Pyro

Upon Return

Pyro was gone for fifteen days this time.

He made love to me the night before he left. When I woke up the next morning, a rose and a note took his place on the bed – “I’m sorry.”

I don’t know what he meant by that note, but I feared the worst.
I feared that he left me, never to return.

I know he came back last time, but what if this time is different?

I looked out the window of the café, watching some of the children – they were huddled up in coats and jackets and adorned with beanies, gloves, and scarves – walk to school.

“Do you miss those days, Alessandro?”
Giov smiled and nodded towards the children while drying a couple of glasses.

“Yeah, all the way through secondary school.”

I also miss when my parents were alive during that time.

The bread and Nutella spread with hot chocolate for breakfast before primary school. The study sessions with Mother after I came home from lower secondary school and the hours in the photography store with Father after upper secondary school.

The departure for university filled with tears and best wishes.


I took a sip from my coffee and sighed.

I graduated from university, only to return home to attend a funeral – a car accident killed both Mother and Father on impact.

I’ve been home alone ever since.
Well, until Pyro started showing up.

I don’t want to go back to being alone.

The door opened and in stepped Marco, shivering with eyes wide.

He turned his head and looked directly at me, ignoring Giov’s greeting, as he made his way towards me.
He sat down in the seat in front of me, taking off his hat and resting his folded hands on the table.

“I need to talk to you…about Pyro.”

My eyes narrowed at him.

“Why? Are you trying to convince me that your accusation was right?”
“Yes! It is right! Pyro is not who you think he is, Alessandro!”

I stood up and was about to walk away, but he firmly grabbed a hold on my wrist.

“Hear me out, Alessandro!”
“And why should I?”

His hand trembled.

“I may not be a saint, but I’m trying to atone for my past actions. I have to stop him before more lives are ruined! It’s only a matter of time until lives are taken!”

I bit down on my lip.

I shouldn’t listen. He’s not to be trusted.

But once again, that is Pyro’s opinion of him.


“I-I have to stop him! Even if I fail, I feel that you can do something! Please hear me out, Alessandro!”
“Hear you out on what, Marco?”

Marco and I turned towards the voice and I couldn’t help the smile that made its way onto my lips.

“Pyro! You’re back!”
I yanked my wrist from Marco’s grip and ran to embrace him.

Marco stood up abruptly and pointed a shaky finger towards Pyro.

Bambino Demone! Admit to your sick and twisted sins and crimes! Admit to them!
“I don’t have the slightest idea on what you’re talking about, Marco.”

Marco’s face grew red.

“What about that wench Rosalia?! Sitting in that burnt chair, left to ro—!”

Pyro was standing directly in front of Marco within seconds, towering over him and shaking with anger.

“You have no right to speak of my mother. You have no right to let her name fall from your mouth! Remember, you’re the bastard that ruined her!”

Marco was at a loss of words, trembling in fear as he fell back into the seat.

I carefully made my way to Pyro’s side, grabbing a hold of his hand that was formed into a fist.

“Let’s go, Pyro. Let’s go.”

He was still seething at Marco, not breaking his dagger-filled stare.
I moved my hand to his shoulder.

“Please, Pyro. Let’s go!”

He finally calmed down, grabbing my hand and letting me lead him out the door.
About two blocks down the sidewalk, he stopped abruptly and pushed me against the wall of a building, not hesitating to press his lips against mine.

“Your place. I missed you so much and I need you.”

And I didn’t argue with him.

I needed him just as much.

No time was wasted as we made our way to my apartment, onto the familiar bed, clothes discarded all over the room once again.

Lips on lips. Skin on skin.
Friction. Sweat. Heat.
Deeper and harder and faster.

Strangled breaths and moans – each other's names and the occasional swearing.


“F-Fuck…! I’m close!”

And in a few minutes later, it was over.

I held him close, burying my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent – the cinnamon was more prominent than the cigarette fumes – and not wanting him to pull out.

“Stop leaving me for so long…”

He kissed my forehead and – sadly – pulled out, lying next to me.
I scooted closer to him, our chests touching as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Do you miss me that much?”
“I thought you weren’t coming back…”

He gently kissed my lips, as if he was afraid that they would break.

“Listen, Alessandro, I can’t stop leaving, but I promise you that I will always come back. No matter how long I'm gone, I will come back. Okay?”

I nodded, pressing a kiss to the scar on his collarbone.

“A-Alessandro…?”
“Yes?”

It was silent for a moment.

“Never mind. It’s not important.”
“What is it?”

“…Do you love me?”

“Of course I do.”
I placed a hand on his cheek.

“Do…Do you think you’ll ever stop loving me…?”

I tensed up a bit.

“What’s wrong, Pyro?”
“Nothing…I just want to know.”

I kissed him before looking him in the eyes.

“I don’t think I can ever stop loving you, Pyro.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmm.
What do you think, lovelies? ;D
Don'tFearTheReaper, wavyyybabyyy, polka dot perfection <3
'Til the next chapter!