Status: Still plan on continuing this story, just very busy with more important things.

You Put the Spike in My Heart

Motley, Paint & Powder

After Bert's little 'episode', Frank had introduced Bailey to the rest of the band. She very politely stood to shake everyone's hand and then took a seat next to Frank. He nudged her with his elbow playfully as the rest of the group huddled around the television to watch Bob and Ray play video games.

"So you guys seem to be getting along great."

She rolled her eyes and nudged him back.

"Bert and I? Yeah sure, just like brother and sister. I'm ready to kill him almost every two seconds."

He laughed and nudged her again.

"Why aren't you out watching them play?"

She nudged him back.

"I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to watch them play. Bert wants me to stay for the whole tour...and I'm going to try."

He noticed that her eyes drifted to the floor in thought, but he nudged her without skipping a beat.

"That's awesome! We're going to have so much fun!"

She jabbed him hard in the ribs this time.

"Would you quit nudging me? I'm about to throw you out of your chair!"

An evil grin spread across his face before nudging her again. Soon enough they were both elbowing each other as fast as they could, crying out in pain and laughing.

"Children!"

Ray's tone made them freeze. The video game has been stopped and the whole band had stopped to watch them with perplexed faces. Frank immediately pointed to Bailey.

"She started it."

Her mouth dropped before pushing his chair over, toppling him to the floor. Everyone laughed as she crossed her arms and stared down at him defiantly.

"Hey!"

Frank stuck out his bottom lip which she merely shrugged at.

"I warned you."

"Do my makeup?"

"Okay."

They both shuffled back over to the makeup counter as the rest of the group proceeded to stare, bewildered at the sudden change. Gerard was the first to shake his head.

"Great, we've got Frank and Frank #2 on tour. There's not enough coffee in the world for us to live through this one."

They both turned to glare at him in the same manner causing everyone to start laughing again.

The boys went back to playing video games as Bailey started on Frank's makeup.

"What made you decide to leave home and come on tour?"

She sighed and shuffled through her bag, searching for some eyeshadow.

"After subjecting myself to no human contact whatsoever and then thinking and drinking myself to death...I decided on something I already knew. There was nothing left for me there."

He put a hand on hers and squeezed it softly. She smiled but brushed it off.

"I'm doing fine, Franky. Don't worry about me."

She gave him another reassuring smile before rimming his eyes in red eyeshadow.

"Done."

"Wow, that looks really good."

She jumped at the intrusive voice and turned to see Mikey looking over her shoulder.

"Lurk much?"

She raised an eyebrow as he scuffed his feet on the carpet.

"Sorry."

"You want me to do yours?"

His face brightened and he nodded. She giggled, not used to being around someone so shy. Her breath was suddenly halted as Frank flung his arms around her and squeezed.

"No, she's mine. You can't have her, Mikey."

"Get off of me, you oaf. Be nice, what did I tell you about sharing?"

He let go and gave her a cocky grin.

"That you think you're the only one who doesn't have to?"

She kicked him in the leg before turning around on the counter to face Mikey.

"Hi Mikey."

She beckoned to him and he came over, blushing. As soon as he was close enough she grabbed his chin lightly to look over his face.
Gerard had been watching ever since Mikey had decided to approach her and Frank. She was now studying his brother's face, much like you would see anyone pouring over a piece of artwork. Her lips were slightly pouted and her eyes were narrowed in concentration. Mikey's face was flushed and he fidgeted nervously, obviously not used to so much attention from such a pretty girl. Gerard frowned disapprovingly. He didn't know why but he didn't like the exchange between Mikey and Bailey. It was probably just him being over-protective of his brother.
Bailey's pout turned upwards into a smile as she took her hand from Mikey's face and dove into her bag.

"Mikey, do you own contacts?"

"Yes..."

"Wanna wear them tonight?"

"Sure, but -"

"Mind if I do your hair too?"

"Okay, but -"

Before he could finish, she had taken off his glasses and started giving him a thick black line underneath his eyelids. Gerard noticed that she had regained her pout and concentration. Frank had obviously noticed too.

"Wow, Bailey-Face. I've never seen you so excited about makeup before."

She smirked but didn't falter from her task.

"He has a nice canvas."

Gerard suddenly notcied that there were no more sounds coming from the TV. He looked over to see Bob and Ray looking at him in bemusement.

"Jealous much?"

Now almost everyone was looking at him...his face must have looked very unhappy.

"Don't worry Gerard, I'll do your makeup next."

She hadn't even looked away from Mikey's face. He felt his frown deepen.

"That's really not necessary."

She looked at him then and smirked.

"Oh come on. If you're going to marry my brother one day, you're going to need my approval."

Ray laughed and Gerard smacked him in the head. Bailey turned back to Mikey and started playing with his hair.

"I won't bite you Gerard, I promise."

"It's not me I'm worried about you biting."

He immediately regretted saying it. Bailey faltered in her work, a strange look on her face he couldn't seem to interpret. Frank glared at him and the rest of the group went quiet.