You're My Injustice

Chapter 16

It’s been a few days since I met Joe’s parents at that the Japanese Steakhouse, and Joe was right the whole time. I was nervous for nothing because his family instantly welcomed me…well his father did a little interrogation but he eased up quickly when he saw that I was a career oriented, independent girl who have her life planned out. Joe’s brother Matt instantly liked me because I liked his humor. All in all, I was happy that I was able to make a great first impression.

Anyway, today was May 25th, meaning it was Joe’s 29th birthday and I was in the kitchen with Joelle, who was helping me bake a cake and make gimbap (Korean style sushi) with kimchi to serve with it, to take over to Joe’s parents’ house since we were celebrating his birthday over there with a traditional Samoan barbeque. While I was in the kitchen with Joelle, Joe was downstairs in his little private gym doing his daily workout. He has been down there for a couple of hours now, but that was fine. I didn’t want him to know what I was cooking, because I knew he would either tell me that I didn’t have to make anything or he would try to eat what I made.

“Daddy is definitely going to love this sushi, Jamari. It taste better than the ones we get at the restaurant.” Joelle said as she help me roll up the last gimbap roll so I could cut it.

“You think so?” I asked her as I put the last pieces of gimbap on the tray with the rest of them before putting the tray in the refrigerator.

“I know so. Daddy loves sushi and he’s going to like it because you made it.” She said and I smiled and went to grab the cake that was sitting on the counter to cool down and the icing I bought to decorate it with.

“Oh yeah? Your dad is a cornball. I don’t know how you deal with him.” I joked and she giggled with me as we began to put icing on the cake.

“Yeah daddy can be a weirdo. He says silly things all the time. He doesn’t know how to sing the teapot song right” Joelle continued as we kept playfully picking on Joe although he couldn’t hear us.

The past few days that I have been here in Pensacola and Joelle have been staying over at Joe’s house, we have bonded and have gotten pretty close. She’s a smart and understanding little girl, and is just adorable. She understands that Joe and I are seeing each other but knows I’m not going to take over as a mother figure. I would never take Galina’s (Joelle’s mother) role as Joelle’s mother, because that’s a bitch move to do and I have seen so many women do that and the results always ended badly. Speaking of Galina, I had girls day two days ago with her and Joelle, which I had a great time with the both of them.

Minutes later, Joelle and I finished decorating the special cake I made for Joe’s birthday. I smiled at my masterpiece and was glad I had gotten my mother’s baking and decorating skills, of course with Joelle’s help. I looked at Joelle and gave her a high-five.

“We did great girly,” I told her as I threw away the icing decorating bags in the trash and finished washing the last bit of dishes I used, before hiding the cake away.

“Yeah we did. Daddy is going to love it.” Joelle squealed, implying the gimbap and the cake we made.

“What am I going to love?” Joe asked as he walked into the kitchen after coming up from his workout. He picked up Joelle and held her up on his waist be coming towards me.

“Nice to finally see you, birthday boy.” I greeted him with a hint of playful sarcasm.

Joe rolled his eyes, but leaned down to kiss me. “Hello my lady. Now what am I going to love?” He asked again.

“We can’t tell you Daddy, you’re not allowed to know.” Joelle told Joe, making him laugh
“What are my girls hiding from me on my special day?” Joe asked as he eyes us both suspiciously.

“We’re not hiding anything from you…we just have a surprise for you. A surprise that you’ll love for sure.” I said and leaned up to kiss him. “Now go take a shower you sweaty Samoan, so we can head out over to your parent’s house.” I told him as he put Joelle down.

“That’s Samoan Superman to you Toots.” He smirked and playfully slapped my ass, before heading to his room to get ready.

I looked at Joelle and we both rolled our eyes but laughed nonetheless. I finished cleaning the kitchen and decided it was time for me to get ready for this party/barbeque. I asked Joelle if she needed me to do something for her before I went to go change, but she said no and that she was going to go to her room to play with some of her dolls. I nodded and headed upstairs to Joe’s bedroom. I walked in and saw that the items of clothes I that I had picked out to wear as my outfit were still lying on the bed. I had already taken my shower earlier this morning, so all I had to do was change, fix my hair, and do my makeup.

Once I changed into my outfit, I grabbed my curling iron and makeup bag and headed to the guest bathroom since Joe was still in his bathroom that was connect to the room. I plugged in the curling iron into the outlet and waited until it heated up to the right temperature, which didn’t take too long because now I was curling my hair. After curling my hair into loose wavy curls, I did my usual makeup routine which was the neutral look. I finished minutes later and now checking myself out by looking at the mirror in front of me.

