Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

11

Sidney turned over on his bed once more, flipping through the TV stations, bored, and trying to get comfortable in his own bed for one of the first times in a very long time. While he loved his home and loved his big, expensive bed, it wasn’t the same without having Bailey with him.

With an exhausted puff of breath, Belle looked up at Sidney from her bed that he brought over from Bailey’s apartment. She gave him a rather weary look.

“I know, Belle, me too.” He assured the little pug. Upon hearing her name, the fawn pug stepped out of her bed and in one fell, impressive swoop, made it up on top of the California king bed. “Fine, but just for the night.” Sidney stroked her soft fur. “Only till your Mom gets back.”

”Bails?” Sidney called out into the apartment. He had given her a ring in the car on the way over, but she hadn’t answered.

“I’m in the bedroom!” She called back. As always, he could hear music playing, and it was something he found extremely comforting. He dropped his duffel in the entryway, kicking off his shoes and bent down to give Belle a little pat before wandering further into the apartment. Upon seeing her in the bedroom, he frowned softly at the rolling suitcase on the bed, wide open and slowly filling up with all sorts of clothes.

“What are you up to, Sherriff?” He asked, walking up behind her and giving her a squeeze.

“Packing!” She grinned, “I figured you did enough of that to notice.” She winked, tilting her head back and giving him a kiss on the jaw.

“I know that.” He rolled his eyes. “Where are you going?”

“Thailand!” She squealed excitedly. “I’m gonna go be a rockstar for a few weeks overseas.” She laughed. “They asked me to workshop for a few days at the Paul Mitchell World of Dance camp.” She said excitedly.

“Thailand?” He asked with a frown, wanting to be supportive, but that was pretty far away, and he was pretty needy. Besides, she had been making his pre-game sandwiches lately and he had been playing well.

“Stopping in Munich on the way over for a day, but then straight through to Thailand.” She said excitedly. “I haven’t been there since like 2011 and I seriously cannot wait to get back. Best food ever, super great kids, lots of cool sites to see.”

“I’m excited for you, babe, when did all of this come about?” He asked.

“Earlier today, Ronnie called me and asked if I’d be interested, and of course, I said I was, so she booked all my flights, hotels and security teams.” She replied, “Ronnie is seriously the best agent ever.”

“Security teams?” He asked.

“Sometimes fans get overeager, especially overseas, I have a surprisingly big fanbase there.” She explained, “it’s just easier than trying to push my way through groups of teenagers.” She finished. “Now, what do you think, red or black?” Bailey held up two sets of artfully baggy pants. “Who am I kidding? I need both.” She laughed, tossing them both over to the suitcase on the bed.

“So when do you leave and when do you get back?” Sidney tried to keep the pathetic tone out of his voice.

“Leave tomorrow morning, get back right before Thanksgiving.” She said, “wanna pick out my underwear?”


Bailey had been gone for eight days of her thirteen-day trip and He was missing her like crazy.

To: Sherriff
Hi baby, hope you had a good day. Miss you lots.


He sent off the text, not caring how needy he sounded before turning over, and brought Belle up to his chest, pulling his blanket tighter over his shoulders. He had dozed off, but half an hour later, his vibrating phone startled him awake. He smiled as he scrolled through the new batch of photos she sent over, posing with various kids ranging in age from three year old girls with pig tails and gaps in their teeth to fifteen year old boys who slick hats and outfits.

From: Sherriff
Miss you too, baby! I’m having such a great time here. You have to visit Thailand.


Sidney wasn’t surprised when the first thought that flitted through his mind was exotic honeymoon.

From: Sherriff
Check my Youtube channel! I uploaded two videos today, then go to bed, it’s late.


He shook his head with a smile at her message – she was always looking out for him.

Sidney reached for his remote, kicking up the Youtube app on his television and clicking on Bailey’s channel. She had in fact uploaded two videos that day.

He smiled all through the first, showing her teaching and laughing, enjoying her time in the city with some of her students. He loved to watch her dance, especially when she would pause, help a child with one step or another, and then continue on.

The second video looked to be just Bailey from the video preview. Pressing play, he couldn’t quite put his finger on the song he knew he recognized.

Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow out the candlelight – for tonight is just your night – were gonna celebrate all through the night.

Sidney was instantly entranced, watching as she moved across the floor, a coy smile on her face as she would occasionally look into the camera. He had to give credit to her video team, it was a very well-edited piece.

