Story of a Girl

One for the Team

I'm at the point of tears. This could be it for our relationship. Matt's gonna find out about this somehow. Zacky and I are both dead.

"Zack..." I say jumping onto his bed landing on my knees. Nothing.
"Zacky...wake up." I say.
"ZACHARY BAKER, WAKE UP THIS INSTANT." I say continuously poking his leg.

"Ugh...where's the fire?" Zacky says.

"ZACK!" I say.

"Baby what's wrong?" Zacky asks opening his eyes.
"Have you been crying?" He asks.

I nod my head, my eyes continue to to water.

"Come here sweetie. Tell me about it." Zacky says taking my hand.

I lay down next to him. He wraps an arm around me and wipes a tear from my cheek. I close my eyes from a second and take a deep breath.

"Zack...I think I might be pregnant." I say.

"Wait...WHAT. What do you mean you think you might?" Zacky asks.

"Well...my period is a week late, and I took two tests. One said yes and the other said no." I say.

"Oh my god..." Zacky says.
"What do we do?" He asks.

"I guess I should take a third test..." I say.

"I'll go get one now for you. Your in no condition to go out." Zacky says sitting up.

He walks out into the lounge and grabs his keys.

"Hey, I'm going out to the store...anyone need anything?" Zacky asks.

"Tampons would be nice." Val says not even looking up from her magazine.

"Ok...got it. Anyone else?" Zacky asks.

"Wait why are you heading out so early...and in your boxers?" Matt asks.

"I just...need something." Zacky asks.

"By god what is it?" Matt asks.

Shit he's trapped. Matt can usually see though people really well. It doesn't help that Zacky can't get away with a lie to save his life.

"A...test." Zacky says his voice lowering at the end.

"What kind?" Matt asks.

"A...pregnancy test..." Zacky says, his voice lowering at the end.

"What? For who?" Matt asks.

"...Nikki..." Zacky says.

"Oh no..." Matt says, rage in his eyes.

"Matt calm down." Val says.

"No, Valary, I won't calm down. He knocked up my sister." Matt says standing up.

"Matt...I..." Zacky starts.

"I don't wanna hear it. I told ALL OF YOU not to even touch my sister, and there you go having sex with her?" Matt asks.

"Matt..." Val says.

"Val shut up." Matt says.

I've NEVER seen Matt snap at Val, never. Oh god, he's pissed. I can feel my heart beat faster. This might as well be Zack's funeral.

"I promise Matt, it was nothing like that. Not a one night stand, it was WAY more then that." Zacky says taking a step closer to Matt.

"I don't give a fuck what it was. You slept with my sister." Matt says taking a punch at Zacky.

Zack didn't act fast enough. Matt hits him square in the face making him fall to the ground. As far as I can tell, he's bleeding. Matt takes a running start to finish the job.

"Matt STOP!." I cry running out and putting myself between the two.

"Nikki, move. This mother fucker knocked you up." Matt says.

"Matt we're not even sure..." I say.

"Nicole, move." Matt says.

"No, I'm not going to let you hurt my BOYFRIEND!" I say.

"What..." Matt says as more rage enters his eyes.

"Thats right. He's my boyfriend... B-O-Y-F-R-I-E-N-D." I say putting my hands on my hips.

"Did you know about this?" Matt asks turning towards Va;/

"Yes, but..." Val says.

"But NOTHING. Don't keep things regarding my sister away from me." Matt says.

"Mathew Charles Sanders, I'm SICK of the way to treat her. It's HER life." Val says standing up.

"She's my little sister. It's my job to look after her." Matt says.

"Your ADULT sister. For heavens sake...she's twenty-two." Val says.

"Shat the fuck up Valary. You have NO Idea." Matt yells.

Val's face goes emotionless. This is proof Matt is pissed. Like I've said before, he NEVER has snapped at Val. She storms off into the bunk area, giving Matt a shove as she walks by.

"Now look what you've done." I say.

"Stay out of my personal life." Matt says.

"Only if you stay out of mine." I say.

"I'm only doing this to protect you." Matt says.

"Matt, he's one of your BEST FRIENDS. You don't trust him with me?" I say.

"No, he's not good enough for you. Your better then that. Now move so I can teach him a lesson." Matt says.

"Stop it." I say smacking him hard in the face.

I don't like the fact that I slapped him. Especially because I wanted to hurt him. It had to be done though. Otherwise Zack would be a bloody pulp. I turn to Zack and extend my hand down to his reach. I help him stand up and slowly lead him to his bunk. I sit down next to him . Matt hit him hard. Blood slowly drips from his nose and a black eye's already starting to show.

"Are you OK?" I ask touching his cheek.

"I think so..." Zacky says.

"I'm so sorry about that." I say.

"I sort of deserved it." Zacky says.

"No you didn't. Matt's being a dick...usual. Your sure your OK?" I say.

"Yeah..." Zacky says.

"No your not...You have a black eye...your nose is bleeding..." I say

"Nikki..." Zacky says tilting my chin forward.
"I'm Ok...just a little sore." Zacky says.

"Here...let me get you some ice." I say standing up.

I walk into the lounge. Everyone except Matt follows me with their eyes. I grab an Ice pack and some paper towels.

"Here...hold this up to your eye." I say handing him the ice pack.

"Thanks." Zacky says doing as he's told.

I wipe up the excess blood with a paper towel followed by a kiss on the cheek. I sit next to him and wrap my arms around his body holding him as close as possible. So here's how it works. I'm mad at Matt because he's being a dick. Matt's mad at Zack and I cuz we broke the rules. Matt's mad at Val for keeping our secret, and Val's mad at Matt for being a dick and being overprotective. Jimmy's Mad at the toaster...well let's not get into that one. I'm so worried about Zack...his eye is really swollen. Stupid overprotective brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry I didn't update in like...a week. I was on vacation and didn't have a chance to update before I left. But I'm back now so...YAY