Status: Just starting out.

Hey Girl

I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend

The Stars had a tough game and Tyler was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep and that is exactly what he planned to do when he got home. He turned down an invitation from some of the guys to go out for food after the game and went straight home. Tyler let Marshall out and did some housekeeping before settling down on the couch to watch some television. After dozing off few times, he decided it was time for bed. Just as Tyler was about to head to upstairs, when a very persistent knocking rang through the house, sending Marshall into a tizzy. With a glance at the clock Tyler saw that it was almost midnight. The knocking continued and so did Marshall.

“Marshall, chill” he barked at his dog before opening the door. Tyler didn’t know what to expect when he opened the door, especially not the brunette who was standing on his portch. “Hannah? What are y-“ He didn’t get a chance to finish his question before she launched herself at him. Shocked, Tyler didn’t move as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come.” She stammered, pulling away from him when she felt him tense up.

He pushed her hair out of her face and noticed that her eyes were puffy. “Hey, it’s okay. How’d you get here?” He looked behind her and saw that all she had with her was a book bag, causing him to worry.

“I still had your address from spring break.” She explained. “I took a cab from the airport.”

“Han, that’s an expensive drive!”

She shrugged like it was no big deal. “I needed someone….I needed you.” She whispered.

Tyler took another look at the girl in front of him. In the few weeks that have been friends, he knew it took a lot for Hannah to admit when she needed someone. It had to be something serious for her to fly to Dallas during the week and this late at night. That’s when he noticed the fear in her eyes mixed with the sadness. Add that to the fact they were puffy and red and all she had with her was a small bag, Tyler began to panic.

“Hannah, what is going on? You look terrified.”

That’s all it took, Hannah crumpled to the floor as sobs racked her body. Once again Tyler was alarmed and begin to think worse case scenarios. Was she in trouble? Her parents? Avery?
“Hannah, babe, you have to talk to me. What’s going on?” Tyler kneeled in front of her and pulled the sobbing girl into his arms.

“Dal-Dalton” She sobbed out her brother’s name and Tyler hugged her closer.

Tyler didn’t know what to do. “I’m so sorry, Hannah” He whispered, placing a kiss on her temple.

She shook her head and pulled away slightly. “He’s missing.” She sobbed again. “There was an attack on his unit. That’s all they know. The only information they have is their last GPS coordinates and they don’t even know how accurate those are because they lost communication with them.” She looked up at Tyler and his heart broke for her. “My brother is missing and no one can give me answers!” She yelled. “I’m scared shitless. Brooke is losing her mind. My parents are on vacation and don’t have their phones with them and I have no freaking clue how to get the information to them.”

“Hey” he brushed her hair out of her face again. “You have every right to be scared. You need to remember though, they are good at what they do, Han. They will find him. You have to just think positively.”

New tears filled her eyes. “How can I? My brother was attacked and is missing.”

She was right, there wasn’t really an easy way to shed some light on the situation. Tyler didn’t know what to do or say at the moment, so he picked up the once again sobbing girl and carried her to his room. He sat her on his bed and went to his closet and grabbed her some clothes. Silently he handed them to her, pointing her in the direction of the bathroom.

“Thanks.” She whispered, taking the clothes and making her way to the bathroom.

When she was out of the room, Tyler grabbed his phone from his night stand. He flipped it around wondering if he should call someone. It was obvious that Avery wasn’t around or else Hannah wouldn’t be in at Tyler’s. Just as he was putting his phone down, Hannah’s quiet voice calling his name, broke through the silence of the room.

He turned towards her and smiled at the sight of her in his clothes. She had his sweats rolled a few times and even rolled the pant legs up and made them into capris. His shirt nearly swallowed her, but she looked comfortable. Tyler’s smile grew as the same image from a few months ago crossed his mind. Hannah standing in the middle of his room in his clothes. Only this time she was sad and Tyler wanted to fix that.

“You should wear my clothes more often.” He smirked, causing her to blush and smile. “There it is! There’s that smile!”

She blushed harder and took a seat on the edge of the bed. “Thank you for everything. Thank you for not sending me away when you opened the door.” She looked down at her bare feet. “Thank you for being the best friend ever.”

I don’t want to be you friend. I’ve already got enough of them…

The words of the newest country song Tyler heard on his way home flooded his mind. He wrapped his arm around the girl that he couldn’t stop thinking about lately and pulled her into his side. “You can always count on me. I’m here for you through all of this.” He told her. Hannah turned and wrapped her arms around Tyler’s waist, hugging him tightly. Tyler hugged her back just as tight, loving the feeling of her in his arms and being the one that she came to when she was feeling like this.

