Status: HIATUS

You Found Me

Break the bubble, break it up

I knew one more thing after today's classes. Baking one thousand cupcakes for our school's fundraiser was definitely tiring. It was fun especially because I got to bake with Pat and Garrett being in the same baking class. Pat kept trying to eat the cupcakes as soon as they'd get out of the oven and Garrett and I might or might not have had a mini food fight after the cupcakes were done. There was floor all over my shirt and on my hair but I think Garrett has it worse having frosting on his hair, face, and body.

I got to leave school around six when all the cupcakes were ready for sale. I was ready to take a relaxing bath and retire to my bed early due to all the baking earlier. I slipped out of the car and I was about to go straight to our house when I felt my phone vibrating. I fished it out of my pocket and saw John's name in big bright white letters.

"Where are you?" John asked frantically over the phone. I could hear chattering in the background and I knew that he went home earlier than I did today.

"Walking to the house, why?" I asked, going up to the porch and in front of the door.

"What?! Shit. Wait," John practically yelled at the phone just as I turned the knob. The moment I shut the door behind me and looked at the living room, I saw tons of people lounging on the couches and chairs. John rushed down the stairs wearing a purple button up and black jeans. I looked at him questioningly and at the people. Everybody was wearing a dress or slacks and not one person wasn't staring at me. "Dinner with dad's officemates," John sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

I smiled at the people around and pulled John up the stairs. "You couldn't tell me while I was at school?! Look at me, John. I look like I just rolled in flour."

"Yeah, you look like a donut," he nodded his head, looking at me from head to toe.

"That's not the point!" I fumed, trying to peek down the stairs.

"Look, I'm just as surprised as you are. The point is, you have to get ready before dinner starts," He turned to go back downstairs. I was about to go inside my room when he turned back and called me. "One other thing," he paused and I raised my eyebrows at him. "Kean's family is going to be here."

My mouth fell agape and I scratched my head in frustration with everything that's happening. "That's awesome," I grinned and gave him a two thumbs up before slamming the door behind me. I leaned back on the door and exhaled, thinking about just going on with the dinner or sneaking through the window.

I walked over to my closet and picked out a navy blue colored dress with flowers at the hem of it. I went straight to the shower to get myself cleaned from the flour and I dried my hair and put on minimal make-up before slipping into the dress and flats. I composed myself and when I thought I looked decent enough, I went down the stairs to greet some of the visitors. I know most of them due to Dad taking us to the office when we were younger. As I looked around, I didn't see a sign of Kean or his family, making me breathe easier. I really didn't want to spend the rest of the night with our parents expecting us to mingle with each other and bond. But of course, I know that that was what's going to happen. They had no idea what happened with us anyway.

Mom went out from the kitchen and she beamed when she saw me. "March, honey. At least you're decent. Did you know that your brother still doesn't know how to do his tie? I had to do it for him," she laughed.

"Last time, Daisy had to do it for him," I chuckled, remembering the wedding. "You could've given me a heads up, y'kow. I was covered in flour when I got home."

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I forgot to inform you and your brother," she patted my back. "Can you finish setting the table?" She said and before I could even answer, she headed over to the visitors and mingled with them. I went to the dining area and saw that there were 12 placemats set on the square dining table. I finished up by adding the glasses, silverware and table napkins. And I was about to go through the door to the living room when it opened up the other way, almost hitting me.

The other side revealed Kean, wearing some yellow and red plaid with a black tie and black slacks. He had a big bowl in his hands covered with aluminium foil. I looked up at him and saw that he was just as surprised as I was.

"Mom cooked-" he started, but I was quick to cut him off.

"Put it on the table," I said quickly, brushing past him and going to the living room. I was hoping to avoid him until we graduate, to be honest. And I guess that makes me a bad person considering he just saved me from getting drugged by his "friend" or whatever.

John stood beside me as I stayed just outside the dining area. "So have you seen-"

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p' sound before he could finish.

"Do you have plans on talking-"

"Nope," I repeated the popping sound, making him sigh.

"Try not to kill anyone," he said, patting my shoulders before turning to go inside the dining room.

***

I have no idea how my parents managed to convince me and John to wash the dishes from dinner while they talk with their friends or officemates but they did and now we're standing in the kitchen, trying to clean up after all of them.

"Don't look at me," John mumbled, gathering all of the plates in one stack.

"Why?" I asked, turning the faucet on and starting to rinse the plates.

