‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Ninety Three

The boys and I were on a roll, our old selves coming back and being shown on the ice. We were taking more wins than loses as the end of the regular season grew closer. There was a week until the last game and so far we had our spot in the playoffs, we just needed to keep it there.

There was talk all over about what happened to my teammates and I, because Wirtz’s was suing the Senator’s son, wanting him to not only go to jail to pay for what he did, but also actually pay for what he caused. Wirtz’s was going to represent the team in saying that he was Grant Brunley to pay for all of our medical bills.

Two weeks ago I took a trip to New York with Abby and Emma to find my wedding dress and I was happy to say that after four stores, I finally said yes to a dress. Pat and I didn’t want a formal wedding, not if it was going to be on a beach in Hawaii, we weren’t really the formal type.

Right now were on a plane heading to Dallas, we had a game against the Stars the next night and I was excited to see my family. Tonight my family was going to take Pat and I out to dinner and then the day after the game, my parent’s were going to have a barbecue at their home and my team was invited.

Once the boys and I landed in Dallas, headed to the hotel and got situated, I received a text from my father saying that he and my mom were downstairs. I got Pat and we headed downstairs to greet them.

“There’s my baby!” I heard as Pat and I walked out of the elevator to see my smiling mother walking over towards me.

“Hi, Momma,” I giggled and hugged her.

“I missed you,” she said and then kissed my head.

My father and Pat shook hands and then my mom hugged Pat as I hugged my father. After we said our hellos, we left and headed to dinner. It went well, we talked about a lot of things, mostly hockey, but mom managed to sneak wedding talk into the conversation.

“Are the rest of the boys coming to the party?” mom asked as she and dad dropped Pat off at the hotel after dinner.

“Yup, we’ll all be there,” I said and she smiled.

“I know your friends with some Stars, you can ask some of them as well,” mom said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“All right,” I said and then looked at Pat, grabbed his hand and climbed out of the car, “I’ll see you tomorrow after the game.”

“We’ll be there, don’t you worry- Nicky drives in tomorrow morning, so he’ll be there too!” Dad said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Isn’t Nick in school?” Pat asked as my parents drove away and I shook my head.

“No, it ended a few days ago, he’s coming home for the summer,” I said and Pat nodded his head.

“Can’t believe he’s driving from Pittsburgh to Dallas,” he said and I nodded my head.

“I told him to stop in Nashville, Neal will put him up for the night,” I said and Pat looked at me and nodded his head.

We headed into the hotel and I pulled Pat towards my room, he closed the door and I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He chuckled and then pushed me back towards the bed, throwing me down and then climbing on top of me.

“No sex the day before a game,” I reminded and Pat sighed, which only made me giggle.

“Fine,” he growled but moved down, lifted my shirt up and licked up my stomach and then sent nips to my skin, “But this is mine tomorrow night,” he growled and then roughly squeezed my jean covered ass. I groaned out Pat’s name and then rocked my hips against his, “Don’t start something you can’t finish, Maggie.”

I sighed and then sat up, taking my shirt off and then grabbing Pat’s face and pulling him down with me, pressing my lips against his and groaning as his hands gently glided up my skin, making me shiver for him. My back arched and I groaned as Pat nipped at my neck and pulled my jeans down my legs. He pinned my hands down and then moved his hands down my arms, to my shoulders and then cupped my face.

Pat started to send gentle kisses from my neck, chest, in-between my breasts, stomach, and I sucked in a breath when he kissed right above my underwear. He started to kiss the inside of my thighs and I groaned and arched my back. Pat grabbed my underwear and pulled it down my legs and then unbuttoned and took his shirt off. He climbed up me, my hands were on his shoulder and neck and he pressed his lips against mine. He then sent kisses down my body and stopped at the area between my legs, Pat looked down at me, the only thing I was wearing was my bra, he was just shirtless.

I sat up and undid his belt, zipper and button, wanting him to kick off his jeans and boxers, but just the jeans were the only thing to go. Pat pushed me down and I breathed heavily and groaned when he glided two fingers up a thigh, across my stomach and then down the other.

“Pat,” I gasped when he slide his tongue inside of me and started to suck on my button. I had to bite my tongue from moaning loudly because of the guys on the same floor as us. He sucked, rubbed and blew on my button as he had a finger pump in and out as I fell apart underneath him.