When they separated, Hannah yawned. “You can sleep in my bed. I’ll take the guest room.” Tyler said, getting up from his spot on the bed, but stopped when Hannah’s hand grasped his wrist.
“Please don’t leave me. I don’t want to be alone tonight.” She whispered.

There was no way Tyler could turn her down, so while she got settled in the bed, Tyler locked up the house before joining her. When he got back to his room after checking on Marshall, he saw Hannah curled up in a ball, clutching his pillow. Tyler knew she was scared and it broke his heart that he was so helpless.

Tyler crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around Hannah from behind, bringing her in to his chest. “Han, he’ll be okay. He knows what he is doing out there, they all do.”

She turned around to face him. With tears in her eyes she buried her head in his chest. “I’m so scared, Tyler. He’s my brother…I can’t lose him.”

“You’re not going to.” He began rubbing her back, hoping that would calm her down.

“You don’t know that. None of us do.” She sniffled.

“You’re right, we don’t. That doesn’t mean we have to think that way. The best way to get through this is to think positively. You have to keep thinking that way or else you’re going to worry yourself sick.” He kissed her temple once again. “No matter what happens, I’m here for you Hannah.”

Hannah didn’t answer Tyler and he didn’t push her to talk. He simply continued to hold her and rub her back and soon enough her breathing evened out and she relaxed. Tyler laid there awake and wondered what he was going to do with her. He had practice in the morning and after that he had a photoshoot with ESPN Magazine. He didn’t want to leave her alone, but he doubted she would want to hang around the rink all day. He decided that he would leave it up to her.

Hannah whimpered in her sleep and Tyler hugged her tighter, hoping the contact would help calm her down. In that moment, Tyler realized how much he wanted this. Wanted to fall asleep with Hannah in his arms and wake up with her still there. He wanted to come home to her after a road trip. The two of them already talked on the phone when he was on trips and truth be told, he loved those phone calls and looked forward to them. One thing he hated since becoming friends with Hannah was the inability to hang out with her whenever he wanted. Once again lyrics from the song he heard earlier came to
him.

I don’t wanna just hang out. That ain’t what I’m talkin about.

Tyler sighed and listened to Hannah’s even breathing and soon he found himself drifting off to sleep.

XXXX


Something startled me awake, causing me to jolt out of bed. I quickly glanced around my room to see what the noise was, but I quickly realized that I was not in my room. I wasn’t even in my apartment. I glanced around again hoping to catch something that would indicate where I was, but nothing was giving me any clues. Just as I was about to get out of the mystery bed, the door opened and a very familiar face was staring at me. Instantly I relaxed at his presence.

“Hey, you’re awake.” He smiled softly and walking over to the bed. “How are you?”

I stared at him for a minute, wondering why he was asking me that question. Then I remembered. Dalton was missing. Those three words sent me right back to the day before when I got the phone call.

~Flashback~

I was walking to class, when my phone rang and I saw it was an international number. I quickly answered so I wouldn’t miss it and I was excited to hear my brother’s voice.

“Dalton!” I exclaimed, like I always did when he called me.

“Little Bit?” The voice that answered back was not my brother’s, but was also not unfamiliar.

“L.T, is that you?” I asked, even though I knew it was by the use of the nickname Dalton’s SEAL buddies gave me.

“It is, are you busy?” I knew something wasn’t right because he wasn’t being his normal, joking self.

“What happened?”

“Are you sitting?”

I began to shake at his words. I glanced around and saw no one, thankfully. “Michael, don’t fucking mess with me. What happened?”

“D’s unit is off grid.” He paused. “We lost radio contact with them hours ago. We thought maybe it was a jam, but other units in that area are live.”

I began to think over what Dalton could have done or could have happened. “Do you think he called for total radio silence?” I knew it would be something he would do if there was a need for it.
“He might have, but he hasn’t even checked in with coordinates. Something isn’t right.” He sighed. “Everything I know right now, I’ve told you. If I learn of anything else, I’ll be sure to contact you.”

“I’ll have my phone on me all day. I don’t care what time it is, call me. Please.”

“You got it, Bit. D is good at what he does. Don’t worry about him.” L.T said.

“Too late.” I whispered. “Please keep me in the loop.”

“I’ll be in touch.”