"Well, I think laser beams started coming out of your eyes while we were in the middle of dinner," John shrugged, moving to my other side and started scrubbing the plates. I simply rolled my eyes, not wanting to talk about how I acted in the dinner. I really tried putting on my best smile and my best attitude. But Kean sat beside me due to our parents thinking we were 'best friends' since we were kids. "Hey, March."

"What?" I said, my voice sounding already irritated by this whole night.

"Halvo told me that Kean saved you from Luke," he said softly, glancing at me.

I sighed and stopped working for a moment. "I owe him a 'thank you', don't I?"

"Do you?" He raised his eyebrows, turning to me slightly. "I mean, I don't think Luke would go after you if Kean wasn't friends with those nut jobs," he shrugged again, his lips scrunched to one side. "Like that wouldn't have happened if you never had the issue with Kean."

"All I know is I want to throw him off of a building because of what he did with Kat. Like seriously throw him off of a five storey building and maybe throw in Kat there with him," I spat the words out, stacking the rinsed plates on the sink. "I don't know. I just really really really, a million times want to-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I heard someone clear their throat behind us. John and I simultaneously turned back, seeing Kean standing awkwardly behind the counter, looking at the two of us.

"How long have you been standing there?" John asked curiously, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Three obviously angry sentences ago," he nodded slightly, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Good," I said, elongating the vowels, squinting my eyes at him and turning back to my work.

"Look, my mom just forced me in here to help, okay?" He said but unlike John, I didn't bother turning back to face him. I just continued washing the dishes, rinsing the ones John had scrubbed for the last time.

John hadn't stopped staring at him when he looked over to the table. "Just collect all the table napkins, placemats, and the table cloth and pile 'em up. Then put them on the table."

I scowled at John and he just put his hands up in defense. "I can't kick him out. Our parents might wonder what's up," he murmured, picking up the utensils and started washing them. I turned slightly to look at Kean from the corner of my eyes and saw that he just did what he was told, picking the placemats and the table napkins.

"I just don't like him around," I muttered, rinsing the utensils John was done with.

"I can hear you," Kean said, raising his eyebrows at us.

John and I turned to him. "Good," we said at the same time, making Kean roll his eyes.

The three of us worked in silence with John occasionally humming a Rolling Stones song and me humming along with him. John made Kean put the dried plates in the cabinet when he was done piling up the cloths and soon, we were done with cleaning up the dining area.

When the work was done in the sink, I told John to go and I'll take care of cleaning the sink. He nodded and thanked me quietly, walking away. I grabbed a cloth and wiped the sink and the marble surrounding it.

"Hey, John. Thanks," I heard Kean say before John had the chance to leave the kitchen to go to the living room. I didn't turn to look at them, quietly listening while cleaning up.

He paused for a few seconds before replying to him. "I still want to punch you," he said, his raspy voice monotonous. I bit back a smile and kept working. I wringed the cloth and put it aside, finishing up. I turned to my left but I was met with Kean, standing just a few spaces from me.

"Jesus," I said, stepping back, slightly surprised by him. "What do you want?" I walked from the kitchen to the door to the living room but he stopped me by putting his hands on my shoulder. I turned around and shoved hi his hand away from me. "Don't touch me."

He pulled his hand back and put them in his pockets. "Give me a minute."

I stared at him and rolled my eyes. I waited him to start but he didn't, making me irritated. "60, 59, 58..."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for cheating on you. I'm sorry for ruining our friendship. I'm sorry for leading you on. I'm sorry for pulling you into this mess. I never meant to hurt you."

"You never meant to hurt me?" My eyebrows shot up and I stared at him. "After hooking up with Kat, you're saying you never meant to hurt me?"

"I know. I know I'll never be able to fix that again," he shook his head. "I just really hope you know that I'm sorry. I wish you would forgive me one day. It's all I ask. For you not to leave my life. And at Eric's party-"

"Thank you," I muttered, crossing my arms and looking at him blankly. "For helping me that night."

"He wouldn't have came on to you if it weren't for me," he shook his head. He turned to leave the door when he hesitated and looked back. "And March, I'm still your friend. I'm not going to tell anyone that you're John's sister," he said, before walking right to the living room.

I sighed and followed him, sitting beside John who was sitting beside Mom. I gave him a slight smile as a sign that everything was okay and he nodded.

