Just One for Me

Chapter One

My palms are sweaty, and my heart is pounding against my ribcage so hard that I'm trembling. I might pass out before she even gets the ring. I look up from my plate at her. She looks stunning in her black dress. Her hair is pulled up and really sexy. She notices me staring and smiles. I force a smile back even though I feel like I might barf. Is it hot in here? I’m burning up.

“It was really nice of you to bring me here, Jayden.” She smiles, and her words are sweet like honey.

“N-n-no problem.” Damn, I stuttered.

There was a moment of silence. I’m looking at her and wondering if this is really going to work out the way I want it to. She’s so amazing, and this could either make my life a thousand times better or make me want to go hang myself in my closet tonight. I almost laughed at the thought of me, Jayden Wise, becoming so heartbroken over a girl that I commit suicide. It was so beyond pathetic and true. I love the girl sitting across from me so much, and I can’t even begin to think of my life without her.

I started thinking about when we had first met to distract myself from the task at hand. When did we first meet, officially? I had seen her walking around school, but when had it been that I learned her name, her sweet name that just rolled off my tongue so smoothly? Was it—no. Goddammit, when did I learn her name?
♠ ♠ ♠
A word from our sponsor... Sorry for the short first chapter. But you'll soon realize why it was done this way. As always, feedback is appreciated and encouraged. Just keep in mind that this is a rough draft. Thank you.