“Be careful, Michael.”

“Always am, Hannah. Bye love.”

“Peace.” I managed a small smile at our normal parting words as I hung up my phone. L.T and I became quick friends when I started babysitting his daughter whenever I went to visit Dalton. L.T and Dalton had been in the same basic training class and stuck together through everything, even through BUDs training. I found it odd that L.T wasn’t with Dalton on the op, but if I wasn’t told why he wasn’t then I wasn’t allowed to know. I would just have to trust both L.T and my brother to do what they are good at.

I knew that there was no way in hell I was going to be able to focus for the rest of the day. So when I made it to class, I told my professor what was going on and he was very understanding. He let me out of class for the day and for a few more days. On my walk home, all I could think about was my brother missing and the possibility that he wouldn’t come home. When I got back to my empty apartment, I knew that I couldn’t be alone and that’s exactly what I was. Alone. Avery was in Florida for her cousin’s wedding and wouldn’t be back for a few more days and my parents were on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean. I should probably go be with Brooke, but having two upset and worried girls together is never a good thing.

As I paced around the apartment, I glanced into the kitchen to look at the time and a piece of paper taped to the fridge caught my eye. That’s when I knew where I was going. Without a second thought, I booked myself a flight and packed a bag before running outside to the cab I called.
When I was on my way to the airport, I remembered that the Stars had a game tonight and I wasn’t sure if Tyler was going to be home. I reached for my phone and sent a text to Jamie.

To: Jamie
Hey Jay, please tell me Tyler went straight home.


I closed my eyes and laid my head against the back of the seat, trying to calm down my nerves. I was also suddenly exhausted. My phone chimed in my hand, causing me to jump.

From: Jamie
He did tonight. Why?


I thanked my lucky stars and responded.

To:Jamie
I’m on my way to the airport. I want to see him =)


That wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the whole truth. I didn’t need a million people knowing why I was flying down to Dallas, Texas randomly during the week. Wanting to see Tyler was not an exaggeration, but he didn’t need to know that I
needed Tyler.

Just typing those words had tears filling my eyes. I never thought I would need someone as badly as I needed him in this moment. Just as the cab was pulling away, my phone rang. When I saw it was an international number, my heart stopped.

“Michael?” I choked.

“Hannah.” I held back a sob at the sound of my real name. “We found his last GPS coordinates…the area is a disaster. We’re thinking IED or suicide bomber.” The tears were now streaming down my face. “There is no sign of Dalton or his unit. We have another team looking for them, but we don’t know if we’ll find anything.”

“What are the chances he’s alive?” I whispered.

LT sighed. “I don’t know, love. I truly don’t know.”

I couldn’t keep my sobs quiet anymore. The cab driver gave me a curious look and I gave him a weak smile. “I-I have to go. I’m at the airport.”

Michael didn’t question why I was at the airport and for that I was thankful for. “Stay strong, Hannah. We’ll find him.”

We said our goodbyes and I made my way through the airport, ignoring the looks I got as I made my way to my gate. I didn’t care that they were staring, I was scared and I wanted my friend.


“I was hoping it was all a dream.” I whispered, finally answering Tyler’s question and coming back to the present. Tears once again filled my eyes as I reached for Tyler. “I can’t lose him, Ty.”

“You can’t think like that, Hannah.” He said once again, running a hand from the top of my head and down my back. “You said yourself, Dalton is good at what he does. They’ll find him.”
I knew deep down that freaking out about this wasn’t doing anything but making me sick, but I couldn’t help it. I finally pulled myself together and gave Tyler a smile, which he returned and wiped the remaining tears off my face.

“Come to practice with me.” Tyler said after a few minutes of silence. “I don’t want you to be alone and I know Jamie would want to see you.”

I nodded. “Practice sounds like a good idea.” I glanced at the alarm clock on Tyler’s side of the bed. “Do I have time to shower real quick?”

“Yeah, I’ll grab you a towel. There should be some of my sisters’ things under the sink.”

“They won’t mind if I use it?”

He chuckled. “They won’t care. I can always buy them more.”

I laughed and made my way to the bathroom, smiling to myself when I remembered Spring Break and being with Tyler. Times were happier then, but I knew there was nowhere else I’d rather be at a time like this, than here in Dallas with him. Distracted by my thoughts, I realized that I never brought my bag up from the living room last night. Without thinking, I wrapped a towel around myself and made a mad dash for the living room where my bag was.