I could see Kean glancing at me while some of the visitors chat him up and I wish he would stop because I had no idea what to do about him anymore. I just needed something to take my mind off of things.

***

I asked for it. I asked for something to take my mind off of things. And it was given to me in an instant.

In the middle of the usual conversation with the person that you haven't seen for a while saying "look how big you are now" or "do you remember when you were (insert very young age) when we (insert thing you did with whoever you're talking to at that age)", my phone began ringing frantically so I had to excuse myself from the visitors.

It was Pat and what he had to say was the last thing I wanted to hear at that moment.

"March! Thank God you picked up," he rejoiced on the other line and I could hear someone talking to him in the background. "We need you back at the school now."

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was 9:30 in the evening already. "It's late, Pat. Why do I have to go to school at this hour?"

"You know Cara? Cara was in charge of s-storing the cupcakes. She accidentally pushed the baking racks over, tipping 360 of the cupcakes we just baked," he said, obviously sounding pissed and mad.

My mouth dropped in disbelief and I covered my face with my hands, completely disappointed by the news. "360 cupcakes? Who do you have there with you?"

"Seven p-people agreed to come when Cara called them. I'm really sorry, March. Can you come?" Pat asked, his voice sounding a little hopeful.

I looked back at the living room and I hesitated, feeling that my parents wouldn't allow me to go in the middle of having visitors over. "Give me fifteen minutes to get there, alright?"

"Y-you're a life saver. Thank you,"
he said, ending the call.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and tugged at my mother's sleeve. She's surprisingly very cooperative and she let me go almost immediately. My father on the other hand, he was hesitant at first to let me go because it could be rude for the visitors but he did permit me to go, knowing that it counted as school work.

John told me to take care and to text him if anything happens and I nodded, rushing to my car and driving as fast as I could to the school. Thankfully, I made it a couple of minutes after I knew I was late but nobody was complaining, really. I think they were just really happy that someone came along to help them.

I rushed to Pat who was mixing one batter of chocolate cupcakes and he broke into a grin the moment he laid eyes on me. His eyes then went to what I'm wearing then back at my face. "Were you on a d-date? I'm so sorry that I had to pull you out of it."

"Visitors at home," I shook my head. "What do we still need to do?"

"I think they've only done a couple of dozens," he said, glancing back at the group who were rushing to get these done. It was safe to say that they didn't want to hang around a lot longer anymore. "Why the hell did I sign up for this class?"

"Trust me, I'm thinking the same thing," I rolled my eyes. I grabbed one of the aprons lying around on the counter and walked to one of the unoccupied tables to get started on another batch. I put it around my neck, forgetting to tie it around my waist because I just really wanted everything done. I grabbed all the ingredients from one of the counters and I forced myself to smile at Cara who was thanking me for coming at such short notice.

I started on my first batch of chocolate cupcakes and I was in the middle of measuring flour when I felt someone tickling me on my waist. The measuring cup fell on the metal bowl and I turned around just to find out it was Garrett.

"Ticklish?" He raised his eyebrows with a smile gracing his features. His hands were on the rope of my apron and he tied them into a ribbon, then smiled slightly at me.

"Get sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract please. And go get started on the frosting," I rolled my eyes at him. He immediately disappeared, searching for the ingredients. I cracked a smile when I turned back at the batter, knowing that he won't see my face anymore.

There were plenty of things to be done. Baking 360 cupcakes wasn't an easy task. We were able to finish a thousand earlier and it took us more than 4 hours and we had 25 people working on all of them. It was currently 10 in the evening and there are only 11 of us who are left to work on the wasted cupcakes.

Everyone worked quietly and there were no other sounds except for timers ticking, the wire whisk against the metal bowl and the murmur of the students whenever they asked something about the recipe. If people were to watch what we were doing, they might think that we were slaves baking tons and tons of cupcakes for our master.

"If you don't mind me asking," Garrett spoke up while he was cracking eggs, looking at what I was wearing. "What's up with the dress?"

I looked down and saw my dress under my apron. "Dinner. Mom tells me I should dress up a little bit when we have visitors over," I shrugged. I noticed that he was wearing different clothes from earlier, probably because of the food fight earlier and probably because he didn't really see himself going back here for the second time this evening.

"Are you sure it isn't date night?" He smirked, pressing the button for the mixer to start. He leaned on the counter and stared right at me, a curious look on his face.