“You look very pretty, Jamari.” Joelle complimented me as she stood by the door way, looking at my reflection from the mirror.

I smiled and turned around to face her, “Thank you, Sweetie.” I said and smiled back at her compliment and the cute sun dress that she was wearing.

Joelle looked at herself in the mirror, playing with her hair. I think she was trying to figure out what she wanted to do with her hair. I’m assuming Galina usually does her hair instead of Joe. Then again, Joe does his hair, so I think he’s capable of putting doing Joelle’s hair.

“Jamari, do you think you can do my hair for me? Please?” She asked as she played with the ends of her hair.

“Sure Sweetums.” I said and grabbed my hair brush, before moving her in front of me. “How do you want me to do your hair?”

“Uh…surprise me.” She said with a smile and I nodded.

“You got it, girly.” I smiled and began brushing her hair out smoothly, trying to figure out what to do with her hair. I looked at her sun dress and decided to do French braid pig tails, which would look really cute on Joelle.

It didn’t take long for me to do her hair. But once I was done, all I could see was Joelle smiling and turning her head from side to side checking out how she looks at the mirror. Seconds later, Joe walked up to the doorway of the bathroom and smiled at us from our reflection from the mirror.

“Look at my two beautiful ladies.” Joe said and Joelle and I faced him with smiles. He leaned down to give me a quick kiss before picking up JoJo. “You ladies ready to head over to my parent’s?” He asked and I nodded.

“Yeah! I wanna see grandma and grandpa.” Joelle cheered causing Joe and I to chuckle.

“I’m ready, I just have to get my purse and get the dish I made from the fridge.” I told him and he nodded, but gave me a look telling me that I didn’t have to worry about bringing a dish. However I playfully ignored the look because I wanted to surprise Joe and because I was taught to always bring a dish to any form of a family-friend gathering as a form of appreciation.

“All right, we’ll meet you in the truck.” Joe said before he and Joelle walked out of the bathroom.

I went to the kitchen to take out the cake, kimchi, and gimbap that I had made earlier and put it in a cooler that looked like an oversize lunch box. Once that was packed, I grabbed my purse from the table and headed out through the front door to meet Joe and Joelle in the truck. After getting inside his truck and I kissed Joe’s cheek, as to keep him from asking me what was in the cooler, before buckling up and started driving to his parent’s house.

*~*~*~*~*~*


(Joe’s POV)

I have been at my parent’s house for about a few hours now, enjoying myself eating and being around my family and Jamari. Speaking of Jamari, she was sitting at the picnic table talking with my mother, Talisua (The Usos mother), and Trinity (Naomi), while I was out here outside nearby the pool with my father, Solofa (Rikishi/The Usos father), Jonathan (Jimmy Uso), Joshua (Jey Uso), and Dwayne (The Rock). I was watching Jamari laughing at whatever my mother was telling her, making me smile since I could see that they both have become comfortable with each other.

“So when did you and Jamari start seeing each other?” Dwayne asked as he stood next to me handing me a beer.

I took the beer and nodded as a thanks before turning back to watch Jamari again. “We started dating after Extreme Rules.” I told him as I took a sip of my beer after eating a piece of the Korean sushi that Jamari made. Man, I don’t think I will ever go out for sushi again.

Dwayne nodded as he watched his daughter, Simone, play with the younger kids including Joelle. Jamari briefly took her attention away from the conversation she was having with Mom and caught me watching her. She smiled and waved quickly and I did the same, but gave her a wink causing her to blush and turn around so she can go back to being attentive to her conversation. Dwayne and I laugh slightly at her reaction

“She’s a great girl and I think she’s great for you, man. Jamari reminds me a lot of you and it is crazy how much alike you two are.” Dwayne smiled and I looked at Jamari as I could tell she was comfortable being around my family. Seeing her interacting with my family definitely made me happy and I could tell that they accepted her.

“Are you two talking about Jamari?” Jonathan asked as he now had all of the men attention, except my father, towards my conversation with Dwayne. Him and Joshua already knew about me and Jamari dating before anyone else in my family knew because they work with us in WWE and almost everyone in the roster knew about us.

We nodded and they smirked. “So are you two official now?” Joshua asked.

I looked at him and shook my head. “No, not yet. We’re still just dating.” I told him simply.

“Say what? I would have thought you two were a couple now. I mean you two have been dating for over a month now.” Jonathan said.

