Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

ten

***note this first part will suck because I wrote it all but my computer died without saving it and I'm too depressed to re-write it all, but after the initial part it will get better***

When Lauren woke up a few hours later she immediately noticed the crackers next to her as she grabbed a handful to satisfy her grumbling stomach. Next to the crackers were her crutches along with a cute handwritten note.

LAUREN

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER BUT IF YOU DON'T OR YOU NEED SOMETHING YOU CAN CALL.

NUGE

A smiled spread across Lauren's lips as she read the note and reread it again and again. She grabbed the crutches sing them to carry herself to the bathroom in the hall were she made the ultimate decision to shower away all the grossness she felt from her sickness the night before. Yet she couldn't help but notice that when she let her hair fall out of its messy bun it smelled like Ryan, no doubt from spending the night in his bed and once again Lauren found herself smiling at the thought of Ryan. After carefully cleansing herself in the shower and brushing away the nastiness that was her mouth, Lauren hobbled back to her room where she made herself comfortable on the bed with her laptop propped in front of her, the opening credits of Miracle coming across the screen.

That was the exact position Taylor found her in when the guys returned an hour later. He walked into her room and took a seat on the bed next to her, letting his eyes fall on the screen as their conversation started up.

"I heard you were sick last night, do ya feel better?"

Lauren's cheeks blushed at the thought of Taylor possibly knowing how exactly the night went down.

"Yeah, rough night. But I feel much better yes" She pulled her eyes from the screen giving Taylor a reassuring smile.

"Well good" Just as Taylor stood up to leave he added, "But next time don't spread your germs to Nuge" And with a wink Taylor was fleeing from the room as Lauren grabbed the nearest pillow and chucked it in the direction of his head. She let herself fall over in giggles when she felt the bed dip under the weight of someone else.

Her head snapped up immediately to find Ryan sitting next to her. "Feeling better I see" Ryan's smile caused Lauren's cheeks to blush again as she nodded.

"Thanks for helping me last night, and uh sorry you had to see that" Lauren pulled her eyes away from Ryan's gaze.

"Anytime"

Then without warning Ryan pulled her face to meet his as he crashed his lips to hers. At first Lauren was too shocked to do anything but moments later she deepened the kiss. When they finally separated Lauren couldn't do anything but just stare at Ryan.

Concerned, Ryan began to stand up as he muttered his apologies, thinking he had probably fucking scared the girl.

"Don't be" Lauren added just as quickly as she reached for his arm to pull him back down to her level where this time she crashed her lips to his. The kiss only lasted a few moments when Ryan broke it up with a question.

"Wanna go to dinner with me tonight?"

Another natural smile spread across Lauren's lips as she nodded then quickly added, "What about Gabe and Taylor?"

"They're big boys I think they can handle themselves."

Lauren giggled in response as all of a sudden Ryan mysteriously left the room.

Lauren quietly made her way out into the hall where she could hear Ryan asking Taylor if it was alright to take her to dinner. It made her smile at how cute Ryan was being about this whole thing.

"Nuge I'm not her dad you don't have to ask my permission"

"I just thought you would be mad or something" Ryan tried to defend himself.

"I guess you're better than some random kid off the street" Taylor added and with that Lauren used the back of her hand to stifle her giggles. She turned around and made her way back to the guest room so she could start picking out something for the date, proudly smiling the whole time.

At 6 o'clock Lauren tugged at her dress one more time before she opened her door and crutched into the living room where she found Kelsey had joined the group. Lauren's eyes lit up as she saw the other girl who had stood to give her a hug. "You look beautiful" Kelsey whispered in her ear during the hug. Lauren's only response was a huge grin on her face. When the girls pulled apart Lauren and Ryan said their goodbyes to the group before heading out to Ryan's car.

Like a perfect gentlemen, Ryan opened her door and helped her in the car before closing the passenger door and hurrying around to get in the other side. "You do look beautiful tonight" Ryan stated as he started the car, shooting a grin in Lauren's direction. https://freshairboutique.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/cute-summer-dresses-tumblrbeauty-fashion-lifestyle-summer-essentials-clothing-kga5v2tc.jpg
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_49f8e250-1c58-11e2-bbd1-2771fd000007.jpg
"You don't look bad yourself Nugie" Lauren replied with red cheeks.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xvqEkxK0L._SY246_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

After a short drive into downtown Edmonton, Ryan parked before jumping out of the car to help Lauren get out, he then led her into a chic new restaurant.

The dinner conversation was varied and ranged from Lauren's cheerleading to what it was like living in Canada and how Ryan was planning a trip to Burnaby.

The time flew by and before they knew it they were headed back to the apartment. When they pulled into the driveway Ryan turned the engine off as he turned to look at Lauren.

"Thanks for coming with me tonight"

"No problem" Lauren barely had time to finish before Ryan was pulling her into another sweet kiss. When they pulled apart smiling Ryan opened his door and walked around the side to help Lauren out. When they entered Lauren could hear Gabe yelling cat calls from in front of the TV where he sat alone playing video games. "Lose all your friend's Gabie?" Lauren chirped as she crutched into the room.

"He never had any" Ryan added following her to the open couch. Lauren giggled at the two nineteen year old's acting like they were five.

"Poor Gabie was all alone tonight" Lauren mocked as she stood up and sat down on Gabe's lap.

"Feel free to stop calling me that anytime" Gabe added in mock disgust.

"You know you love it" Lauren quickly kissed Gabe's cheek before she stood up. "I'm gonna go change I'll be right back" She added as she headed towards her room.

She changed and came back, this time without her crutches, much to the disapproving looks from both boys.

"Guys I'm fine, if I could still cheer on it before I knew it was broken, I think I can manage some light walking" Lauren made her way over to Ryan on the couch before she plopped down and demanded they watch a movie. No one argued as Ryan changed it to yet another slasher flick, eliciting a groan from Lauren. This time instead of trying to suppress her urge to hide her face in Ryan's chest, she just let herself cuddle up to him, entangling their limbs and using his shoulder to hide her face at the particularly graphic parts.

When the movie ended, the three tired teens shuffled off to their own rooms respectively. Despite her eyelids feeling as though they weighed one hundred pound apiece, Lauren could not fall asleep. She kept replaying their first kiss earlier that day and all of the cute things Nuge had said to her throughout the night. When she finally fell asleep it was with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments=faster/better updates