Status: active

Skater Girl

One

Mealtime at the Margera household was always a chore for April. Not only did she have to cook for her family of four, but her sons always invited their friends, making her meals triple in quantity. She always poured love into all of her meals and enjoyed doing all of it. Cleaning afterward was another thing.

As she set the last bowl of food onto the table, her voice rang throughout the house notifying everyone it was time to eat. She sat at her regular seat and watched as everyone barreled in the room. Her husband, Phil, was the first. He took his regular seat across from her and gave her a full-hearted smile. She smiled in return and shifted her glance at her son, Jess, and his wife Kelly. Their daughter, Ava, stayed at home with a babysitter. It was nice for them to have a break and share time alone together. Next to Kelly sat her friend Haylie. Today was the first time meeting her and April already loved her. Across from them sat April's youngest son Bam, and his friends Ryan (Gee), Brandon (Novak), Chris, and Seth. The boys always were welcome. They seemed more like adopted sons than just friends of the family.

Even though these big meals happened three times daily, it still surprised April that the table that would normally set six people somehow managed to fit the ten attending. It did not take long for the family to start digging into the food and April smiled widely as they all praised the flavors.

"So, Bam," Ape started after she finished her first bite, "do you know who is moving into the house across the street?"

"Nope," he stated with a full mouth of food.

"Rylee Taylor. I ran into her mother at the grocery store. She just got divorced and is moving back to town."

Bam had not heard that name in years. She was his first crush in middle school, his first kiss, best friend, date to junior prom. She was the only girl he had ever met that knew how to skateboard. She did tricks at the local park no one could match, not even Bam. Then she went to college and he had not seen her since, but she was on his mind for years afterward.

"Cool," he said between bites.

He acted like he did not care about her coming back to town, but inside his stomach were butterflies fluttering about. He had no idea what was to come.