-Kane-
Maggie came undone in front of me and I smirked and was about to lean down to press my lips against hers, when she jumped up, pushed me down and then climbed on top of me. She kissed me hard and then I started to pull down my boxers. I groaned when she started to rub my hard on and threw back my head as she kissed my neck, my chest and then wrapped her lips around me.

I was close, but didn’t want to give up just yet. I pulled Maggie up and had her climb into my lap, I leaned back against the headboard and had my hands on her hips as she slid down onto me. My hands moved up and unhooked her bra and tossed it to the side. Maggie gasped and wrapped her arms around my head as I sucked and nipped at her breasts.

When she wanted to cry out, close to coming undone again, I pressed my lips against hers to quiet her. The last thing we needed were one of the guys hearing us and never letting us live it down, or worse, Coach finding out and benching both of us for breaking one of his rules.

“You were getting loud, babe,” I chuckled as Maggie wrapped the sheets around her and tucked herself next to me.

“Can’t help it,” she giggled and I looked at her and kissed her head.

“I know, I’m just that good,” I said and scoffed and then laughed when I climbed on top of her again and pinned her down. I looked at her smiling face and then pressed my lips against hers, feeling her hands run up my stomach, chest, onto my shoulders and then back down and around my arms, “I love you, Maggie.”

“Good,” she giggled, “Because I love you too.”

-Maggie-
“You made it!” I yelled happily as I saw some of the Stars walk into the backyard and see my teammates and family everywhere. I ran over towards Jamie and Jordie Benn, hugged them and then moved onto Tyler Seguin, Cody Eakin, Rich Peverly, Kari Lehtonen and a few others. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Seguin had even brought his friend from home, Freddy.

The game last night between Chicago and Dallas was over, we had won with the final score of five to two and I had even managed to grab myself a goal with Pat and Hossa assisting me. My father had practically forced a beer into everyone’s hand and then started to mingle with everyone, mostly my teammates, the younger players here were shocked to be here and wanted a picture with him, my dad was a legend on the Boston team, once upon a time.

“So it’s not just Maggie that has a voice,” Jamie Benn said as he saw some of my cousins on the make shift stage doing what we do for every party my family hosts.

“Oh no, everyone on my mom’s side of the family has a voice,” I said and he smirked.

“Remember All Star?” he chuckled.

“Dude, I’ll never forget,” I laughed and he was talking about this past All Star when Jamie, Tyler and Steven Stamkos lost a card game and then had to sing and dance to I Can’t Help Myself by The Four Tops, an older song, in their underwear.

“I’m never going play cards with you ever again,” he said and I laughed.

“Not my fault you ran out of money,” I said and he and everyone around us laughed.

“Maggie!” I jumped and looked up to see only of my younger cousins looking at me.

“Hey Lilly, what’s up?”

“Who’s the boy over there?” she tried to ask discretely, but I knew everyone around was listening.

“Which one?” I asked and giggled a little.

“The one with the red hair?” she asked and I let out a laugh when she was talking about Cody Eakin.

“Aw, he’s adorable- That’s Cody, go talk to him!” I said and heard some of the guys snickering. I leaned over towards Jamie, “He is single, right?”

“I think so,” Jamie laughed out and I smiled and looked at Lilly.

“Go talk to him!” I said and gave her a playful shove and she walked away.

“Are you trying to play matchmaker, Maggie?” Crawford asked and I laughed.

“It worked for Tazer, for Crosby, for Pat!” I smiled brightly and everyone at the table burst out laughing.

“How did you matchmaker Kaner?” Jon asked and I looked at Pat and smiled brightly.

“I matched myself to his maker,” I said and the guys threw their heads back and laughed and Jon just covered his face and shook his head.

“I’m just used and abused,” Pat said and I scoffed.

“Oh yeah Kane, you’re soooo abused,” Jamie said and I looked at him and smiled.

“I know right,” I teased.

“Well you must have been abused the night before,” Sharpie said and I looked at him, “Since we all heard Maggie abusing you.”

Everyone threw back their heads and laughed and I just covered my face and shook my head, I knew it was red from embarrassment. I looked at Pat, “I told you they would hear.”

“Not my fault you’re a screamer,” he said which only added to the laughter.