Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Twenty-seven

Cooler sat on the bridge of the colony's escape ship. He felt the arms of the chair in which he sat, and smiled as he looked up at its viewer. Salza and Turnip walked onto the bridge with the case of power fruits and stood at attention.

"Well?" Cooler said. "Open it up."

Turnip opened up the case and revealed six power fruits. Salza and Turnip both picked one of the fruits up. As Turnip was about to bite into the fruit, Cooler raised a finger.

"Ah," Cooler said. "I think I'll be taking that one."

Turnip smiled and threw the power fruit to Cooler. And then Cooler ate the fruit, and nodded to his two soldiers. The two of them ate the fruit, and then took their positions on the bridge.

"So, the question now is this," Cooler said. "Do you know how to fly this damned ship, Turnip?"

"Of course I do," Turnip said as he took the helm.

"Then take us out," Cooler said as he stood and walked around the bridge. "Turnip, how long is it going to take before we reach the moon?"

"It'll take only an hour, my lord," Turnip said.

"When we get there, I want you to land as close to the pirates' camp as you can," Cooler said. "We definitely want to make an impression on them."

"What kind of impression is that?" Turnip said. "That we want to get ourselves killed?"

"No, Turnip," Cooler said. "It's quite the opposite, actually. The impression we're going for is that we're strong enough to land there without getting killed." He smiled. "If I know what people like this are like, it's going to scare the crap out of them." He paused for a moment and then said, "Turnip, do they have any special abilities that we need to know about?"

"Their leader is a Namekain," Turnip said. "A rogue Namek. He calls himself Zither. He's the one with the power level over 700,000. As far as Namekains go he's quite violent...if he had have been born a Saiyan, he would be considered one of our greatest warriors.

"One of the others is named Mammoth. He's a hairy guy, but he has an ability. His hair can turn into spikes, so if you get too close to him, you'll find yourself stabbed in the throat with his hair blades. He's the weakest of the four, so he shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

"The other two are twins. Do and Ja. Do prides himself on being the fastest warrior in the universe since Freeza and his men died during the war on Namek, and Ja is a strong warrior with a power level of 675,000."

"What's the chances of them having eaten some of the fruit since you last saw them?" Cooler said.

"Minimal," Turnip said. "The fruit's only in season once a year, and that season won't come for another four months."

"Then they'd better hope that I'm as merciful with them as I was with you," Cooler said. "Where are the scouters?"

Turnip opened a drawer under his console and thew one to Cooler. Cooler went on to pass it to Salza.

Once Salza had put on the scouter, Cooler said, "What's Turnip's power level?"

"He's at 4,200,000," he said.

Cooler opened his arms and smiled. "You get to live a little longer, Turnip," Salza said. "That's exactly where I expected you to be."