“I know, but Jamari and I wanted to take it slow.” I said and then sighed, “I do want her to be my girlfriend, but I want to ask her when it’s the right moment.”

“I get you, Cuz. Just don’t wait too long man. Jamari is a great girl and the family loves her.” Joshua said and the others agreed.

I nodded and watched Jamari and Trinity show each other some dance moves with Joshua’s wife too. Soon Jonathan, Joshua, and Solofa left to join the dancing and Dwayne went to chat with the mothers that were here, which left my father and I together. I kept watching Jamari who was now showing her dancing skills to everyone. I sighed softly, but smiled slightly towards Jamari’s direction. However, I soon felt another presence sit down next to me.
“What’s on your mind son?” My father, Sika, asked me as he handed me a bottle of beer.

“To be honest, all I’m thinking about is when and how to ask Jamari to be my girlfriend.” I told him still watching Jamari. I felt like a damn teenager again. I hadn’t felt like this since I first started dating Galina, but my feelings for Jamari were stronger.

My father nodded, “I haven’t seen you act like this since we first met Galina. Jamari is that special to you?” He asked.

“Yeah she is. It’s weird though, because I told myself when I first started wrestling that I wasn’t going to be romantically involved with anyone, especially with someone in the business. Yet, as soon as Jamari made her first appearance as a main roster, that all changed. It was almost like I couldn’t go through a day without talking to her. It crazy because I didn’t act like this when I saw her in NXT, but then again I was moving up to the main roster when she started.” I sighed and took another sip of my beer. “I really do like her and I want her to be my girl, but I just don’t know when is the right time to ask her. I thought that if I brought her here to meet the family, it would help me make my decision.” I said but my father put his hand on my shoulder to show that he understands.

“I understand how you feel Joe, and I’m glad you brought Jamari over to meet us. I know how you are son, you only bring a lady over to us when you are serious about her. Jamari is a lovely lady and your mother and I adore her.” Dad said but stopped for a brief moment before continuing. “You know son, when your mother and I took Jamari out for lunch the other day to get to know her more, she reminds me so much of you, son. You both have the same ambitions and goals, personality, hell you both almost think the same. She really likes you Leati Joeseph and I think whether you ask her to be your girlfriend either now or a year later, I know she’ll say yes.” He said and we saw Jamari walking over to us, smiling.

“You think so, Pops?” I asked and he nodded.

“I know so, son. You picked a wonderful lady and I know you two will get together soon.” He said and patted my shoulder, before looking at Jamari who was not standing in front of us.

“Hey Mr. Anoa’i.” She smiled and then faced me with smirk, “Hey stranger.”

I smirked right back and pulled her into my lap, kissing her cheek to make her giggle.

Dad smiled at both of us and shook his head. “Jamari, sweetheart. No need to be formal anymore, I like you, so you can call me Papa Sika.” He said genuinely and she smiled back and nodded.

“That means a lot to me. Thank you, Papa Sika.” She said like it was natural for her to say and that made me pretty happy. Dad nodded and brought her into a hug before going back to the grill to clean it.

I linked my fingers through the belt loops of Jamari’s shorts and pulled her into my lap, kissing her cheek making her giggle. “See, I told you that my family would love you. I think you owe me a kiss.” I told her and she laughed but leaned in to press her lips to mine.

She pulled back and draped an arm around my neck. “You haven’t spoken a word to me since we ate. But that’s okay, I got to talk to your mom more and she show me some of your baby pictures.” She smirked and I grunted in playful annoyance which made her break into a smile.

“Sorry about that, the men wanted to catch up and I needed to ask my father for some advice.” I said, which it was the truth.

“Oh yeah? What about?” She asked curiously and I shrugged.

“Just about wrestling and the business.” I said, not telling her the real reason, but the conversation I just had with my father was still processing in my head. Maybe I should just ask her already. I don’t think she would say no, but I don’t want it to be early for me to ask her to be my girl. But if I wait later to ask, then I’ll be where I am now and continue to question myself…You know what? Fuck it, I’m just going to do it now.

“Can we go inside for a bit, I want to talk to you.” I asked her and gave her a kiss to show her that it wasn’t those ‘can we talk so I can break up with you’ talk like most assholes use.

“Sure. Actually, I was going to ask you to come inside with me. I have something for you in the kitchen anyways.” She smiled and got up from my lap.

I smirked and got up from the chair I was sitting in. “Oh yeah? What is it, babe?” I asked and she shook her head.

