Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter thirteen: "No."

I was in my tree once again my bump having grown and me passing the three point mark. The morning sickness fading slightly and my feathers with it. I was molting. The onyx black gone to a weak and dull gray. I was ready to finish this pregnancy and never do it again. My back hurt and ankles swelled most days. Walking was becoming painful. Word was that Gerard was in the forest looking for me. For us. I had hidden my tracks. I didn’t want for him to find us to only kill us.

I had been thinking and I think the child is a boy. That what I see anyway and dream about anyway. He’s quiet and shy. Doesn’t move a lot or kick yet. Still a bit early for that yet anyway. I wasn’t sleeping well and the stretch marks I was getting was awful. I almost wanted to see Gerard just so he could wrap his arms around me.

I looked at the nest I was weaving and sighed. The gold from my feathers was showing through. I laid some of the molted feathers for two reasons. The first being that the baby would be able to know my sent; the baby was born with their eyes closed and not able to hear those senses came latter. The second being it would provide a comfortable support for my child.

I looked down at my bump that had just started to form and sighed.

“What am I going to do? I love you but I really would like someone to talk back to. I can’t wait till your old enough to start to talk.” I mumbled. I hadn’t spoken much but I did find that I talked to baby at times. I carefully got up from the wood flooring and got out of the tree leaf bowl in hand and walked down to the springs. My bump showing slightly and my sad molting wings folded.

Foot steps came from behind and I ignored it. A second angel by the sound. I had three of the angels come over and bless me and the child already. It was a normal occurrence. Frank let out a quiet sigh.

“You should come back” That voice I knew that voice. That was the voice of the mother of the Ways. We had met shortly.

I walked just as fast as I could to still be silent. “Your to thin if you wear to give birth at your weight you would die Frank. Come back. No one is mad. We all understand you wanted to protect the child but Frank you’re dying because you can’t provide for your self and that child come back. Please. My son is still looking for you and wants more then anything to be there. He dreams of you and that child. That avenging angel you carry.” She was walking beside me now. Her eyes on my baby bump.

“You’re rather large for how far along you are. Have you ever thought you were carrying multiples?” She spoke softly her hand gracing over her c-section scar that was from Mikey.

I reached the waters edge and felt a slight pinch. My head getting light and my eyes feeling heavy. “Mikey made this just for you not to hurt the baby. You’re going to come back and not escape again. You need to be their for my sons they will lo-“ I didn’t get to hear the rest of Donna’s speech I passed out.

I woke up and in a bed. A needle in my arm Mikey sitting by me taking blood. “You are a stupid angel. You know if I hadn’t of gotten to you you would have miscarried. Bed rest for a week. Gerard is in my hair to let him in for the ultrasound. I’m going to. Then he can be in your hair. For the next fifteen months.” Mikey said getting up and opening the door.

There stood Gerard. His eyes watering and a smile on his face. “I’m so glad you’re alright” He said rushing foreword and wrapping me in his arms. “I was so worried” He said kissing me. I was frozen I couldn’t move.

“Alright sit your ass down Gerard” Mikey huffed and started the ultra sound machine and grabbing the gel. Lifting Frank’s shirt. The one he had woven out of his own feathers. The softness was welcome.

Mikey went on and checked many things. Took measurements and did a few things. “Looks like you had twins and lost one shortly after you became pregnant. No I take that back it didn’t fully develop. Your body will take care of it. Right now I want the fluids to work throughout your kidneys and then we’ll talk how long your on bed rest” Mikey told me and I sighed.

“Babe please remember that I need you. We need you now.” Gerard said placing a hand on Frank’s bump. Frank hit Gerard’s hand away and turned over.

“No” Frank spoke firmly. He just wanted back in his tree.

A smile came on Gerard’s face. “Not only did you just speak! But it’s time to wake up”

I woke to a searing pain in his right wing. A frown on my face and rubbed up on the walls shedding feathers. The pain turning into a dull itch that ached. My lower back sore from the weight of the child. A knock making me look up to see one of the angles had brought fresh fish and cooked it. No words were spoken as it was handed to me and the bright smile was enough to make me wanna throw up.

Gerard was never here I never got water, or saw Donna. I fell asleep in the baby’s nest. It was dark out now and I could feel the haze of sleep calling. I’ve been exhausted. No energy as of late. I looked out when the angel had left and saw the sun setting.

“Find me Gerard. Find us”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry this took so long. My co-author had a death in her family and then she was going to write the next chapter that was a month ago. I haven't heard from her and it's un fair to let you suffer. So I stepped up and will be writing this.