Status: Work in progress.

Inexperienced

Someone Teach Me How to Girl

Over the next month, I had gotten to know all the guys on the team. I felt so comfortable around all of them, maybe because I’ve been around guys all my life. They were all so sweet, annoying, and welcoming. Mostly annoying. In a good way.

Andrew Shaw and Brandon Saad were probably the sweetest guys ever. Patrick Sharp was a blast to hang out with and talk to. Kris Versteeg was…perfect.

Every time I talked to him, Sharpie would wag his eyebrows and make kissy faces behind his back to me.

Jerk.

A Friday as I was getting ready to leave, Brandon jumped out at me, nearly scaring me half to death.

Unfortunately, the guys found out I was extremely ticklish, so they took every opportunity they saw to torture me.

Brandon had practically tackled me to the ground when he jumped on me. I was dying of laughter with Brandon on top of me, trapping me under his freshly showered body.

Every girls dream, huh?

After begging him to quit, he finally did but he still had me trapped under him.

Still giggling, I smacked his firm chest and tried to push him off of me.

“Hello, beautiful,” he said grinning.

“Get off me Brandon!”

“I wanna ask you something first,” he said smiling cheekily down at me.

Cue the heart failure.

“And what could be so important that you had to attack me and pin me down in order to ask me?”

“I wanted to know if you were doing anything tomorrow tonight.”

“Why?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Because a bunch of us are going out and we want you to go,” he said, still smiling like an idiot.

“If I say yes, will you get off of me?”

“Maybe.”

“Then, yes, I would love to go. Why? Because I have nothing better to do, now get off, fat ass,” I laughed and managed to shove him off of me.

He grabbed my hands and helped me up.

“I hate you,” I mumbled, dusting myself off.

He grabbed my hands again and pulled me towards him. He bent his face down to mine and looked me straight in the eyes. Wow, I never noticed how pretty his eyelashes were. How the fuck does this bitch have better eyelashes than me?

“You love me,” he said.

I stared up at him as his eyes roamed my face, finally landing on my lips.

Oh shit.

Just as he was leaning in, Jon walked in.

“Hey Karen do you wanna go-”

Oh fuck.

He froze when he saw how close Brandon and I were.

“Uh…What the hell is going here?” he asked, looking at us.

I stepped away from Brandon and he let go of my hands.

“I was just asking Karen if she wanted to come with us tomorrow. She said yes,” he said, not noticing glare. “I’ll see you later, ‘kay?”

“Alright, jerk.” I smacked his arm as he walked away.

I walked over to the door and slung my bag over my shoulder.

“So what was that?” Jon asked, blocking the doorway.

“Nothing, what are you talking about?”

Seriously, what was his problem? Why does he always act all weird whenever the guys would play-flirt with me? Doesn’t he get that we’re just playing around?

“Well I walked in and you guys are about to swallow each other’s faces,” he said, still not letting me through.

“Jon, nothings going on. Relax. I have to go, can you move please?” I looked up at him and his face softened.

“I’m sorry Kare, you know I just don’t want you to get hurt or anything.”

Ever since I told them about how I’ve never been with anyone, he’s been extremely protective of me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it an all but come on, really? Am I not capable of taking care of myself?

“You know Man-Child wouldn’t do that,” I say grabbing ahold of his hand. “Thanks for caring though.” I smiled up at him.

The corners of his mouth curved up in a soft smile.

He bent his head down and I stood on my tippy-toes to kiss his cheek.

“See you at home,” he said walking out of the room.

As I was walking out, I was wondering what club or whatever we were going to tomorrow and I started freaking out. I suddenly remembered that I had absolutely nothing to wear.

“Oh great. Just great,” I said to myself.

I didn’t even see Sharpie till I smacked right into his chest as I was walking out of the room.

Ow.

I’m pretty sure all the guys had brick walls as chests.

“Woah there, K,” he said steadying me. “You alright?”

“Oh, sorry Sharpie, I wasn’t paying attention,” I said holding my head. “Damn, your chest is hard.”

“Why thank you, I try and keep it that way,” he chuckled, “What’s on your mind?”

“I’ve got a girl problem,” I said bitterly.

“What is it? Please don’t tell me if it has anything to do with…you know…that kind of problem.” His eyes widened and he backed up a step.

“Gross Sharpie. No, not that. It’s just that the guys and I are going out tomorrow night and I have absolutely nothing to wear. And I really hate shopping for dresses.”

“You really are the strangest girl alive, you know that? You swear every other word, you’re more into sports than any person I’ve ever met, including the guys. You hate shopping, you hate dressing up, you don’t cover you face in makeup- not that you need it anyway. You’re definitely not a girl,” he said smiling down at me.

“Aw thanks for reminding me that I don’t know how to girl Sharpie.”

I smacked his arm and rolled my eyes.

“Hey, maybe Abby can help with that,” he suggested.

“Really? I don’t know Sharpie. I don’t want to trouble her. I haven’t even met her yet!”

He chuckled and shook his head. “It’s no trouble at all sweetie, trust me. Besides, Abby’s been dying to meet you.”

“Alright, I guess.” I shrugged. “I’ll come by around five tomorrow.”

“Let’s go right now that way you’ll have all day tomorrow ready and stuff,” Sharpie said, walking out with me.

“We’re leaving around ten. I’m not gonna take that long to get ready,” I say.

Sharpie just laughed and shook his head.

“Wow, you really aren’t a girl,” he said, patting my head.

I’m not a dog Sharpie.

I looked up, confused by his comment. “What? Why? Should it take me longer than 20 minutes to get ready?”

“Just follow me alright?” Sharpie shouted, walking toward his car.

I gave him a thumbs up, got into my car and followed him out of the parking lot.

I was actually pretty excited to meet Abby. I needed some girl time.

Maybe she can teach me how to girl properly. Ha! Yea, we’ll see how this goes.
♠ ♠ ♠
completely forgot to keep updating on here. i mostly update on hockeyfanfic.
but I'm back