"Me? Date night? Garrett, I've been hanging out with you ever since my first day here at school," I chuckled at him. "When have you seen me hanging out with the opposite sex aside from you, Pat, John, Kennedy, and Jared?"

"I think John likes you," he blurted out, causing me to freeze on the spot and stop scooping the batter. This is what I had to deal with because I'm hiding the fact that John's my brother. And I wouldn't blame him or anyone that thinks the same because I ride a lot with him and almost leave and arrive the same time with him.

I continued with the cupcake pan and didn't even glance at him. "Doesn't John like Daisy?"

"John likes a lot of girls."

"No need to state the obvious for me."

"Really a lot of beautiful and hot girls."

"And I'm one of them?" I shot him a look, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Definitely a possibility the way I see it."

I wanted to blush. But what kept rolling in my mind was no. Incest. Definitely not a possibility. That would be gross. And I wanted to say it out loud but I had to hold it in. "Not even close, Gare," I rolled my eyes and took the pan, putting it inside of the pre-heated ovens. I started another batch when I got back to the counter.

"If he does ask you out, would you agree?" He asked.

"Get back to the frosting, Garrett."

"Is that a yes?"

"It's a no," I said monotonously, not bothering to look up at him anymore. And just when I thought he wasn't going to pry on my love life anymore, he spoke up a few minutes later.

"Would you date me?"

"Really?" I mumbled, looking at him blankly. I was going to explode.

"Is that a no?"

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE FROSTING," I pointed at the mixer with the rubber spatula and continued mixing.

"Am I really that bad looking?" He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me with a small pout on his lips.

"It's going to take us much longer if you don't tend to the frosting."

"Rejected for the second time," he sighed, pressing one of the buttons from the mixer, a look of disappointment on his face.

"Garrett!" I yelled, a grin breaking out from my lips. He chuckled slightly and walked away and I'm assuming it was to get a piping bag. I finished another batter and scooped them one by one in their linings and occasionally took out the cupcakes from the oven. We worked in silence after that, only speaking up if we asked each other what we needed, if the other thought what they were doing was right, and just small talk here and there.

I knew that I've already done 3 batches when I looked over at the wall clock and saw that it was already one in the morning. From 11 people who were there the moment I arrived, we were only down to 6, including me, Garrett, Pat, Cara, and two other students who I learned were named Sam and Jessica. My eyes were already feeling droopy and even the tile floors seemed like a good place to sleep on at that moment.

Pat and Garrett gave me a tap or two whenever I seemed like I was going to fall asleep with my head in the bowl and I just groaned and kept on working. By the time it was already 2:30, I didn't feel like having any emotions at all. I just worked robotically, smiling here and there for a while when I felt like it.

Cara turned the temperature down in the baking room for the cupcakes and we were 72 baked goods away from going home. Jessica went home because her dad wasn't allowing her to stay overnight at the school and Pat was also urged by his mother to go home. Me and Cara had 3 remaining batches to make while Garrett and Sam had a lot more to frost.

"You still good?" Garrett lifted his head up to look at me and looked back down at the batch of cupcakes he was frosting. He didn't look pretty good himself at that moment with his eyes and face looking ever so tired.

"I'm okay," I said, ripping another bag of flour open and taking another measuring cup. "Still don't have to go home yet?"

"Nah. Mom's fine with me getting home late," he shrugged. "How about yours?"

Just like on cue, my phone in my dress' pocket started ringing so I wiped my hands clean on my apron and fished my phone out of my pocket. John.

"Any reason why you still aren't home?"
He asked.

"Try baking 360 cupcakes," I groaned, sitting down on one of the desk chairs near the windows.

"Seriously? All by yourself?"

"No. 11 people were around earlier. Just tell Mom not to worry, alright?" I sighed and put my hands on my head, feeling a headache coming up. John told me to take care and I shoved my phone back in my pocket and worked again. I started feeling the temperature dropping but I didn't mind it anyway, wanting to finish up.

I had no idea how Cara managed to convince me, Garrett, and Sam that we stay and finish up because it was already 3:30 in the morning and she had to go home, but she did it anyway and after muttered curses from Sam to Cara, she followed her.

There was only one batch left to bake and I just felt so pumped to do it already. Garrett noticed that I suddenly had more energy to move so he grinned at me and chuckled slightly. "Someone's eager to just finish all of this."

