Status: work in progress, bare with me.

Why so Serious?

Bigger fish to catch

Everyone and their mother was sad today, there were people on the streets that were sad, people in the elevator that were sad; the Joker and his stupid antics was making everyone sad. They were sad because of the co-worker we lost and sad because more people were going to die, sad because the new D.A was not going to give himself over to the Joker.

I don't like sad people, I don't even like clowns and clowns are supposed to make people happy.

I felt my phone vibrate as I walked out of the elevator that was filled with sad people, I shoved past a few other people that were trying to send their condolences. It was all bullshit, they treated me like a fucking child and I pretty much hated it; I blame Bruce for all of this. I had ignored the my phone the first time but the second time was just to much, if it was important they could just leave a voice-mail.

I looked at my screen and it said Private, now who would call me private.

"What?" I answered with an attitude.

"Ava, are you okay." I heard his voice on the other side of the phone.

"Mark, you have the nerve to call me after what you did?" I yelled in a hushed voice as I walked faster towards my office.

"I didn't do anything, I tried to stop them!" I heard his voice waver as I reached my office, I rushed the people out and slammed my door.

"You're a fucking failure of a liar, you set me up you slime ball. You handed me over to the new D.A who I see is a crook just like the rest of them, Mark. You better mark my words that I am going to hurt you severely. You should already know by know that I am one person youdon't want to cross." I let a sighed escaped before I clicked the end button and placed my phone on the table, rubbing the bridge of my nose I heard the knock on my door and saw Fox walk into the my office.

"Is everything alright?" He spoke.

"Just dandy, how can I be of service?" I asked as I sat in my seat, I watched him shut the door and sit down across from me.

He placed an object on the table, its was round and black, had a few dots on it that probably held lights underneath. Under it was a small bat symbol and button along with it, I looked back fox and raised an eye brow.

"You have gotten the Wayne's mixed up Mr.Fox, is the age catching up?" I said with a smile on my face while leaning my elbows on the desk.

"No, Ava. Bruce had me give this to you as a precaution. It's a beacon for it you get into trouble, press the button and he will be able to find you; well batman will be able to find you." He leaned back against the chair and gave me a smile.

This whole situation was becoming beyond annoying, I was a grown woman who co-owned this company. A person, a woman who has kept this company from falling to the ground and dying. He keeps thinking of me as a child, him and I were going to have a long ass talk.

"He tends to forget that I am not a child anymore, as well as everyone else that knows me and him." I stated while running my hand through my hair and leaning back.

Fox gave off a little laugh while standing up and walking towards the door then looking back at me.

"Ms. Wayne, I never thought of you as a child.You are a woman, a young lady. Your brother worries, help him worry less." With that he walked out of the office with a smile on his face.
I was still at the office and it was around ten at night, I sat looking at the device that Fox had given me. I smirked while I pressed the button and leaned back with my feet on the desk waiting for Bruce to show up, about twenty minutes later I looked at my door to see the caped man leaning against my door.

"If you talk in that fake voice, I'm punching you in the mouth." I sat straight and looked at him.

"Why did you press it, you're not in trouble Ava." He walked into the room shutting the door.

"Exactly, you keep worrying about me but when you were gone; I was fine. I took care of myself!" I slammed the device on the table.

"what about the time with the Joker?! What about when I found you on the streets and when you some how managed to get home after being kidnapped." I heard his voice raise and I stood from my seat.

"Exactly, what about those times Bru-. What about the times that I cared for this company while you were gone with miss cat claws, when you were in a jail cell with a broken back; when bane took over. The times when you found me in the streets? I was seventeen and drunk! I was allowed to have fun." I balled my hands into a fist and pointed at him while continuing "Your so good right! You can't even find me with out this stupid device and the Joker was able to find me with out needing a tracking device. You care so much and it was the Joker who fucking saved me from the person who took me! He brought me back here, he stitched me up and he saved my god damn life!"

I took a deep breathe and let my mouth fall into an O shape as I realized what I had just said, I just admitted to the Joker saving my life. To the fact that he got into the penthouse, I could see the hate from beneath Bruce's mask and I watched him walk over to the door, he stopped next to the window and slammed his fist into it causing it to shatter. Then he walked out slamming the door so hard that the knob broke as well as one of the hinges.

"Great, I pissed off batman." I tossed my hands in the air as I went to grab my coat.

Walking out of my office I looked at the broken glass and shook my head, I really fucked up this time and I doubt Bruce would ever trust me again. I sighed and made my way back to the Penthouse.

"So, I heard you pissed your brother off severally." I heard his girlfriend talk and I walked past her.

"Siblings fight, shit happens. He will get over it." I placed my coat on the couch and took a seat as she walked over and sat across from me.

"No he wont, hes putting extra security on this place; if any of the camera pick up the Jokers face. Well lets say this place will be packed with cops in a matter of seconds." She picked up her glass and took a sip.

I didn't really care what she was saying, I was going to stay far from the Joker as possible; I had other fish to catch and that was the new D.A and my ex boyfriend. If I learned anything from being with the Joker at that time, it was how to track people and kill them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no we are seeing a different side to Ava!

Leave me some love.