Status: Work in progress.

Inexperienced

"Are you stalking me?"

*Monday morning*

Yep. Too fast.

Today’s the day.

Let’s do this.

All right.

I should probably get up now.

I’ve never been a morning person but I had tough time falling asleep last night so I’m a bit more tired than usual.

Once I was up, Dylan jumped on my bed, watching me as I got ready.

I ruffled his fur and said good morning to the pup before I hoped into the shower.

Since I didn’t have my Blackhawks uniform yet, I just threw on my black yoga pants and put an old Hawks on shirt over my black sports bra.

After I ate breakfast and grabbed my gym bag and keys, I walked out of my apartment.

I took my phone out from my back pocket and saw that I had a new message from Luca.

Big Brother: Have a good day! And good luck☺ They’re going to love you<3 and if they don’t I’ll kick their asses for being stupid. LOVE YOU! BTW dessert’s on me tonight

I was smiling and shaking my head when I finished reading the message. My brother really is the best.

As I was about to reply, I ran into a brick wall, fell back and landed on my butt.

“What the f-”

I looked up and met a pair of dark brown eyes looking down at me.

​Holy shit I just ran into Jonathan Toews.​​​​

“Oh I’m sorry, are you okay?”

He held out his hand to help me up. I took it and picked my phone up from the floor.

“Yea I’m fine, thanks. Uh. I should be apologizing. I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry.” I said nervously.

God, I probably looked like a fucking idiot right now.

“No problem,” he said.

I should probably introduce myself.

“Uh hi. I’m Karen, your new neighbor.” I said tilting my head toward my door.

I extended my hand. He shook it but he seemed a bit weird now.

“Oh. Yeah.” He looked back at me and looked down at my shirt.

Fuck. My. Life.

Coincidently, the shirt I chose to wear was a Toews shirt. Why didn’t I look at the shirt I chose before leaving?! Great.

“Nice shirt. Uh, so I guess you’re a fan?” he said, pointing at my shirt.

“Yea I’m a huge fan but actually today’s my first day worki-”

He cut me off before I could finish explaining.

“Listen, thanks for supporting the team and I’m glad you’re a fan but I just want to ask you to do something for me. I like my personal life to stay private. I’ve worked really hard to hide that from the media and I want to keep it that way. Now, I don’t know how you got that apartment but Patrick Kane and I asked the organization to make sure certain floors, such as this one, were only occupied by Blackhawk players or staff.”

“Oh. Yes I understand, but the thing is-”

He continued, not even letting me explain myself.

“And I’m pretty sure I can speak for Patrick when I say this so can you please give us some space and can you not tell anyone where we live? I’m pretty sure you’re a great girl but please try and understand that we need time to ourselves and this is one of the very few places we can get that.”

“Yea I know Jonathan, but-”

“Now I’m sorry but I’m kind of in a hurry and have to be somewhere. Maybe we can chat some other time. And thanks for understanding.”

And with that, he walked towards the elevator while I stood there in the middle of the hallway looking like a complete idiot.

Did that really just happen?

Oh great, now he thinks I’m some crazy fan. But I can’t believe what a complete dick he was right now. He didn’t even try and let me explain!

I was so frustrated.

And hurt.

After a minute, I shook it off and walked to the elevator. Once it got to my floor, I got in and waited a bit longer before pressing the button to the underground garage. I didn’t want to run into him again or anytime soon. That wouldn’t be possible though, considering I was about to see him again for training.

Perfect. Just perfect.

****

It was a twenty-minute drive to Johnny’s and once I got there, there were just a few cars in the lot.

I walked in and showed my pass to one of the security guards. He smiled and showed me which way to go.

Walking into the staff room, I set my bag down on one of the couches when I heard the door open and Paul Goodman walked in.

“Ah! There you are Karen! How are you?” He walked towards me and gave me a quick hug.

“Hey Paul! I’m great! Pretty psyched to be here, really.” I felt as if the Toews thing never happened. This was really happening and I was so excited.

Paul told me what we were going to be doing that day and showed me were I could put my things. He also told me that I could wear the shirts they would provide me with or any Hawks shirt in general.

Sweet.

Another trainer came in and also introduced himself as Jarred. He told Paul that Q wanted to see him to go over some things before training began.

Jarred and I talked and he told me that most of the team was already here.

“Come on, let’s go meet the guys.

Fun.

We walked into the training room and it was filled with a bunch of loud hockey players stretching and catching up with each about how their break went.

The minute I walked in, everyone’s eyes landed on me.

Oh great. I’m pretty sure I looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I think I might’ve been shaking too.

My eyes scanned the room and landed on Jonathan who currently looked furious.

He made his way to me and stopped a foot away from me.

“What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLLLOOOO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
So what do you think?
Comment?
I could really use the feedback:) Don't worry, I don't bite!
Stay beautiful!
xx
-A