You Can Be My Romeo

Chapter Ten

“Ok, guys, I need you to like not be you,” I said and the guys looked at me confused.

“What do you mean, dude?” Jordan Staal asked.

“Jewels is coming tonight and I really want her to like you guys,” I said and the guys smirked evilly, “Guys! If she likes you then I have a chance of bringing her back to the ‘burgh!”

“Wait- Is this Juliet?” Matt asked, remembering her from when we were on the Stars, I nodded my head and his eyes widened, “So you wanna get back with her after you dumped her?” he asked, sounding annoyed and I looked at him and sighed.

“I didn’t- Yeah,” I said, nothing feeling like explaining it to the guys about the truth, “Who’s all supposed to be coming?”

“I don’t know- G, Tanger, Flower, Sid-“

“Sid! Perfect!” I said and Jordan looked at me confused, “He’s a cautious freak- She’ll love him!”

“Talbo-“

“Fuck,” I breathed about my friend that likes to drink.

“My brothers, Skinner- I don’t know, a lot,” Jordan said and I nodded my head. I took a deep breath, ran my fingers through my hair and then sighed, “Dude, calm down- You really like this chick, eh?”

“She’s pretty awesome- I’ll never understand why you broke up with her!” Matt said and I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m an asshole,” I muttered and looked at my friends.

“Hello!” I heard and then turned my head to see Stamkos walking into the house, “Hey!”

“Hey man!” I smirked and watched as he walked over.

“So I heard that Jewels is gunna be here- How’d you pull that one off?” he asked, a smirk on his face and I rolled my eyes.

“We’ve got to make sure that we don’t act like assholes tonight- Or I’ll ruin my chance for her to come to Pittsburgh,” I said and the guys nodded their heads, “Look, everyone will start coming soon- Gronk- Do me a favor and keep an eye on Talbo- He’ll ruin it all!”

“No problem, I’ll babysit him- But you better get the chick!” Jordan said and I sighed and nodded my head, stressing over the fact that tonight needed to go well.

“I’m gunna try,” I said and the guys nodded their heads.

-Juliet-
“Girl, you look fuckin’ hot!” Bridget smiled brightly as she sat on my bed and watched as I zipped up my jeans and looked at myself in the mirror. It was nothing special, I had no one to impress, just jeans, some flip flops, a tight white low scoop tank top and then a light unbutton blue plaid shirt.

“I just threw it on- I’ve got no reason to get pretty-“

“You have every reason to get smokin’!” Bridget yelled and I laughed, “Girl, we’re going to be partying with hockey players- Professional hockey players- Gorgeous professional hockey players,” Bridget said and I giggled, shaking my head at the fact that my friend was more excited about this than me.

“Calm down, Bridge- We’re just gunna go for a little bit and then leave-“

“Fuck no! We’re gunna stay- I’m gunna get drunk and get fucked by one of them while you’re gunna get back with James!” Bridget said and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, “Don’t give me that! You’re still-“

“Please Bridge, don’t start- I’m going to this, aren’t I!” I snapped and then sighed.

“But you could at least go in a good mood- Not expect to have a horrible time,” she said and I sighed and nodded my head.

I sighed and then Bridget and I headed downstairs, I looked towards the corner of the living room and saw Pepper lying on her bed. I whistled and she shot up and looked at me, I patted my leg, grabbed her leash and watched as she ran over towards me.

“You’re bringing her?” Bridget asked and I nodded my head, “Why?”

“Because Ro said that I could-“

“Ro! You said-“

“Stop it, Bridget,” I said and then sighed, “It was a slip.”

“Whatever girl, just when we go- Stop acting like this or you’re just going to make everyone miserable,” she said and I sighed and leaned against the wall.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered, rubbing my face and looking at my friend.

“I know, you’re scared,” she said and I nodded my head, “I’ll be there-So you don’t need to be scared.”

“I can’t help it- I still love him-“

“Then let him in again,” Bridget said as she hugged me and then patted my shoulders, “You both still love each other- Why fight it anymore?”

“I’m scared-“

“We all have something to be scared of, Jewels,” Bridget said and I sighed and nodded my head, “Come on- We’re going to have fun- You’re going to love it- You’re going to love James’ teammates and you’re going to make me sad and happy at the same time and move to Pittsburgh to be with your Romeo.”

“Whatever you say, Bridge,” I giggled as I hooked Pepper’s leash to her collar and then we headed outside, to my car and I drove to James’ cabin, following the directions that he had given me and was surprised to find that he was only a fifteen minute drive down the road.

“This is beautiful,” Bridget said and I nodded my head, looking at the cabin in awe.

“It’s definitely something he would choose,” I muttered to myself, grabbing Pepper’s leash and heading for the house, walking around and heading for the back, hearing laughter from many people. I peaked my head around the corner and saw a lot of guys sitting around a fire, some girls on the back porch. I sighed and looked at Bridget, she smiled towards me and then I looked down at Pepper, she was panting and looking like she wanted to run towards the people, “Here we go.”

I unleashed Pepper and watched as she ran towards the fire, barking and going to greet everyone. James stood up from his seat, pet Pepper and smiled brightly towards me, “Jewels! You made it!”

“I said I would come,” I said as James ran over towards me and hugged me.

“I’m glad you’re here- You’re gunna love it,” he said and I looked at him and gave a small smile and nodded my head.

-James-
“Dude! That’s Juliet?!” Jordan asked shocked when he turned around in his chair to look at her.

I looked up from petting Pepper, she had ran right over towards me and saw Juliet, she was standing with Bridget, looking right at me, “That’s her.”

“She’s fuckin’ bangin’!” he said and I glared at him.

“She’s always been a pretty girl,” Matt said and I sent him a look before leaving my teammates and some friends before heading over towards the girls.

I greeted her and then brought her down towards the fire to meet some of the guys, I was really happy that she had shown up, “And you remember Nisky,” I smiled and looked towards Juliet to see that Matt had walked over towards her and hugged her, she giggled and hugged him back.

“Good to see you again, Matty,” Juliet said and I smiled brightly.

“Miss you, always keepin’ this ass in line,” Matt said and I rolled my eyes and heard some of the guys laugh.

“I no know pretty girl!” I heard and saw Geno come up from behind Juliet, wrap his arm around her shoulder and smile towards her, “You girl from picture in Lazy’s locker.”

“Um,” Juliet looked at me surprised and I knew my face was red as I turned my head to avoid embarrassment.

“You better in person,” he said and Juliet giggled.

“Thank you,” she breathed and I looked towards her to see she was looking at me; I snuck a peak towards Bridget to see her smiling brightly towards me.

‘…This could work…’ I thought and then looked around the yard, I still needed to introduce Juliet to everyone and then I looked towards the wives and girlfriends on the porch and pictured Juliet sitting up there having a good time, ‘...She’s coming to Pittsburgh…’ I thought and then looked towards Juliet; she was talking to Matt and Geno.

“WHAT’S UP BITCHES!!!” I heard and turned my head and groaned.

‘…I’m screwed…’