Razorblade Kiss

Chapter Twenty Eight: Ville's Questions

Ville excused himself from the table and walked over to you never once breaking eye contact. He grabbed your hand and led you outside.

“Love what’s wrong? Have I done something?” he asked with concerned eyes

“No Ville. What would give you that idea?”

“You couldn’t stop staring at me all through dinner.” He said grabbing your hand.

“Oh that it was nothing bad I promise.” You said reassuring him.

“Tell me love. I know it’s important. You barely ate your dinner.” He said with a laugh.

“Don’t worry its nothing I swear.” You said bowing your head.

“You know you can trust me . . . right?” he asked still holding your hand.

“Yes I know but this is a little more personal.”

“Is it about Dan?” he asked with anger in his eyes.

“No it’s not Dan i’m thinking about it’s . . . . . . . . . “You couldn’t finish. There was a lump in your throat it would not let you utter a single word.

As you tried to say what you wanted Ville looked into your eyes.

“Is it me love?” he asked and you felt your heart jump out of your chest.

“Yes it is.” You said as you got up and started to walk towards the woods. Ville followed catching up not too soon after you got up.

“What is it that you’ve been thinking? You can tell me I promise nothing will change.” He said walking beside you.

“That’s what i’m afraid of.” You said barely above a whisper.

“Why is that?” Ville asked. You were shocked he heard you. You looked at him with a look of shock.

“I have very good ears sweetheart.” He laughed.

“I’m afraid that all we ever will be is friends. I mean I want that but I think I want something more.” You said sitting down on a rock. You patted next to you and Ville took the invitation.

“Go on”

“Well Ville to be honest I think i’m . . . . . . . “there it was again that damn lump.

“Falling in love?” Ville responded in record time.

“Yes I think I’m falling for you. I know we haven’t known each other that long and I just broke up with my significant other and you with yours and . . . . “Before you could get another word out Ville silenced you with a kiss. This kiss was much more passionate and loving than your first one. You felt his hands snake around your waist. He pulled you deeper into the kiss. His tongue begged for entry which you permitted. You were in the moment all your fears were wiped away. Nothing could hurt you. Ville pulled away from the kiss and the first thing you saw was a smile on his face.

“I feel the same way.”