"Damn right I am," I rolled my eyes. "The one who tipped the baking rack over left the remaining work to the two of us," I said, spitting the words out because I was pissed as fuck. I could be sleeping right now in my bed, enjoying my nightly dose of 8 hours of sleep.

"I looked at you when Cara stepped up and talked to you," he finished what was inside the piping bag and set it down on the counter. "You couldn't say that you didn't want to stay here even if you wanted to go, huh?"

"I don't want to be a bad person," I shrugged nonchalantly and cracked the eggs one by one. "Why haven't you gone home yet?"

"Because I don't want to fail Baking because we didn't meet the quota of cupcakes for the baking sale," he said and for the first time this evening, I heard him I kind of pissed at all of this late night activity. "And plus," he glanced over at me and kept a straight face, "you'd get way too miserable if I left you here all alone."

"Such a gentleman," I pretended to swoon, making him laugh. When silence fell upon us, I looked over at him and spoke quietly. "We're going to graduate next year."

"Hm," he nodded slightly and paused whatever he was doing. "Yeah.. We are. Do you have plans on going to ASU?"

"Maybe. Maybe go somewhere else to study?" I said in a soft voice, unsure of myself. They'll probably send me to ASU, no doubt. "Maybe I could get a scholarship from another college. NYU?"

"That's huge," he looked at me with wide eyes. "You're leaving Arizona."

"What makes you so sure I'll even make it?" I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "There are thousands vying for a slot. I'm not getting my hopes up. How about you? Plans?"

He sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know. I'm still worried about what's going to happen. This band could either be a ticket for us to success or a ticket to becoming broke for the rest of my life," he continued frosting the cupcakes, looking up at me occasionally. "I might go to ASU. Who knows? I could balance being a bass player and a Finance major."

"You suck at Math, Garrett," I joked, breaking in a fit of giggles.

He scoffed at me and chuckled. "I still have another year after this. I could get better," he said. "I don't know," his voice turned into a more serious tone that made me stop mixing. "I'm just really scared, March." He put the piping bag down and put his hands on the counter, leaning on it. "Nothing about being in a band is stable but it's what I see myself doing 5 years from now. Touring and making music... But I'm not even sure anyone will like how we sound like."

I reached over and tangled my fingers in his, making him smile slightly, but not enough that it's obvious. "I like your music."

"Thanks, but I think you're obligated to say that since you're our best friend," he smiled.

"I mean it," I squeezed his hand and tried catching his gaze. "I've seen a lot of bad bands. Like really bad bands that aren't even close to good when playing live. And I've watched you. I like your band, no bullshit included. 5 years from now, you'll have tons of girls wanting you and screaming your name while you're up on stage touring the whole country. Maybe even Asia, who knows?"

"You really think we're going to get big enough for us to tour in Asia?" He looked up and chuckled. "Thanks. Like, really a lot."

I let go of his hand and stared at him, the corner of my lips tugging upward. I put the last batch in the oven and pulled one of the trays out, bringing it over to Garrett to get frosted. Sam and Cara left about 3 more batches for him to frost and I'm just surprised that he hasn't give up after doing a lot of the cupcakes.

I pulled one of the high chairs over to the counter and watched him work in silence while waiting for the last batch to cook. When the last batch cooked, I put it on the counter and waited for it to cool. We managed to bake 15 batches in one night.

"Let me take care of all of this," he looked at me with a sleepy smile. "You're probably tired."

"No. Let me help you," I reached for a piping bag and the bowl of frosting.

"You need to rest, September. You should go home."

"Don't," I shook my head and started filling the bag.

"June-" He said, trying to get the piping bag off of my hands, but I cut him off and pulled my hands away.

"Garrett, one more month nickname and I'm going to throw all the cupcakes you've frosted out of the window," I threatened, making him laugh. "I'm not leaving you."

He stared at me for a moment then peeled his leather jacket off, handing it to me. "Your hands are cold."

"The entirety of me isn't," I shook my head even though the temperature wasn't too bearable for me anymore. I didn't want to seem like a whiney person. I just really wish I would've changed into jeans and a jumper before going here. He threw the jacket on one of the chairs and kept working. "How are you frosting them? Y'know, just so they'd look similar."

I helped him until the bag I had was already out of frosting and let him do the remaining batch. I moved the high chair to his side and I leaned on my hand, watching the cupcakes get frosted one by one. I looked up at Garrett who was very concentrated on what he was doing and noticed that he had a smear of chocolate on his face.

