Texas Was You

Chapter 11

"You guys have better win, especially you, Segs. Since your lady is French and all", teased Ray.

"Very funny, Wizard", retorted Tyler.

"He may be right, mon ami. I was a Habs fan growing up, you are French anywhere you have to root for les Habitants. Only les Anglos cheer for the Maple Leafs", said Antoine as Alex nodded in agreement.

"I grew up as a Leafs fan, almomst got drafted by them. The pressure would've been crazier than in Boston", said Tyler thoughtfully.

"Yeah, Toronto fans and media are nuts but the team sucks ass. So you two better score for your ladies", joked Ray.

"Score for your wife, Wizard", retorted Jamie.

"You can't do much with the kids around, Cap. Maybe this weekend when they stay with Grandma, I don't want to scar them for life", he joked.

"Huh, what you mean?", asked Valeir as he started putting on his equipment.

"Wizard was saying him and his wife can't get busy because the kids are around, it's an old married guy thing", joked Tyler as Ray flipped them off.

Valeri turned bright red as he understood the meaning. "Da, I no have that problem. But girls in Dallas no like me", he replied sadly.

"Val, if we win tonight, we are going out to celebrate. I'll be your wingman, I am French and the ladies love us", joked Antoine, putting an arm around the big Russian's shoulder.

"Okay guys, but we gotta win tonight first", said Coach Lindy Ruff as tried not to smile.

"I have never seen a game like this before, when Antoine was in juniors we sat in the stands", said Lisette.

"This is the family section, all the family and girlfriends stay here. How'd you like Dallas so far?", asked Brijid Whitney, Ray's wife.

"It is a good city, madame Whitney. We went to a rodeo and saw Jason Aldean last night", replied Lisette.

"Please call me Brijid, I've never been called Madam before. I love his music, but our daughter had a recital at school, she's a trumpet player in the high school band", she said proudly.

"Here you go, ladies", said Josephine, handing them their drinks.

"Ohh, I haven't had a gin and tonic in years", said Brijid, taking a sip of her wine.

"It is my drink, it's a 40's thing", said Lisette with a laugh.

"Yeah, people in the old movies drank those. I'm a Texas gal", said Josephine, stirring her tequila on the rocks with a thin plastic straw.

Lisette took a sip of her drink and glanced down at the ice when the teams skated before the crowd. She saw Antoine and her eyes lit up when she saw Tyler, a dull blush creeping up her neck. "Hon, that boy likes you", teased Brijid.

"And so do all the ladies in Big D, that's why you gotta be more outgoing. Fellas like that get bored with shy girl, and you know Antoine is gonna kick his ass if he tried anything", said Josephine.

"I'm a virgin", she muttered.

"Hon, that is nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't let him do anything you're not comfortable with, just let him know", said Josephine as Brijid nodded.

"Tyler, you got your work cut out for you", teased Ray.

"The chase is better than the catch, Wizard. Girls like that can be total freaks", he chuckled seeing Antoine out of earshot.

Jamie just shook his head and glanced up at the family section, smiling when he saw Josephine. She caught his attention and blew him a kiss, much to his teammates' amusement. "Mon capitan, if we win tonight, go home and fuck her brains out", laughed Antoine.

"I am spending the night at Christy's", said Jordie.

Jamie blushed as he gave his teammates and brother a look. "You guys should get laid yourselves", he retorted.

"Sorry I'm late, it was so busy", said Christy, Jordie's girlfriend, as she sat next to the women.

"That's all right, mall stores are always busy before they close", said Brijid.

"You must be Josephine, Jamie talks a lot about you. I'm Christy McAlister, Jordie's girlfriend. I work at t Foxey's at the Galleria, I'm the second chair, I'm a hairdresser", she explained as they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you, I can tell by the hair", she said graciously. Christy was tall and slim with long straight hair dyed a pale champagne color with vivid purple tips on one side and pink on the other, her nails done in a manicured black and white checkerboard patten with glittery polish and three piercings in each ear.

"I'm a natural blond but this is a lighter shade, it's a real art to dye h air blond so it looks real. Is that your natural color?", she asked Lisette.

"Oui, mademoiselle McAlister. But my brother has brown hair", she replied.

"Ohh, I love your accent. Are you French like Alex and Antoine?", she asked.

"I am Antoine's sister, Lisette Roussel", she replied.

"My bad, Jordie mentioned Antoine having a sister but you guys don't really look alike, sorry if that came out the wrong way", said Christy.

"Non, mademoiselle", she replied.

"Call me Christy, we're not formal here", she said.

The team was in good spirits after defeating the Canadiens 2-1 in overtime, heading into the dressing room and getting ready to celebrate. "Cap, now you really got to take your girl out on the town", teased Ray.

Jamie just laughed as he started to undress, ready to take a shower. "You got me the puck in time, Wizard", he said.

"And you're the one who deked out Markov and shot it past Price, Bennie. We are going to have fun tonight", laughed Tyler.

"Ladies, we are going to enjoy ourselves tonight", said Antoine gallantly after they had finished with the press.

"You scored a great goal there, captain", teased Josephine, giving him a hug and kissing his cheek.

"Thank Wizard, he passed it to me", he chuckled.

"Don't be so modest, hon", she chided.

Tyler put an arm around Lisette and kissed her cheek, feeling the slight hesitation in her body. "Do I get anything for scoring the other goal?", he teased.

"Vous et un garcon mal, Tyler", she giggled.

"I love it when you speak French, my little French tart. Let's go out dancing", said Tyler.

Half an hour later, they were at Purgatory after quickly being ushered into the VIP area on the fifth floor. It was located in a corner away from the massive dance floor as it was crowded with people while a DJ in a booth spinning the latest techno from Europe. A waiter came over with a bottle of Skyy as Jamie gave him a fifty dollar tip, pouring everyone a shot. "To a great overtime win, cheers", he said as they all knocked back the shot.

Lisette felt the vodka go through her as she glanced around. "You've ever been to a club before? Montreal nightlife is awesome", said Tyler.

"Non, not like this", she said.

"Let's go dance", he said, taking her hand and leading her onto the dance floor.

Lisette felt her heart pound furiously as Tyler held her close adn lead her in the dancing, wrapping her arms around his neck as they swayed together. Her eyes went wide in shock when she felt something hard against her legs, seeing him bite back a chuckle. "You are turning me on, my little French tart", he murmured huskily.

"I need a drink, excuse me", she said as she hastily made her way back to the table, leaving ihm confused on the dance floor.