Status: Completed.

Different Dimension

Two.

Zack’s first two weeks at college had gone great so far. It really helped that his roommate Rian was pretty cool, into the same music as Zack as well as going to the gym, so at least he had a friend there. Or at least the beginning of a friend. He hadn’t told Rian about his sexuality yet, but it was’t exactly like he was hiding his preferences. The opportunity just hadn’t arrived yet. Rian seemed to be like the kind of guy that would accept him though.

And Zack had met a really nice guy called Alex in his classes taking the same English with Creative Writing major, who was living in the dorm building next to Zack’s, so it wasn’t even that far away. Alex was kind of crude and blunt, but not in a horrible way. More like he was incredibly open and didn’t care what people thought. Alex was another guy that Zack could see becoming a good friend, so that had been good.

His classes were okay so far, and his future creative writing course looked really interesting, so at least he didn’t have any problems with that. He’d only gotten lost once on campus too, but had been able to sneak a quick look at the map his RA Paul had given him without looking like too much of an idiot. The food was good, the teachers were good, and the campus was good. What more could he want?

It was coming up to the end of his second week at college, the Friday, and Zack was walking across the quad with Rian, on their way back from eating lunch. Neither of them had a class to get to, so they were just going to chill out while the weather was still nice. After all, it would be September next week, and who knew when it would start getting too cold?

“Hey Jacksonville!”

What?

Zack turned around to see the girl from Florida he’d met when he moved in walking towards him…Sierra. Wow. He laughed as she threw her arms around him in a hug, but hugged back anyway. Her mom had been right. She really was intense. Not in a bad way though, but still.

“Hi Sierra, it’s good to see you,” Zack said, smiling as she let go.

“Likewise Zack,” she grinned, “how are you finding UPenn so far?”

They talked for a little while, just about classes and so on, Zack introducing Rian, Sierra telling them about her dorm mate Tay. It was nice, just talking like this. Zack wasn’t used to making random friends, especially not with people as cool and confident as Sierra.

“Mm, I just remembered, my cousin Kennedy is having a party just off campus tomorrow night, and you should come,”

Saturday night…he could do that…

Wait, her cousin?

“I didn’t realise your cousin was here,” Zack mused.

She hadn’t exactly mentioned it when they first met.

“Yeah that’s why I decided to go to UPenn. Kennedy and I were close when we were kids before my parents divorced, and we wanted to spend more time together,”

Ah, that’s fair enough. Zack nodded, Rian nodding too.

“He’s a junior but he’s pretty cool. And his house is just off campus too, which is where the party is,” Sierra explained, grinning.

A Junior party. In his two weeks as a freshman. Was this real life?

“And he doesn’t mind you inviting other freshmen?” Rian asked, smiling.

“Nah, he doesn’t mind. Obviously he doesn’t want a whole load of freshmen there, but he said a few is fine,”

“Well I’m free on Saturday night, but would you mind if we brought some friends?” Zack asked sheepishly.

Zack just felt like he would need back-up to be around Sierra and alcohol. Besides, he knew that Rian would get along with Alex from his classes, so it would be a good time to bring them together.

“As long as they’re hot,” Sierra smirked.

Zack just blushed, making Sierra and Rian laugh.

“Here, type in your number and I’ll text you the details so we can all walk together,” Sierra grinned, handing over her phone.

Safety in numbers, right?

As soon as Sierra walked off, waving over her shoulder, Rian smirked at Zack.

“So Sierra, huh? How did you meet her?” Rian teased.

Zack blushed without being able to help himself. Damn it.

“It’s not like that. We just parked next to each other on move-in day and got talking because we’re both from Florida,” Zack explained.

“It’s not like that, huh?” Rian teased even more.

“She isn’t my type,” Zack mumbled.

“Hot girl isn’t your type?” Rian laughed.

Here goes nothing.

“Not really?” Zack offered.

Well this wasn’t exactly the smoothest way to come out to a new friend. Congratulations, Zack.

“But hot guy is?” Rian guessed.

Zack blushed slightly. Again. He needed to work on this.

“You don’t care that I’m gay?” Zack winced.

“Why would I? It’s not like you’re gonna jump me, right?” Rian shrugged.

Zack just shook his head. No, he’d never do that. Especially not with someone as painfully straight as Rian.

“Then we’re good,” Rian mused.

Wow. He really had been right about Rian. He really was a nice guy.

“Thanks,” Zack said softly.

He hadn’t always had the best reception to his sexuality, so this was refreshing. And very very welcome.

“No problem. Besides, you’re going to be the best wingman, like, ever,” Rian grinned.

Zack just laughed. It looked like this party would be interesting after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
A quickfire update!
I just wanted to get this one out, to show how Zack's friendships are developing.
But don't worry...
Zack and Martin will meet in the next chapter...
And that chapter is the party! Yay!

Thank you to everyone who read the first chapter, and to the following who commented! I really do appreciate your feedback and support, especially so early on in a story, so please keep it coming!

xMareBear14x
makethekidsbelieve
Tattoo
fiction246
Forever Young.

xo