Status: Updates every Sunday.

Warning Signs

Chapter Two

Kellin’s POV:

“You’re late again, Mr. Quinn.” I roll my eyes at my first period teacher and walk past her. “Do you have a pass at least?” She questions me. Can she just shut up? I’m like two minutes late.

“It’s not my fault the traffic is horrible. Maybe you can ask the assholes who drove in front of me for the pass.” And there it is! My sassy side. A few kids in the class snickered at my remarks, but everyone was kind of used to it even though I’ve only been in this school for my senior year. My teacher should know that just because I’m late doesn’t mean I won’t get anything done in class. I slide into my seat and take out my notebooks, ignoring the gaze coming from the teacher.

I guess I wasn’t really in the best of moods today. Beau’s actions get to me sometimes, and although I can’t really be all that mad at him, he still did cheat on me. I’m kind of used to it by now. I can’t really blame him, he’s not a bad guy, and he just makes really stupid choices.

The first half of the day went through pretty quickly; I managed to keep my mind off of Beau and on school work for most of the day. The lunch bell just rung and I’m on my way out of my Chemistry class, on my way to the cafeteria when I run into Justin and Jesse.

“Hey.” I smile at them and walk with them to the lunch room, taking our spots at our normal table. I guess this is where my group comes in, which I really hate that label by the way. I thought that was all movie bullshit, but when I turned up here it was just like that. Obviously not as cliché, but there was still groups which were normally determined by popularity or just whoever accepts you I guess. Justin, Jesse and I were at a table with the rest of our friends, consisting of Jack, Hayley, Alex and his girlfriend Taylor. Not to get confused with Beau’s drug dealer Jack, they’re two completely different people. The Jack that we’re friends with is tall, lanky and has skunk hair. They were all really nice people and we became quick friends when I came here, especially Taylor. She really seemed to get me, and we got along really well. Taylor, Hayley and I hang out a lot outside of school, which is another perk of being gay. Being able to have girl-friends and it not being awkward at all, they share a lot more with me than the other guys.

“So, Kellin, how’s Beau doing?” Taylor asks me as she stabs some of her salad with her fork, wiggling her eyebrows in my direction.

I roll my eyes and groan, leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms. “What do you think?”

“Is he really doing it again?” Hayley chimes in from next to Taylor. “What’s he on now?”

“Besides his normal weed, cancer sticks and abnormal amounts of liquor?” I let out a sarcastic chuckle and continue. “I think he might be doing heroin again. I’m not sure, it’s not something I personally want to get involved in.”

“He’s going to get himself killed one of these days.” Taylor says, as if I didn’t already know.

“That’s if he doesn’t overdose first.” Jack adds in, barely looking up from his phone, but obviously paying attention.

I groan and slam my head down onto the table. “Can we talk about somebody else’s screw-up boyfriend?” I mumble.

“Well, there’s Alex….” Taylor giggles and winks at Alex.

“Hey!” Alex shoots Taylor puppy-dog eyes, and she leans over to kiss him. “I only screw one thing up.” He whispers to Taylor, loud enough for us all to hear.

“That doesn’t even make sense, you guys are so weird.” Jesse rolls his eyes at Taylor and Alex.

That’s the good thing about this school and the people I’m friends with. They’re not too pushy about things but they still generally care about your wellbeing and problems. Thankfully the bell saves me; I really don’t feel like talking about Beau any longer or watching the happy couple across from me. It’s only normal to be jealous of them; sometimes I wish that I could have a normal relationship like they have.

How long can I continue on being somebody’s play-thing?

---

The rest of the day went by achingly slow, I swear that the world was trying to fucking torture me. I just want to get home, finish my homework and go to sleep. Beau can sleep on the porch if he’s going to get all fucked up again.

Eventually though, the annoying sound of the bell sounds throughout the classroom.

“Don’t forget to do your homework!” My history teacher calls out to the sea of annoyed seniors who probably were all about to go home and get laid or smoke weed. There’s one loud groan from all of us before we all slip into the hallway, joining the steady flowing stream of people.

I almost don’t want to go home, knowing that I’ll have to deal with-

“Hey, watch where you’re going loser.” A deep voice interrupts my thoughts. My head shoots around to look to the side of me, and I see a short ginger kid scrambling to pick up his books off the ground. Standing above him is a group of Mexicans, the one in the front with long brown hair cascading over his shoulders looks pretty pissed off. All I can remember is my old school, and when that kind of shit happened to me. Nobody came to my rescue, and it looked like nobody was coming to the ginger kid’s side to help him either. I let out an audible sigh and walk over to the small kid, reaching my hand out to help him off the ground.

“You probably should get going.” I advise the scared looking freshman, pointing down the hallway. The ginger nods quickly at me before rushing down the hallway.

“And what exactly was that?” The long haired Mexican raises an eyebrow at me.

“Just being a good citizen.” I smile sarcastically at the tanned boy.

“I wouldn’t fuck mess with me if I were you.” His voice is laced with venom.

“Oh, sorry about that. Next time I’ll leave the freshman to get trampled on the ground.” I roll my eyes at him, in no mood for his shit.

“You’re a little faggot.” He hisses at me, his eyes turning black.

“Fuck off.” I hiss back at him, before turning and stomping away.

“You’ll regret saying that.” He calls after me, and I can’t help but roll my eyes.

I used to take that kind of shit in my old school, but I won’t take it here. Not if I can help it at least. If he wants to go around bullying everyone, fucking fine by me, but he won’t mess with me. I don’t take that, not anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well theres a little bit o' sassy Kellin. c:

Comments would mean the world to me, I'll probably start updating this on a regular basis. I know it's been like a month but I'm having irl problems okAY.

ily all. thanks for the subs/recs on the first chapter.

Tell me whatcha thinkin?

xoxo
Ribbon