Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

Riptide

Flynn’s hands felt soft against my water swollen flesh. I had gone swimming; I wanted to absorb the Silver Ocean into my pores and let the salt swim through my veins. We sat on the beach, the sand appearing white under a luminous blanket of dead stars.

“The stars are dead,” I said, my eyes wandering the bright corpses.

He was staring at me, now. Honey eyes not focused upon the glowing star dust, instead examining my placid skin. I had grown accustomed to his sailor looks. But it seemed he was searching. Always surveying my face for treasure, a man of the sea could never resist a siren.

“Isn’t that amazing? They stopped vibrating with light, but there they are. Radiant,” I continued. The Silver Ocean always looked glorious at night, I think. Dead stars scattered across its surface and created a sleeve of black ink and glitter. Under a universe of lights, the Great Sea would resemble a beautiful villainess. It was only then the Great Sea was tranquil.

I remember shortly after the almost death, Mother lay with me atop our cabin, staring at the night sky.

“If you look closely, the sea and stars create a picture,” she said, pointing out to the sea. “I see your father.”

I had looked out to the Great Sea, no image had appeared. “I don’t see him.”

Mother had laughed, her hands petting an ocean of orange.

“Oh baby,” she said, “you aren’t in love yet.”

But then, looking towards the Silver Ocean, I saw the doppelganger of Flynn Corbett.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh, sorry this is so late!! But now I have a mix for this story.