Just as he finished one, I pointed the frosting out. "Garrett, you have a little-" I touched the bottom of my right eye, telling him where it was. "Your other right," I laughed. "Seventeen and still don't know where left or right is."

"You were pointing at the wrong eye!" He scoffed, furrowing his eyebrow at me with a smile. "You have a little some on your cheek too." Just as I touched my left cheek, he used the rubber spatula to put a huge chunk of frosting on my right side. My mouth fell agape and he clutched to his stomach, laughing at me.

"I hate you," I mumbled, walking over to the drawer and took the pack of paper towels.

"No you don't," he followed me and pulled himself a couple of sheets, pressing it to his face. I wiped the frosting from my face and rolled my eyes at him. "There's a little bit of frosting left-" He wiped it with the paper napkin in hand and his fingers grazed over my cheek.

He stared down at me and I couldn't keep my eyes off of the vibrant color of those blue pools. His were one of the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about us standing this close next to each other. My mind goes back to that morning at Daisy's house. Maybe Jared would come in the door and prevent this from happening again. I wished that he would.

No, I actually wished that nobody would.

He ran his hand on the small of my back, stopping when it reached my waist. I stepped forward to him mindlessly and he leaned in, the both us of closing the distance in between. It's everything I thought about kissing him was. It was gentle and unrushed he made me melt into it, my arms going up on his shoulders and my hands running through his hair.

I felt my heart beating out of my chest and I shuddered, not sure if it was because of the cold temperature or him tracing my spine with his fingers. It was something I never ever felt before. And it was completely odd because I always thought that the "magic" writers describe books in a kiss was the most ridiculous thing ever. Turns out, it wasn't.

He pulled away slowly, his eyes opening slightly. "You're cold," he murmured. I could feel his breath on my skin and all I wanted there and then was him.

"I don't care," I breathed out, my hands pulling his neck so I could press my lips with his again. He deepened the kiss and I ended up being pushed slightly against the drawer while I couldn't stop pulling him closer to me like there was still a huge gap between us.

When his phone started ringing, I took it as a signal to pull away with a smile plastered on my face. "You should get that," I said in a hushed tone.

He put his forehead against mine while his eyes were still closed. "No, I think whoever that is can wait maybe... An hour or two."

He connected our lips again, his hands tightening his hold on my waist.

"And we-" I pulled away from him but his lips just went to my neck. "We.. We have to finish the cupcakes," I whispered. But in all honesty, I didn't want him to stop. He did anyway and he leaned his head on my shoulder, hiding his face. When he backed up a little, I stared at him with a small smile and he returned it, sneaking one last kiss before taking his phone out of his pocket. He walked back to the counter and put the phone to his ear.

"Trey. Worst timing, bro," he chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Baking, why?" He ran his fingers through his hair and what made me happy was he couldn't get the smile off of his face. "Yes, baking at 4 in the morning, you have a problem with that?" I laughed and sat on a chair of the counter beside the one we were working on. "Sure, I'll tell Mom. See you," he put the phone on the counter and looked over to me. "Where were we?" He said, shooting me a crooked smile.

"Frosting the cupcakes," I giggled, nudging over to the unfrosted goods.

***

I walked out of that school happy despite the stressful night. Garrett and I woke up around seven in the morning with our faces planted on the marble counter. The last thing I remember was just watching him frost the cupcakes and I must've dozed off because waking up, I noticed that his leather jacket was on my shoulder and he was also asleep with his head on the counter and my hands in his.

Our teacher barged in the baking room and I think that to say that she was surprised was an understatement. She was going off about how nobody informed her of what happened last night and honestly, we thought Cara had told her that she messed up the baking sale. She thanked us anyway for saving the student council's asses because they were the ones that were going to sell the cupcakes.

We walked out of the school looking like complete zombies for only having two hours of sleep. But it was worth it I guess, because Cara and the student council thanking us on the way out was one of the best feelings ever (and the fact that our baking teacher gave us an automatic A plus on her subject).

And most importantly, I got to kiss Garrett.

Wait.

Garrett and I kissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another long one. By the way, I'm more than halfway done with the story but expect updates to get a little late because WOW first week of college and already so busy. (lol is my schoolmate reading this??? hi bro)

So there's that..................

THANK YOU,
musicdoe
Crazy and Impulsive
useyourtelescope
death-to-teddy (HI!! Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot.)

Sooooo what do you think?