Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

The Angel From My Nightmares

"What the hell are you..." his voice was furious, ice and fire at the same time, warring in his voice. "You- you're not even human, are you?"
"I am human." I replied quietly. "I'm the same person I've always been." I wasn't human. I was immortal. I'd be here forever, living with my shame for the rest of eternity.. Long after my purpose to exist was gone.
"Ain't that the fuckin' truth?! You've looked the same since I was fifteen!" he accused.
"Andy, honey, we met when you were eighteen." I said patiently. "I didn't know you at fifteen."
He stared at me for a long minute before he dug something out of his luggage. "Recognize this?" he asked mildly. From his pale, bony fingers dropped a black and yellow pendant, swinging on a silver chain. On the back, I could see an engraving. I recognized it of course, I'd given it to him five years ago on that fateful day, that day I'd failed him.. I gave it to him to protect him when I was unable, hoping it would help him. The back said his name, engraved with my own initial A, opposite his. That night was engraved in my memories like the words on the necklace. I'd carried him home, laying him in bed. At that point, I knew it was coming. I just had to get him home safe first...
I tucked him in, letting my wings show. The pristine white retreated, a ring of white against shameful, disgraceful black. The black expanded, covering from the top of the wing to the very tips of the feathers in just seconds. Just like that, I was banished from my home and an outcast from anywhere else... No fanfare or dramatics.. Just a simple change and that was my send off. I knelt down. "I failed you, blue eyes... I won't be there for you anymore. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me..."I placed the necklace in his hand, folding his fingers around it. I kissed his forehead, saying goodbye before standing up and disappearing from the room.

I didn't think I'd ever see him again, much less be so close.. I'd been dropped in Los Angeles, the place Andy dreamed of.. And he fell right into the palm of my hand.
"N-no. I don't. Why would I recognize that?"
Andy spun it in his fingers. "Oh, I don't know. Because you gave it to me, maybe." he said nonchalantly. He spun the charm again, holding it up. "I'll ask you again. What are you?"
I sighed. "Andy, you're being ridiculous. I didn't give you the necklace and I'm still just me."
He tipped his head back against the wall of his bunk. "When are you going to stop playing dumb? I already know." his face was blank.
"Know what?" I asked, scooting beside him. "Andy, I don't know what you want." I said quietly, still lying through my teeth. I knew what he wanted, he knew what he wanted to hear, but I couldn't force the words out.
"I want you to tell me the truth. That's all I want, Ashley. I want the truth. I don't want you to lie and hide anymore. I want you. I just want you." he whispered. "That's all I want, Ash. You. I want you. Without the lies, without the armor you've built around yourself."
I bit my lip, removing the chain from where it was wrapped around his fingers. I held his hair off his neck, closing the clasp. I smoothed out the chain, the pendant lying flat against his chest. "I'm here for you." I murmured, resting my head on his shoulder. "You can have me." I'd always been his, and now was no different. I'd been created for him, I lived and died for him alone. He was my eternal purpose and my eternal punishment. He deserved to know.
I played with his hair, preparing my speech. I don't know why it was so hard.. He claimed to already know..
"Andy.. Your parents are Catholic. Every child of the Christian faith has a guardian angel to watch over them, to protect and guide them." I began. "Even if they lose their faith, the angel still watches over them." He gazed at me, silent. I sighed, running my hand through his hair again. "I knew you before you were born. I knew your soul and I knew you the way God made you."
"If.. If you're an angel.. Why are you here?" he asked softly.
I exhaled, getting up. I led him to the back room. I stared at the ground, letting my walls fall down. My wings became visible, stark and black. "I- you know why I'm here. Remember that day.. The one when you were in tenth grade, and you got that necklace? An angel isn't supposed to reveal themselves to the child they're meant to protect." Andy gently touched my wing, lip quivering. "Ash.. You- thank you." he threw his arms around me. "All those years I spent, feeling like I wasn't alone.. Then I met you and it felt like coming home.." he whispered. "Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
hi, lovelies c: I'm so so sorry for taking so long but I'm lame and I have no excuse so I hope you enjoy