Pour the wine, light the fire, girl your wish is my command – I submit to your demands. I’ll do anything, girl you need only ask.

Sidney suddenly realized he knew exactly what the song was.

I’l make love to you – like you want me to, and I’ll hold you tight – baby all through the night, I’ll make love to you when you want me to, and I will not let go ‘till you tell me to.

Sidney adjusted himself in his pants. God, he missed her.

- - -

Sidney’s knee bounced as he sat in the uncomfortable double-wide airport chair, eyes scanning the arrivals board above the baggage claim.

Her long trips had wrapped up and she was just taking a short flight from JFK to Pittsburgh, a quick jaunt that would have her landing in five minutes. He held the passion tea lemonade from Starbucks in one hand and doubled up in the other, holding Belle’s leash as she slept on the ground and a bouquet of calla lillies.

Slowly, a handful of people began to filter through to baggage claim.

From: Sherriff
On my way!


Sidney stood, fixing the collar of his polo and running a hand through his curls before placing his hat back down on top of his head. Belle’s stub of a tail wiggled excitedly.

“She’ll be here, soon.” Sidney insisted as Belle jumped a bit, ready to see her Mom.

When Sidney looked up, his face broke out into a huge grin, seeing Bailey as she wheeled her two big suitcases behind her with a big smile on her face. Sidney set her tea down on the seat beside him along with her flowers.

“Man, I missed you, Sherriff.” He said, bringing her up into a big hug, arms tightening around her as he lifted her from her feet.

“Hi Mr. Crosby.” She giggled, happy to see her boyfriend.

“Next time, a little more warning before you travel across the world for two weeks.” He breathed into her ear. “Give me a kiss.” He demanded. She was happy to comply, pressing her lips to his excitedly. He felt something snag against his shirt. “What’s this?” He asked, frowning as he gingerly took her wrist encased in a cast in his hand.

“Little sprain here, little sprain there.” She held up the fabric of her pant leg to reveal a cast around her ankle as well. “The usual hazards.” She explained.

“Should you be walking on that?” He asked.

“Babe, you can’t carry me and my suitcases.” She grinned, kneeling down to pet Belle who was a moment away from wetting herself from happiness. “I’m fine, happens all the time.” She insisted. Sidney gladly pulled her suitcases, aware of the fact that their picture was being taken by patrons of the airport. It was hard to ignore Sidney Crosby alone, but with Bailey Bradford, there was no ignoring them.

“Are you hungry? I thought maybe we’d head to your place for a night or two, then pack up – ” Bailey cut him off with a kiss over the center console of the car she was unfamiliar with.

“Missed you.” She mumbled against his lips. “I don’t need to be at my place any longer than it takes to pack up a few clothes and some stuff for Maybelle.” She spoke of the pug. “I want to be wherever you’re most comfortable.”

“I’m most comfortable with you, but I went grocery shopping at my place and I want you there with me.” He didn’t care how selfish he sounded.

“So let’s swing by my place, fill up a bag, then head to yours.” She kissed him once more.

She tapped her foot along to the radio, holding his hand all the way until the moment she needed to unlock her front door. Sidney helped her pack, reminding her of what a boy scout he could be when he started packing t-shirts and shorts while she grabbed bras and underwear.

“And these.” He grabbed a pink pair of panties. And sometimes, he wasn’t such a boy scout.

Thirty minutes later, they were pulling up to his home, opening up the garage to reveal his little collection of toys.

“Babe, when did you pick this up?” She asked, quirking an eyebrow as she patted the center console of the new Mercedes.

“This weekend.” He grinned, making her roll her eyes.

“Boys and their toys.” She shook her head.

“I figured that if you were going to be spending more time over here, it would be nice to have a car or two at your disposal in case you have to make an errand or get to class.” Sidney replied, “I wouldn’t drag you half an hour out of the city and then make you drive all over the state because you’re staying at my place.” He finished.

“So… none of the other four cars would do?” She asked.

“This one’s really safe. And I know you like silver cars – which I don’t have.” He pointed out.

“So if I told you I liked unicorns, would you go out and glue a paper towel roll to a pony for me?” She batted her eyelashes. Sidney brought an open palm down on her ass, making her laugh as she went straight to his kitchen from the garage. Belle bolted into the house across the first floor to the informal family room where her bed was poised in front of the fireplace.

“Go change, I have dinner.” Sidney grinned, feeling pretty proud of himself.

