Your love is covered in blood

Chapter Five

Xander grabbed my wrist and tried to feel for a pulse.
"You have no pulse. You're dead."
I sighed. "I'm not exactly dead, yet I'm not alive either."
He looked at me. "I have so many questions to ask you. Is it cool being a vampire? How long have you been a vampire? Do you drink blood? How old are you REALLY? Do you sleep in a coffin? How can you go out in sunlight?"
Wow. Nosy kid. "I don't really know if it's cool being a vampire. I've been a vampire all my life. Yes I drink blood. I'm sixteen. I do not sleep in a coffin. It's a common misconception that vampires cannot go out in daylight. Our powers are simply limited. Doesn't it... scare you that I'm a vampire?"
He looked at me oddly. "Why would it scare me? Vampires are freaking AWESOME. AND I'M DATING ONE!!!!!!!!"
I shook my head. "I think I should scare you. I'm this terrifying creature that feeds upon your kind.
Xander cupped my face. "You don't scare me, gorgeous. You're a beautiful creature of the night."
I laughed. "You're insane."
He smiled. "What if.... I wanted to be.... A vampire?"
I nearly died of shock. He wanted to be.... a vampire? Insanity. "Why the hell would you want to become a vampire."
"Because," he explained. "I love vampires. I've always wanted to... become one. And now, that I have you, maybe my wish will come true."
I had to let him down easy. "Look, we've only been together for a few hours. Let's wait a little bit before I... turn you. Okay?"
Disapointment covered his face. "You.. don't want my blood?"
Actually, I thirsted for his blood. I wanted it. Desperately. But, to destroy this person's life? "I do want you blood but... look, let's wait. Okay?"
He pouted. "Okay."
I took his hand. "It's getting late. I'll take you home. Okay?"

So we walked back to his house, hand in hand. At his doorstep we had this long make-out session which I really hoped his family didn't see. As I exited his residence, I realized I hadn't fed in a long time. I was thirsty. I needed blood. I saw this pretty blonde hooker walking past. I smiled at her and indicated her to come here. She came.
"20 per hour, honey."
I smiled. I wasn't looking for a cheap thrill. I aimed at her neck and my fangs went in. She screamed as I drained her of life. The sweet red liquid went down very easily and before I knew it, she was dead. I felt satisfied as I began to walk to my house.