“Hey, Hannah. How are you –whoa.” I squealed and spun around and came face to face with Tyler and the Benn brothers all sitting on the couch.

Without a word I turned on my heels and made my way back to Tyler’s room and proceeded to die from embarrassment. I was stuck, my clean clothes were in the living room and my clothes from yesterday were in the bathroom. I didn’t want to be stuck in a towel, so I looked around Tyler’s room trying to decide if I could steal something. Just as I was reaching for his drawer, there was a knock at the door.

“Hannah, I have your bag for you.” Tyler called from the other side of the door. “Can I come in?”

“No!” I shouted, then blushed. I opened the door just enough for me to stick my head out. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to yell. Can you just hand me the bag please?”

Without a word, Tyler handed the bag over and I quickly shut the door. I got dressed and did my make-up before brushing out my hair. Once I ran out of things to prolong going downstairs, I sighed. The walk down the stairs was a long one and I didn’t know what to expect when I reached the living room. When I walked into the room, all three guys turned and looked at me. I felt my face heat up and the desire to run was strong.

“Can we please just pretend that didn’t happen?” I asked quietly, not meeting any of their stares.

“What didn’t happen?” Jamie asked, winking at me.

I gave him a greatful smile before turning to Tyler who was also smiling. “Do you happen to have a hoodie I could borrow? I didn’t bring one with me.” I chuckled lightly.

Tyler sighed dramatically before running back upstairs and returning with a black Easton Hockey hoodie.

“Thank you.” I smiled, draping it over my arm. “Are ya’ll going to practice together?”

“Today we are.” Jamie smiled. “And you’re sitting in the back with me.”

I smiled and grabbed his hand, dragging him to Tyler’s truck. The ride to practice was filled with laughter, singing, and talking. It was something that I needed to distract myself from what was going on. When we arrived at the practice rink, the guys went to the locker room and I was going to head to the stands. Tyler asked me a dozen times if I was going to be okay alone and I just rolled my eyes at him and literally shoved him down the hallway before taking off on my own.

I was messing around on my phone waiting for practice to start, when I heard someone approach me. “Are you Hannah?” the person asked.

I glanced up and saw a man standing next to me who looked a little familiar. “I am” I smiled. “You’re Rich Peverly” I blurted out when I realized who was standing there.

He chuckled. “Segs said you would know who I was.” I blushed at his words. “Mind if I join you?”

“Please.” I smiled. “How are you feeling?” I asked before I could stop myself. A few weeks of friendship with Tyler and I was no longer nervous around hockey players.

“I’ve been good, all things considering. I’m hoping to return next season.”

“Really?” I asked, slightly shocked. “Aren’t you afraid?”

He shrugged. “A little. If all goes well with my treatments and the doctors are okay with how things are going and they give me the okay, I’ll be out there with them.” He glanced out to the ice where the guys were doing their pre-practice warm-ups.

I followed his glance and the excitement I was feeling towards being here at practice started to bubble up. Tyler looked over to where Rich and I were sitting and flashed me his signature smile. With a smile of my own, I gave him a wave.

Rich glanced at me with a small smile. “He told me about your brother.” He said quietly. Panic filled me and I glanced over at him. I wasn’t supposed to even tell Tyler about the news, but he needed to know. “Before you freak out, know this, he didn’t give me any details. He just said that he is in the military and something happened and that you’re worried.”

I heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that Tyler didn’t betray my trust. “Yeah, I got the phone call yesterday and after freaking out I jumped on a plane and flew down here.”

“Why here? Don’t you live with your best friend, Avery isn’t it?” I raised my eyebrow at the older man. He chuckled, “Captain won’t shut up about her much like Tyler won’t shut up about you.” He winked.

I blushed at his words. “Yes, I live with Avery, but she is in Florida for her cousin’s wedding. My parents moved to South Carolina and they are on vacation right now. I didn’t…couldn’t be alone after that phone call. I could have gone to California to be with Dalton’s fiancée, but I would have to be strong for her and I couldn’t do that when I don’t know where my brother is.” Once again I felt tears filling me eyes.

“I’m sorry, Hannah.” He said softly, placing a hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. I gave him a small smile, but didn’t say anything. Rich seemed to sense that I did not want to talk about Dalton anymore. Instead he asked me about my friendship with Avery. He also asked if I had any new embarrassing stories of Tyler to share, but to his dismay I did not. It was nice to talk about something other than my brother, but that quickly changed when my phone rang and I saw an international number again.

