Drive

Chapter 3

(UNEDITED)

Is it bad that I'm smoking twice as much? Is it bad that Luke and I keep messing with each other? Am I bad? I planned everything for Chicago, I just haven't told my mom yet. If I tell her, she'll beg me to stay. If I don't, I don't have to hear her mouth. She won't care anyways, work is more important than her daughter.

I finally got home after that long drive back from that cliff place. For some reason I was surprised Niall remembered who I was, I mean all Luke did was say our names and we said hi to each other.
As I get of my car, I see Phil smoking a cigarette.

"Hey kid." He said. "You're mother's inside."

"Thanks." I said walking inside until he grabbed my arm. "Uh, do you mind?"

"What have you done with the money?"

"Nothing that concerns you."

"Don't cock attitude with me!"

"I can do what I want, you can't tell me what to do." I say coldly pulling my arm away from him walking inside as he follows.

"Mel! Melanie! Come down here!" I hear my mom call. I put my phone and bag down, seeing my mother. Phil walks next to her as he puts his arm around her.

"What's going on?" I ask curiously.

"Me and Phil are going to Hawaii!" My mother yells. What? ...

"W-what?"

"Me and your mother are going on vacation, we feel like we need some alone time.." Phil says.

"What the fuck?! No! No! No! No! How are you going to Hawaii, and be with each other when you can't even have time for me?!" I yell looking straight at my mother.

"I always make time for-"

"BULLSHIT MOM! You're never home! You never have time for me, you're always at work! You're so busy with your work that you don't even notice how I'm turning out to be! You don't even notice that your so called wonderful husband is cheating on you!!" I gasp to catch my breath realizing what I just said..Phil's face full of anger.

"Melanie.."

"No. Just, stop. Leave me alone!" I said grabbing my car keys off the table and headed for the door..

I sit in my car and cry. I didn't even go anywhere. I was too weak to start the car and drive. Was it me? I cleared my face with my hands and started the car and drive to Luke's house.

Once I get to Luke's house, I knocked on his door and waited until he opened it. When he did all I did was hug him and cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. Luke might be a big pothead, but he listened when I needed to talk.

"I fucking hate them Luke!" I sobbed. He knew exactly who I was talking about, because this isn't the first time this has happened.

"You don't hate them Mel.." He said against my hair.

"They're going to Hawaii, cause they need alone time.." I said mocking my mother. "I went off on her and I told her Phil was cheating on her....Phil is probably trying to find the money I hid."

"Are you okay now?"

"Yeah. I guess." I said looking up at him. He smiled and his lips met mine. We stood their for a few minutes as our lips moved in sync.
This time it felt different.

"Come in." He smiled.

It was 3 a.m and I still wasn't home. Luke had me stay at his place because he didn't want me to leave. We made out a couple of times, had a beer or two and shared a joint.

"So today, Niall stopped by, and he asked about you?" He said.

"He did?"

"Yeah, it was weird."

Huh...why would he ask about me?

"Huh...I'm tired Luke, and I really need to get home."

"Or you can stay here and we can fuck until the sun comes up...just an option." He laughs.

"And an option I'm not picking," I laugh. "I should be home."

All he did was stare at me with his beautiful blue eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask.

He shakes his head.."Nothing." He laughs. I smiled and kiss his lips.

Is it me or the drive home is longer than it needs to be. Driving home I notice a head of blonde locks. Niall? He was walking alone with his hands in his pockets and his clothes are dirty, his hair is a mess, a he was limping? I pull over next to him and honk my horn rolling my window down.

"Niall? What are you doing walking here at three in the morning?"

"Why are you driving at three in the morning?" I roll my eyes. "Get in, I'll take you home." He quickly comes in the car, without even hesitating.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He nods his head as I notice a red stain on his shirt.

"Is that blood?!" I ask quickly putting the car in park and looking over at him. "Niall, what happened?!"

"Nothing. I'm okay."

"No the hell you're not! You're bleeding!"

"Melanie, I'm fine." He said as he put his hand over the bloody spot on his shirt.

"I'm taking you to hospital." I say putting the car in drive and step on the gas.

"Shit." He says and he presses on it. "Niall, what happened?"

"I was jumped."

"Jumped?! By who?"

"It's personal Melanie."

"You can call me Mel, you know."

"I prefer Melanie." He laughed a bit. His laugh was cute. Adorable really..

"Okay.. Um, can I ask why you were jumped?"

"Just some business that isn't yours. You're better off not knowing." He says as he groans in pain.

"Okay." I say quietly.

"Thanks for caring though." I turned to him. He looked at me with his blue eyes which were now dark blue.

"Yeah.." I smiled and turn back to the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are enjoying this. The song for this story is actually called Drive by Miley Cyrus. I recommend listening to the song while reading this fanfic <3 Please comment <3
Thanks for readinggggg <3