You Can Be My Romeo

Chapter Eleven

“Talbot, try to be cool bro, I’m tryin’ to get my girl back,” I tried to explain to my old teammate but it was paying more attention to Bridget and Juliet than me, “Max!

“What? What?” he asked and I glared at him, “Who are the hot girls?”

“My friends- Look, Max-“

“You’ve got some hot friends, Nealer, the blonde is-“

“Mine,” I growled and he looked at me, “Her name’s Juliet and I’m trying to get her back so try not to be- Well, you tonight,” I said and Max rolled his eyes, “Go after the red head.”

“Who’s that?”

“Her friend- My friend, Bridget,” I said and he looked at me and nodded his head, “Thanks, Max.”

Max walked away and Jordan came over towards me, he promised to keep an eye on Talbot and I thanked him, owing him so much if tonight went well. I looked over and saw Juliet laughing at something Matt had said and I took a deep breath and walked over towards them.

“There he is,” Matt said and Juliet looked at me and I smiled brightly at her, “Wondering where you went.”

“Had to take care of something,” I said and Juliet nodded her head, “Take a walk with me.”

“Um, all right,” Juliet said and then stood up, I watched her pat her thigh and Pepper, her new Collie, followed her.

“When are the puppies due?”

“Not sure yet, we’ve got a vet appointment this week,” Juliet said and I nodded my head.

“I’m really happy you came, Jewels,” I said and she looked at me and nodded her head.

“I almost didn’t,” she sighed.

“I’m still glad that you did.”

We walked down towards the dock, sitting on the edge and looking out at the water. I looked over towards her to see her looking out at the setting sun’s reflection in the water. Juliet had her knees up to her chest and her arms wrapped around them, I sighed, she didn’t look like she wanted to be here.

“So,” I looked at her, “Should I be worried that Max Talbot’s here?”

“You know Talbot?” I asked confused.

“Not personally, just the name- And reputation,” she said and then looked at me, “Just because I wasn’t with you anymore, didn’t mean that I still didn’t keep track.”

“He was my teammate-“

“I know, plays for Philly now,” she said and I smirked when she looked back at the water.

‘…She was keeping track even after she left…’ I thought happily, ‘…She still cares…’

“So, should I be worried?”

“About what?” I chuckled.

“He’s a party boy- Are there gunna be half naked girls runnin’ around here?” she asked and I let out a laugh.

“Probably,” I teased and she shot me a look, wrong answer.

“Well, then I better go before they get here,” she said and went to stand up, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down again.

“I’m only kidding, Jewels,” I said and she looked at me, “This isn’t those kinds of parties; I’m just here, hanging with my buds and trying to get back the girl of my dreams.”

“Ro,” she breathed and I smiled.

“I still love you- I never stopped,” I said and she just looked at me, sighed and then stood up, “Jewels!” I called and jumped up, grabbing her wrist again and pulling her back, “Come on, stop being like this-“

“Like what?!”

“Like you don’t care anymore- Quit pretending that you still don’t love me!” I yelled, “I know you still do.”

“Of course I still love you! Ro, I never stopped loving you!” she said and my eyes widened, “I was scared and I left.”

“And how are you feeling now?”

“I’m still scared!”

“And you’re still here,” I said and she looked down.

“Because you won’t let me go,” she breathed and I pulled her into me, cupped her face and crashed my lips against hers.

I felt so much better when I felt her hands on my chest, even better when she wrapped them around my neck. I was always taller than her; I moved my hands from her face, wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her up. When we pulled back to breathe, Juliet looked at me and I smiled brightly.

“I’ll never let you go, Jewels,” I said and she gave me a small smile, “Can I tell you a secret?” I asked and she nodded her head, “I’m scared too.”

“Of what?” she asked and I put her down, cupped her face against and rubbed my thumb on her cheek.

Juliet’s hands were on my arms and she looked up at me, “I’m afraid of losing you again,” I said and she looked down, I cupped her chin and made her look at me, “I don’t wanna lose you again.”

“James,” she breathed and I gulped, “I-“

“Whatever you’re about to say,” I quickly started, “Just ask yourself if you’re really sure about it.”

She looked at me and then down, back at me and nodded her head, “I’m sure,” she said and I sighed and nodded my head. Juliet cupped my face and stood on her toes to reach me, she gently pressed her lips against mine and then pulled back, “James, you’ll always be my Romeo.”

I smiled brightly towards her, “Good, I wouldn’t have it any other way,” I chuckled and then grabbed the back of her neck and pressed my lips against hers.

We pulled back and Juliet looked at me, “One question.”

“Shoot.”

“Why do you smell like booze?” she asked and I chuckled.

“Because before you got here, Nisky shook a beer and gave it to me and I opened it and- Yeah,” I said and she giggled and shook her head.

“You stink,” she said and I snorted.

“Thanks.”

“I can fix it though,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“How?” I chuckled.

“This way,” she laughed and my eyes widened when she pushed me back and I let out a little yell when I fell into the lake.

When I surfaced from the water she was standing there laughing and Pepper was barking. I smirked and then shook my head, swimming over towards the dock and I started to push myself out, but Juliet pushed me back in, “Jewels!” I whined and she laughed, I smirked and then went to push myself up again and when Juliet went to push me back, I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the water with me. She screamed out just before she went head first into the water. I laughed when she resurfaced to see her hand all over the place and making her looking like Cousin It from the Adams Family.

“You’re so dead,” she said and then dunked me underwater, when I resurfaced, I wrapped my arm around her waist and went under the dock, my other hand holding onto the dock to make sure we stayed above the water. I pushed her against one of the poles and she looked at me, I pressed my lips against hers and heard her groaned when our tongues battled against one another.

-Juliet-
We were up by the fire; Bridget was sitting with Max and Jordan, taking a few glances my way since I was sitting next to James on the ground. We were roasting marshmallows and I kept on laughing at him because he would be talking to me, forgetting about his marshmallow in the fire and I’d watch it catch on fire.

“You should pay more attention,” I giggled as I watched James blow on the marshmallow to put out the flame.

When he did, he looked at me and smirked, “I had better things to watch.”

“Yeah?” I smirked and James smiled brightly.

“Yeah.”

“We’re here!!!” we all heard and looked towards the house to see three girls coming our way.

“Oh no,” I heard James breath and looked towards him to see him glaring at Max who’s eyes were wide.

“So bro, I totally forgot,” Max said and I looked at James.

“Who are they?” I asked him, but before he could answer, the one blonde ran over, tackled James to his back and kissed him.

“Did you miss me, James? It’s been so long!”

My eyes widened and I shook my head, standing up, calling Pepper to follow me and then headed up the hill towards my car. I heard my name and turned to see Bridget running towards me.

“Jewels-“

“I don’t wanna hear it,” I hissed and she just looked at me, “We were this close,” I pinch my fingers together, “That close to getting back together- But you know what, I’m found out the truth before.”

“Jewels-“

“I just wanna go home, Bridget,” I said and she shut her mouth, looked back towards the others and then back at me.

“All right.”