With a shaky breath and a shaky hand, I answered the call. “Hannah Malone.”

“Little Bit, are you sitting down?” I didn’t even answer him before a sob ripped from me, alarming the man sitting next to me. He quickly wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side. I didn’t hear what LT was saying, I was focusing on keeping my breathing and sobs in check. “Hannah!” Filled my ear. “Breathe, Bit!”

I tried to pull air into my lungs, but choked on it. I couldn’t breathe. I was vaguely aware of Rich yelling for someone and taking my phone away. I heard my name being called once more before the world went black…

XXXXX


Tyler was enjoying practice today and a glance to the stands told him Hannah was too. He could see her laughing and smiling as she talked to Rich. Tyler was thankful for his teammate’s willingness to sit with the frightened girl.

“I see Pevs got to Hannah.” Jamie chuckled as Hannah’s laugh rang through the empty rink, bringing a smile to Tyler’s face.

“She needed a distraction.”

“Is everything okay?” Jamie asked, suddenly worried about the girl.

Just as Tyler was about to answer, Rich’s voice calling for the team doctor broke through. Tyler spun around so fast, he nearly tripped himself. Hannah was still sitting in the stands, but she was hyperventilating, even from the ice he could see the ragged rise and fall of her chest. He also could see the tears streaming down her face. That’s when he noticed Rich on the phone and standing over the girl.

“Fuck!” Tyler yelled, ripping his helmet off his head while shaking off his gloves. He skated to the bench and quickly tried to get his skates off, but his hands were shaking too much. Noticing his struggle, the equipment manager stepped in and finished the job. As soon as he was free of his boots, Tyler sprinted for Hannah. Just as he was getting close to her, he watched her body slump in her seat. “Hannah!” he yelled.

Doc was ahead of Tyler and turned to him, “She passed out.” He assured him.

When he got closer to the group of people, Tyler heard his name being called. He looked to the older man who took him under his wing when he joined the league. Tyler noticed he still had Hannah’s phone in his hand and was holding it out to him.

“I have a longtime friend of Hannah’s on the phone. He’s the one who called, you should talk to him.” Rich said, handing him the phone.

Tyler took a deep breath before placing the phone to his ear. “Hello?”

“Tyler?”

“Yeah.” Tyler should be concerned that this person knew his name, but at the moment he didn’t care.

“My name is Michael, I went through training with Dalton. I’m also a friend of Hannah’s.”

“L.T, right? Yeah, I’ve heard about you. Please tell me she did not just get the call I think she did.”

“Yes and no.”

“Excuse me.” Tyler was so confused. If the call wasn’t what he thought, then why was his best friend passed out on the bleachers.

“They have found Dalton…alive.” Tyler let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Her brother was alive. “I didn’t get the word ‘alive’ out fast enough. Hannah misunderstood.”

Just then Hannah came to and was full on sobbing. Tyler pushed through the group and handed her the phone. “Talk to L.T. Breathe, Hannah and talk to him.”

Hesitantly, she took the phone and Tyler pulled her into his arms, preparing for entirely different breakdown. “Oh my god!” she screamed before breaking down once again. “Okay, yes okay. Please call me as soon as you can. Thanks L.T” She ended the call and buried her face in my sweat soaked practice jersey and cried.

“See, I told you.” Tyler whispered, kissing her temple. She chuckled, smacking his chest. She pulled away and smiled despite her tears. “Next time listen completely before passing out, eh?” He chuckled.

“When someone you love is missing and the words ‘are you sitting down’ came out of someone’s mouth, ya think the worst.” Defending herself.

“I know, I’m sorry. I was just trying to calm you down.”

Hannah leaned forward and kissed Tyler on the cheek, catching him off guard. “Thank you, Tyler. There is no way I would have been able to make it through this without you.”

“You would have gone to California to be with Brooke.”

Hannah gasped. “Brooke! I’ve got to call her.” She reached for her phone and dialed a number.
“I’m going to go get dressed.” Tyler placed another kiss on her forehead and he was rewarded with a smile as Brooke answered.

When Tyler got to the locker room almost everyone was gone, except Jamie. He was sitting at his locker and looked up as his line mate walked into the room.

“Is Hannah okay?” He asked, concern clearly written on his face.

Tyler sighed. “Yeah, she is. Everything will be fine now.”

“Can you tell me what’s going on? I asked Avery and she didn’t know and now she’s freaking out.”

