Status: Ongoing

Cooler Rising

Chapter Thirty-six

Piccolo landed on New Namek. He looked around, saw nothing, and then contemplated his surroundings. He smiled--this was one of the few times he'd ever been to New Namek, and he hadn't spent a whole lot of time on the old one, either. For him, this was something of a rarity, and he intended to cherish it while he could.

Someone landed behind him. He turned and observed the Namekain who'd landed behind him for a moment, and then smiled for a moment.

"You're a child," Piccolo said.

"I've reached adulthood," the Namekain replied.

"You would have only been very young when Freiza destroyed Old Namek," Piccolo said as he circled the stranger. "Your power level is relatively high. Not as high as mine. You're a soldier."

"I'm close to becoming an elite."

"Then you're close to gaining your sword?"

"Indeed."

"Show me your leader," Piccolo said. "Bring me to him. I can have a sword myself."

"He'll expect you to be able to prove it," the stranger said. "We've never seen you before. You might be strong, but are you skilled?"

"I'm one of the best," Piccolo said. "Very few are better."

"Prove it," the soldier said.

The soldier jabbed for Piccolo. He dodged it, grabbed the hand and ripped it off, throwing it into the distance.

Piccolo kicked the soldier in the knee, and then brought his own knee up to the soldier's face. The soldier went backwards for a small distance, but braced himself eventually. Piccolo extended his hand and fired two ki blasts.

The soldier blocked the first and deflected the second. He charged at Piccolo. Piccolo jumped into the air and then looked down below him.

"Special Beam Cannon!"

Piccolo's Special Beam Cannnon went downwards towards the soldier. The soldier jumped up and kicked it into a nearby hill. The hill went up in a display of smoke and fireworks.

"You're good, stranger, but are you good enough to beat this?" the soldier said, extending his hand towards Piccolo. "Inferno!"