“I can’t tell you, Leati. It’s a surprise duh.” Jamari said like it was the obvious thing in the world and I couldn’t help but laugh and pinch her cheeks like she was a little girl. She swatted my hands away and gave me a stern look, but it turned into a smile. “Come on, let’s go inside so I can show you your surprise.”

I nodded and followed her inside my parent’s house and started heading towards the kitchen, but once we were close to the entry, Jamari told me to close my eyes. I did as told of course not without messing with her which she hit my chest playfully. She guided me through the kitchen so I wouldn’t walk into the cabinets or the stove. She stopped a few seconds later and dropped my hand.

“All right, you can open your eyes now.” She said and I nodded, opening my eyes. I looked down and smiled because what was in front of me was the coolest thing I ever had made for me.

It was a cake that was shaped and decorated like the WWE wrestling ring we fight in. It had everything, the side skirts on the outside of the ring, the steel posts with the turnbuckles, and the ropes. She even put the WWE, RAW, and SmackDown logos on the side skirts. What made this even better was the fact she put a small action figure of me in my pose getting ready to do my signature move, the Superman Punch. And on what would be the mat of the ring, Jamari wrote “Happy Birthday Joe, the Samoan Superman”, which was written with icing. I smiled and face Jamari. I grabbed her hand and pulled her close to me, leaning down to give her a deep and loving kiss.

“That is the best cake I have ever seen in my life. It looks like the real wrestling ring that we fight on. Baby girl, this is amazing, thank you so much.” I told her, still in awe over the cake. I even took a photo of it and put it on twitter, I mean Jamari did a better job than Cake Boss, and he’s the real deal.

Jamari smiled and kept her arms around my waist. “You’re welcome, but I couldn’t do this without my little helper Joelle.” She said and I chuckled.

“Oh yeah? Well I’ll have to go thank her when we go back outside.” I said and Jamari giggled. I smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

Jamari sighed softly in content, but pulled back slightly, “So what did you want to talk to me about?” She asked and tilt her head to the side slightly.

I nodded and kept my hands on her hips. “So we have been dating for over a month and within that time, I can definitely say that I have gotten even more close to you, including this week. I really enjoy having your presence, no matter what we are doing. I started, still trying to figure out how to ask her.

“I feel the same way. Like I can be just riding in a rental with you for hours on end and still enjoy having your presence. You’re a great guy, Joe and spending this whole week with you, Joelle, and the rest of your family has been the best week ever and I’m glad that you convinced me to come to Florida with you instead of me going back home.” She said and I knew she meant every word, just by reading her facial expression.

“You know, I never bring a girl back home with me to meet my family, especially my parents, unless I’m serious about her.” I took a breath and held her hands. I need to ask her now. “I really like you Jamari and my family do too. They have been telling me all day how much they like you and that I need to keep you. I really love what we have, it’s great. But I can’t go another day thinking if I don’t ask you now, I might not ever ask you at all. So with that being said…Jamari, can we take what we have to another level and become my girl?” I asked with hope in my eyes.

Jamari looked surprised at first, but quickly nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her close to me. “Yes Joe, I would love to be your girlfriend.” She said and I lifted her up and spun her around twice before putting her back down. I then cupped her cheeks and brought our lips together for the sweetest kiss we have ever shared with each other.

We pulled away slightly letting me rest my forehead against hers as we looked at each other in the eye. Jamari broke out into a soft smile and I smiled back at her before pecking her lips lightly.

“Let’s go outside to tell my family the good news.” I said and she nodded, holding onto my left hand and lacing her fingers with mine. We started walking but then she stopped briefly.

“But first,” Jamari said and leaned up to peck my lips, “Happy birthday, my Samoan Superman.”

I smiled and kissed her again before walking back outside to spend the rest of the evening with my family and my girlfriend. It was a definitely a good birthday this year and just a great day overall, now that I have Jamari as my girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys it took me longer to post this chapter. But good news for you, I made it longer and it has Joe's POV in it too. I know I told you guys I wouldn't switch point of views in one chapter, but I knew in order for this chapter to work, I had to do it. So you're welcome :D

I just wanted to say thank you to IWillMakeYouScream, emogurl1991, and MzHyde6661 for commenting on the last chapter. You ladies are amazing and I hope to keep seeing your comments.

I have already gotten a head start on the next chapter and it will skip Payback and Money In The Bank PPVs because those had already passed a while ago and we just had Battleground last week (which I was disappointed with.) So just wanna give you a heads up. I promise you guys I will update within this week.

As always, Subscribe, Comment, and Recommend you guys! <3