“Lucky me.” She placed a hand on one side of his face and kissed his opposite cheek. “Be right back.” Bailey grabbed her two overnight bags from the entryway and carried them up to the master bedroom. She pulled a pair of cropped lulu lemon yoga pants, a pink sports bra, and a white tank top, changing quickly and pulling a matching black lulu headband over her head, piling her hair on top of her head.

Heading back down to the kitchen, she grinned upon seeing him plating up heaping plates of pasta with chicken, white sauce and a plate full of garlic bread.

“Baby, this looks delicious.” She said, kissing him once again, something she couldn’t stop herself from doing, as he held out her chair for her. He loved to see her in those yoga pants.

“All I had to do was heat it up, I made a lot of it before I left for the airport.” He explained. “After this, I thought we could head down to the theater, watch a movie. I already started up the fireplace down there, so it will be nice and warm by the time we’re done eating.” He suggested.

“That sounds great, Sid.” She encouraged. “So, I was thinking of attempting to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year.” She finally announced a few thoughts she had bouncing around in her head the past few days. “I’ve never done one before and since I’ve been doing a little more cooking lately, I would give it a go.” She explained.

“That sounds good, babe, when is Thanksgiving again?” He asked. “I don’t think I even know when Canadian Thanksgiving is.” He laughed.

“The twenty-seventh! In three weeks.” Bailey explained, “And I was thinking…” She took a big bite of pasta, “that maybe I would invite my family down, if you were maybe interested in coming over and meeting them.” She shrugged. Was it too early to have him meet her family? They had been together for a few months now and with the holidays coming up, she knew her family would be visiting or vice versa.

“Bails?” Sidney’s voice snapped her out of her own thoughts.

“Yeah?” She briefly met his eyes before pushing her pasta around a bit.

“Of course I want to meet your family.” Sidney smiled, putting his hand over hers on the tabletop. He set his fork down – something Sidney rarely did after he started eating. “I’m serious about you, Bails, I love you, and I want to meet your family.” He explained..

“Kay good, because I already invited them.” She winked, making him laugh and shake his head.

“I should have guessed that.” She was his little free spirit, always doing whatever pleased her on a whim.

“Also, I don’t know how to carve a turkey, and I don’t have any real desire to learn how, so you will need to be around for that part.”

Less than thirty minutes later, and with dishes loaded in the dishwasher, Bailey was bundled up on a pile of impossibly soft blankets in the Crosby theater. There were several plush chairs on tiered levels facing a large projector screen where Sidney had cued up the newest Seth Rogen movie. Bailey was stretched out on the one two-seated place in the theater, front and center.

“I have Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids.” Sidney announced, “and frozen grapes for me.” He frowned comically. She loved how he could act so against his own diet even though she had an inkling he didn’t hate it too much.

“Were you channeling like a 16-year-old Sidney Crosby fantasy when you had this two-person seat put in?” She asked with a giggle as he sat down beside her, folding his legs over the ottoman. “Hoping to get a handy when you’re watching X-Men?” She screamed in laughter when he began to dig his fingers into all the spare places he could find.

“When I was sixteen, I lived in a dorm with another guy, surrounded by guys and I was so painfully awkward as a teen, I wouldn’t know what to do with a girl if I got one alone.” He tickled her relentlessly until she finally surrendered.

“Don’t worry, you know what you’re doing now.” She grinned, kissing his neck, “get in here.” She opened up her layer of blankets and laid on top of him, tucking the edges around him. Sidney rubbed his hand up and down her back as they laid together on the sofa seat. Sidney loved Bailey’s giggle as she laughed at a corny joke. He also loved the way she would rub at the base of his neck, occasionally twirling a finger around a rogue curl.

“Ew.” Bailey crinkled her nose.

“What?” Sidney asked, making him realize that he had been watching her more than the movie.

“Anal.” She laughed, pointing at the movie where the two main characters were talking about anal sex. With no response from her boyfriend, she looked up to see his face, which reflected that of nonchalance. “Oh, please.” She rolled her eyes. “Not going to happen, Crosby.” She put it to an end, able to feel the sigh that escaped his chest.

“I think it’s something that we could have an open, intelligent conversation about.” He attempted. Bailey propped her chin up on his chest to look at him.

“Sure babe, you can put it up my butt when I can put something up yours.” She smiled sweetly, making him shiver.

“Conversation over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
long chapter for a monday.
please, please comment.
xo