Tyler stripped out of his gear and looked at his friend. “Her brother is in the military and went missing the other day. There wasn’t much information on what was going on and she was freaking out.”

“Understandable. So was that phone call good or bad?”

“Good. They found him and he’s alive.” Tyler chuckled lightly. “She passed out before her friend could get the word “alive” out of his mouth.”

Jamie chuckled. “I’m glad everything turned out okay. Am I allowed to relay to Avery?”

“I don’t see why not. She was going to call her anyway but didn’t want to worry her while on vacation.”

Jamie nodded. “I’m glad everything is okay. Do you know if he’s coming state side?”

“I don’t know, he didn’t tell me anything and I doubt he knows much right now. As soon as I know, I’ll be sure to fill you in.”

“I appreciate it, man.” Jamie slapped Tyler on the shoulder. “I know you have a shoot soon so Jordie and I can grab a ride with Goose.”

“I totally forgot about that. I’m sorry, dude.”

“No biggie, you had a lot going on. I’m guessing Hannah is going with you?” Tyler nodded. “So if the two of you want to swing by afterwards, you’re more than welcome to. I was thinking of doing some grilling for me and Jordie.”

Tyler smiled at his friend. “I’ll talk to Hannah and see what she thinks. I’ll get back to you.”
“Sounds good, man. Have fun at your shoot and tell Hannah I’m glad her brother is okay.”
“Will do, J. Give my best to Avery.”

When Jamie left and Tyler was dressed for the shoot, he ventured to the stands and found Avery where he had left her. This time though she was smiling and laughing at something Brooke had said. Tyler paused and took in the scene of the girl he was falling for, finally smiling. He didn’t realize how much he missed her smile until he saw it. She laughed once again and Tyler found himself smiling before making his way up the stairs to join her.

Hannah glanced up at him and smiled. “Brooke, I’ve got to go. Let me know if you need anything and give me a call when you hear from D.” She said, not looking away from Tyler. She listened to what her future sister-in-law was saying before responding. “I love you, too. Yes, we will have to find a time.”

When she hung up, she smiled at Tyler and pulled him down next to her. Without a word she wrapped her arm around his waist and buried her face in his chest. “Thank you,” she mumbled.
Tyler ran his hand through her hair. “What are you thanking me for?”

When she pulled away, Tyler noticed the tears again and felt his heart break. “For being the best friend in the world. For not pushing my away when I showed up at your door. For everything, but most importantly for being there for me and being the best friend ever.” She leaned forward and placed a kiss on Tyler’s cheek, causing him to blush.

“Han, you know I’m always here for you.”

“I really don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t home or if I we had never met.” She hiccupped.

Tyler wiped away her tears. “You would have made it through. You’re one strong girl, it’s one of the things that grabbed my attention about you. You would have gone to Cali to be with Brooke and the two of you would have gotten through it together. You didn’t need me.” Even though he loved that she had in fact gone to him in her time “of need.

She shook her head. “I do need you Tyler.” She took a deep breath. “Being around you makes me so happy. There are so many times when I want to just come see you, but then I can’t. You brighten my day, even if I have to watch an interview or something…wow that sounded stalkerish.” She blushed. “Nevermind. I’m going to stop talking now.”

Her rambling was cute and Tyler knew he had to act now. Just as Hannah was about to turn away from him, he grabbed her chin and made her look at him. He gave her a smile before lowering his lips to hers. She froze at first, but then quickly relaxed. She threw her arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss.

When they broke apart, both of them were breathing heavily. Tyler smiled again and placed a hand on Hannah’s cheek.

“Be my girlfriend. I always want to be there for you. Han. There have been so many times when I’ve wanted to see you too. Those Skype sessions and phone calls? They get me through the day. I can’t wait until I can see you or hear your voice. I don’t care that we’ve only known each other for a few months. All I care about is being able to call you mine.”

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

Hannah nodded a smile on her face. “Yes, Tyler. I’ll be your girlfriend. I would want nothing more.”
Tyler beamed as he leaned in for another kiss, smiling when Hannah fell into his arms. He hugged her tight to his body and smiled into the kiss when once again lyrics filled his head.

Baby, can’t you tell by this kiss. I don’t wanna be your friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! I am so sorry for the delay with updates. As Megan had said, life took over.

I've been waiting to post this for some time and I was going to split it up, but it worked best as one. I hope you all enjoy this because this was one of my favorite chapters to write.

The song is "Don't Wanna Be Your Friend" by Scotty McCreery.