pass it to me when Kessel grabbed her stick and made the puck go in a different direction, where an Avalanche picked it up and headed towards Crawford.

The fans weren’t happy that it wasn’t called for holding, my teammates and I weren’t happy, Coach wasn’t happy and more importantly, Maggie wasn’t happy. Maggie composed herself and got back into the game, I saw that Kessel was coming up from behind Maggie; I was gunna pass the puck to her, since I managed to steal it back, but passed it to Oduya instead. I watched at that moment as Maggie skidded to a stop, bent over, and we all watched as Kessel flipped over her and landed onto her back on the ice.

“What?!” I yelled as the ref blows the whistle and calls a misconduct on Maggie, “Oh so you fuckin’ call that! But she gets away with holding!”

Kessel stood up and got in Maggie’s face, my others and I stood around to see what was going to happen, Jon came up next to me and sighed, “She needs to calm down.”

“You play that way with your brother! I didn’t help get more girls in the league to play dirty,” Maggie growled and Kessel smirked.

“I didn’t need your help to get into the league, and at least I have a brother,” she said and my eyes widened, I had to look towards Jon to make sure I heard that right, to be sure that Kessel had really just said that to Maggie, she did.

“Fuck,” Jon breathed.

“What did you just say?!” Maggie yelled, and I went to skate forward, but Jon grabbed my jersey.

“You heard me!” Kessel said and you could hear the fans cheering for this fight to happen.

The refs tried to pull the two girls apart, but Maggie wasn’t letting that happen. She shoved the refs out of the way and threw a punch at Kessel. I don’t think Kessel was ready for a fight, or at least not ready for Maggie to put up a fight. Once Kessel’s back hit the ice, Maggie was still swinging and the refs were pulling her off of Kessel. I skated forward and moved in front of Maggie when she was about to get loose again.

“Mags-“

“She said-“

“I know,” I said and Maggie looked past me with suck hatred in her eyes, staring at the girl behind me, I thought she might punch me to get to her. The refs pulled Maggie towards the box and I turned around to see the Avalanche medic looking at Kessel. I sighed and saw Seabrook come over towards me and give and impressed low whistle, “I know.”

“Remind me never to piss her off,” he said and I chuckled, “What the girl say?”

“Maggie asked if Kessel played this dirty with her brother and Kessel said, at least I have a brother,” I said and Seabrook’s eyes widened, “To be fair, if she said that to me, I would have punched her too.”

“That whole, don’t punch a girl doesn’t come to play here?” he chuckled.

“No, not on the ice it doesn’t,” I said and then looked over towards Maggie to see her squirting some water into her mouth. I skated over towards the bench and Sharp asked what had set Maggie off, I told them and they looked at me wide eyed.

Crawford had come over just as I told them, he looked over towards Kessel, “Fuckin’ bitch!”