Drive

Chapter 5

(UNEDITED)

"So tell me about yourself, I barley know you." I said putting out the joint and putting it down.

"Well, I'm Niall." He laughs.

"Obviously!"

"Let's just say you don't need to anything about me...yet." He says laying down on the floor.

Oh. He's that type?

"Ohhhh." I say.

"I'm hungry." He blurted out. I smile and pulling him up with my hand. "C'mon!" I say leading him to my kitchen. "Wow. You're living the life huh? This kitchen is huge!" He says. When he says that he completely zones out and stares at the sink for 2 minutes straight!

"Niall!.. Niall..NIALL!" I laugh. "Wake up buddy!" Damn, he was really high.

"The fridge is all yours." I said waving my hands towards the refrigerator. He laughs and looks through it pulling out some watermelon.

"This is gonna hit the spot!"

I had taken Niall home after we are literally all the watermelon, and talked more about nothing and laughed about nothing. I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I'll see him for a while. I paid for his medical bill without him knowing. I used some of the money Phil gave me.
I could hear the keys jiggling as someone was trying to open the front door. Mother...

"Hey Hun."

"Hey."

"Listen, yesterday, I know-"

"Stop. You don't have to apologize, I have to go..."

I know I shouldn't be treating her like this, but I'm still so angry at her.

Luke's lips meet mine. His lip ring was cold but it felt good on my lips. His tongue finds mine and they fight with each other. He brings his lips to my neck and starts to suck softly on it. I moan out and Luke begins to suck harder, leaving a small mark. Shit Luke. "I missed you." He says. "You didn't call at all or text me yesterday. Where were you?" He asked. "High and sleeping." I half lie...

"Wanna drink?" He asks against my neck.

"No thanks, um... Wanna take a road trip?"

"Where to?"

"Chicago."

"Um, that's a long drive isn't it?"

"Only 15 hours...I don't want to go alone either. Please Luke?" I kiss his cheek. "Maybe." He says kissing me as a loud knock on the door hits. He gets up and opens the door, and a head of blonde locks come in.

"You remember Niall right?"

"Y-yeah...Hey."

"Melanie." He says as he raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Bro what the fuck happened? You look horrible." Luke says to Niall.

"Uh, I fell off my skateboard." Niall says as he looked to me. He hands Niall a beer and they both sit down on the next couch.

"You sure you don't want one?" Luke says taking a sip of his beer.

"Positive, hey I'm gonna to get going. I have to go to the store and shit, soooo bye guys."

"Wait, you just got here!" Luke said. "I know, I'll be back later." I say opening the door and walking out.

I start my car and as I'm about to pull out of the drive way, Niall stands in front of the car. I roll my window down. "Uh, can you move?"

"Why?"

"Cause I have to leave?"

"Can I go?"

"Unless you want to pay for chocolate, a heating pad and tampons, then yes, you can come." I say sarcastically.

"Never mind then." He laughs putting his hands in the air.

"Oh come on." I say.

--

"And so after I moved here my life became hell. I miss my dad so much.."

"So you're gonna drive all the back to Chicago with the money your stepdad gave you?" He asked. I nodded my head, "Most likely, maybe in about a month or so? I don't know....So! what about you? You dont talk about yourself much."

"There's nothing to talk about." He says with a serious tone.

"There has to be, like your parents, siblings, best frie-"

"Im nothing to really talk about, my mom died when I was 15. My dad, he's a drug addict and I don't have any siblings. Luke is my best friend, he's all I really have even if I'm older than him. I wanted to go to LA to have a good life there and see what comes to me, but I never got far obviously." He chuckled. "No, I don't have a girlfriend. I don't need one, all they do is slow me down and a waste of time." He says.

"A waste of time?" I say getting slightly offended. "Yeah! Which is why I don't have one. Plus, they're annoying, kinda like you." He smiles.

"Fuck you."

"When?"

"Never." I smile.

"Stop that!" He looks away. What?

"Stop what?" I say crossing my arms confused.

"Smiling. Your dimple pops out and it distracts me." He says as he looks to me.

"Fine, I'll just be grumpy like you." I say as he turns to me and smirked.

--

"Where were you guys? You guys took forever!" Luke says. "Relax bro. Were here now so it doesnt matter." Niall says. Luke squinted his eyes. "Are you guys fucking?" He asked. "No?" Me and Niall say.

Good. I hear Luke whisper. "Listen, it's 12:30 and I have to get home. I hate driving at night so I'm gonna leave." I say. "Okay." Luke says as he kisses my lips. "Night guys!"

"Wait! Can you drive me home? My house is literally two blocks down from yours." Niall says.

--

"Okay, what are your favorite bands?" Niall asks. We were in his drive way talking about anything. He

"Um, Fall Out Boy, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, Pink Floyd, The Killers-"

"Ah! You do have a good taste in music." He claps his hands.

"I'm not retarded!" I say, "What about you?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He smiles. "Melanie?"

"Yeah?" I say and look at him.

"Thanks for the ride home." He says as he looks into my eyes. He moves his eyes to my lips as he moved closer, my breathing becomes ten times faster. His lips gets closer and closer. I pull away quickly.

"Uh, anyways." I say looking down. He let out a small laugh. "What are you doing next Saturday?"

"Nothing that I know of? Why?"

"Let's say I want to take you out. As friends, just us?" He said.

"Yeah. I'd like that." I smiled. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Night Melanie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are liking it so far! Update really sooooon!!
BTW! Credit to Formaldehyde for the layout!