Story of a Girl

A cry for help

I sleep with nothing more then a sheet on the floor. It's only once in a while if Mike forces me to have sex with him, and then falls asleep right after is when I get to sleep in a real bed. But usually he would wake up in the middle of the night of push me to the floor. Things haven't always been like this. I remember a time when I loved Mike, and he loved me. Where every night I would sleep in his arms. But all of that changed when he lost his job, thats when things went to rock bottom. I sit up and look at Mike sleeping like a bear on tranquilizer. Many time's I've thought of running away, but fear always stopped me. I've always been afraid that he would track me down. I stand up and tip toe though the apartment. The last think I want is to wake Mike up. I make myself a a bowl of oat meal, that's that I usually have in the morning. It keeps me full for a long time. I never know if Mike will prevent me from eating. All goes well, and I start to think that maybe I could take a shower until the metal spoon slides out of the bowl and into the sink. After that I listen for movement in the other room. I start to think I'm off the hook until I hear his voice.

"What the fuck is going on?" Mike gowns.

I hear the bed creek. He's getting up. I hear foot steps come in my direction. When he reaches the kitchen, he stops and looks at me.

"How dare you wake me up you fucking bitch." Mike says violently pushing me to the ground.

"Mike stop." I say trying to sit up.

"Stay down there." Mike says kicking me hard in the rib cage.

"Ok." I say as tears start to form in my eyes.

"Don't you cry. I'll give you something to fucking cry about." Mike says walking away.

For two hours I lay there, afraid of getting kicked again. My side is a violent shade of dark purple. It hurts too, but this isn't the worse thing that he's done to me. He's tried to choke me, drown me, cut me with a knife, he's punched me many times in the face...the list goes on and on.

"Get up." Mike says slamming his coffee mug on the counter.

I quickly stand to my feet. He grabs a hold of my shirt and points one of his fingers in my face.

"If I find you gone, I'm going to beat you into a bloody pulp. You got that." Mike says.

"Yes." I whisper.

"So I can hear you." Mike says slapping my face.

"Yes, I understand." I say in my normal tone of voice.

"Good, I'm glad we're clear." Mike says pushing me aside as he walks out the door.

I'm not going to run, but I have to do something. I can't take the abuse much longer, it's just too much. I know, I'll call Matt. He'll help me. Matt is my older brother by three years. He's twenty five, while I'm twenty two. I take the phone off the charger. This is risky, but I need to do something. I dial Matt's number. If Matt ever called for me, I would be forced to say that everything is fine. Or else Mike would beat me. I dial his cell phone number and wait as it rings.

"Hello?" Matt asks.

"Matt..." I say starting to cry again.

"Nikki, is that you? What's wrong. Did you and Mike break up?" Matt asks.

"No...we're...still together, but there's something I need to say." I say.

"Speak your mind." Matt says.

"You know how every time you call here, I say everything is OK. Well it's not. The truth is...Mike hurts me. He beats me...he...Matt I need your help." I say.

"Oh my god...Ok...I'm coming, I'm coming to get you. Is he there?" Matt asks.

"For now, no, but I don't know when he's coming back." I say.

"Hang tight OK, I'm coming." Matt says.

I hang up the phone and place it on the charger again. I sit in a corner and wait for Matt. Luckily I think he's in town rather then on tour. After fifteen minutes of waiting, the door knob moves. It must be Matt...Mike would have opened the door with his key. I un lock the door and fly into his arms. You have no idea how good it feels to have arms supporting you instead of coming straight at you with a clenched fist.

"Nicole you look horrible." Matt says.

I don't respond. All I can do is hold my brother close and cry into his shoulder. I suddenly hear foot steps coming up the stairs. It's Mike.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Mike asks.

"Taking her away from you." Matt says.

"You can't do that." Mike says.

"Watch me." Matt says
♠ ♠ ♠
This WAS originally "Scared for Life", but I decided to start over because there was a bunch of Shit I screwed up.
x.X
For those who Haven't read this before, do you like?