Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

10

“Beau!” Bailey smiled as she watched the Californian turn the corner into the owner’s seat that night, all trussed up in his suit and carrying a coffee cup in his hand.

“Bails.” He grinned right back, happy to take the empty seat beside her, Missy occupying the chair to Bailey’s right.

“No game tonight for you?” She asked, taking a sip of her wine, looking up at him with those big, curious eyes.

“No, healthy scratch tonight, that’s what I get for being late to two practices in a row.” He blushed, embarrassed.

“Boy, you need to buy an alarm clock.” She teased.

“I know, I know.” He rolled his eyes. “Nice shirt.” He complimented, giving the long sleeve of her black Penguins shirt a tug. “I’m surprised the Captain doesn’t have you all decked out in ’87.”

“Trust me, I’m sure if he had his way, she’d have a big ‘ol ‘Property of Sidney Crosby’ tattooed across her forehead.” Missy chimed in, making Bailey roll her eyes.

“He’s not that bad.” She insisted.

“Yet.” Missy teased.

“He left for the arena about two hours before I did, so I picked out my own outfit, thank you very much.” Bailey replied. She donned a vintage Penguins hockey club long-sleeve tee, dark, skinny denim jeans, black and ivory oxford flats, and a few Alex and Ani bracelets piled onto her wrist. She did, however, sneak in a new bracelet with a little S charm to her small collection.

She was happy to have Beau sitting in the box with her and Missy that night to answer her questions about stoppage in play, minor penalties and Ice Girls.

Bailey jumped out of her seat when Sidney scored the Penguins second goal that night, bringing Pittsburgh up 2-0 over the Islanders.

“Woo!” She cheered, giving high-fives to Missy and Beau, jumping up and down as he celebrated with his teammates. “I made his peanut butter and jelly sandwich today, so I should really be taking partial credit for that goal.” She said jokingly. Missy looked to Beau before looking to Bailey.

“You made his sandwich?” She asked with a face of genuine surprise.

“Like his pre-game sandwich?” Beau asked. Bailey looked between the two and couldn’t believe how stunned they were.

“Yeah I made his sandwich on his special bread, with his special peanut butter and a little bit of his precious jam.” She laughed, watching as their faces stayed serious. “You guys are freaking me out.” She insisted.

“Sid’s very… superstitious.” Missy trailed.

“Sid’s like crazy superstitious.” Beau corrected, “and he’s very serious about his p b & j. So he must be pretty serious about you.” He finished. Bailey blushed and leaned further back in her seat as she took another sip of her wine, a coy smile on her face.

After the second period, Missy and Bailey linked arms as they wandered through the suite level concourse, looking for a bite to eat even though they had plenty of food offered to them in the owner’s box.

“Mm, hot dog.” Missy grinned.

“French fries.” Bailey reinforced.

“Slushie.” Missy added.

“Yes.” Bailey agreed. Loaded down with snacks, they made their way back to the box, setting down their food and Beau immediately dove into Bailey’s fries. “Hey, hey, hey. Cut out.” She defended her treat. “You’re going to get fat and slow and then they’ll scratch you again.”

Beau frowned, grabbing two more fries before slumping back in his seat. By the end of the third period, the Penguins were up 5-1 over the Islanders, and the boys were pumped. Sidney had no hesitation in walking right up to Bailey in the family lounge of the arena and planting a big kiss on her lips.

“Crosby! We’re going out!” James howled, the forward netting two goals and an assist earlier that night.

“Not with a game tomorrow, we’re not.” He insisted. “I’m going home with my girlfriend.” He laughed, “and you should do the same.” He gave his teammates a stern look. “I don’t want to see anyone lagging tomorrow night.” He insisted. Bailey rolled her eyes, taking her hand in his as they strolled through the concourse.

“Babe, the door is back that way.” She pointed.

“I know, but I walk this way to get to the other door.” He explained, giving her hand a squeeze.

“Oh dear Lord.” Bailey’s nose instantly crinkled, putting her hand over her mouth as she looked up at Sidney. “Never ever come home smelling like this.” She insisted.

“I know, we’re coming up on away locker rooms.” He laughed, “don’t worry, one day, you’ll get used to the smell.” He winked.

“Crosby!” The pair looked over their shoulder to see John Tavares approaching. Sidney had nothing against John; they played on Team Canada together at the Olympic Winter Games, and had trained together in the offseason briefly two years ago.

“John.” Sidney shook the man’s hand. “Good game.” He said with a small smile.

“Yeah, about that…” John joked.

“John, this is my girlfriend, Bailey. Bailey, this is John Tavares, he is the Captain of the Islanders.” He explained.

“Nice to meet you, John.” Bailey smiled charmingly, those dimples making an appearance once again.

“You as well.” John assured. “Have we met before?” He asked.

“No, I don’t believe we have.” She shook her head.

“You look very familiar.” He continued.

“Oh, well, I’ve done work on a few reality shows.” She blushed, “that could be it.” She explained, Sidney squeezing her hand in his big paw.

“That’s it.” He nodded, “I’ve seen you on TV before. Hey, Sid, good game, Bailey, great to meet you.” He grinned, taking her hand once again. John Tavares was cute and had an awfully charming smile. As Sidney and Bailey turned and continued along their walk, Sidney wasn’t shy about sliding his hand down into her back pocket. Looking back, he caught Jon staring. John gave Sidney a thumbs-up, making the Captain chuckle.

“What?” Bailey asked, looking up at her boyfriend.

“Nothing.” He shook his head. “Love you.”

“Love you, too.” She smiled, happy to kiss him once again. “Take me home, I’m all jazzed up and I’m going to sugar crash soon.” She explained, making him laugh. “Too much excitement and too much wine.”

Thirty minutes later, Sidney was happily undressing his girlfriend in her bedroom.

“Arms up.” He said, peeling her shirt off of her body.

“Mm, I wanna get in that bed.” She sighed dramatically. Sidney pulled a baggy t-shirt over her head. “Like how are you even standing right now? I’m exhausted from watching you skate, I can’t imagine how tired you are.”

“I’ll make it.” He insisted, grinning as she started unbuttoning his dress pants. “Get under those blankets, I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Kay.” She wasn’t going to argue. Scurrying under the blankets, she curled up into a little ball, regretting not turning the heat up higher before taking off for the game earlier in the night.

“Coming.” Sidney announced after he folded his suit over the back of her vanity chair. He slid under the blankets, curling up around her. Bailey turned to her other side, pressing her nose into the base of Sidney’s neck, all but purring as he held her tightly to his body, keeping her warm. She pressed a kiss to his collarbone.

“Night, Sherriff.”

- - -

It was amazing to Bailey how different the boys were on nights they won versus nights they lost. After a 6-1 loss to the Rangers, Sidney quietly kissed Bailey after the game and took her hand once again. They made their usual way back around the lower concourse to the exit.

When the visiting team filed out of the visitor’s locker room, Bailey moved her hand from his to his bicep, leaning her head against his shoulder.

“You know what sounds good?” She asked, looking up at him through her thick lashes.

“What’s that, babe?” He asked, looking down at her with a small, sad smile.

“Pizza, garbage, with a wheat crust.” She explained. “I want a big, hot pizza, and I want to eat it in our bed, in our underwear. Draw the blinds closed, sleep in tomorrow, and binge watch Orange is the New Black.” She turned, clasping her hands behind his neck. “We don’t have to leave my apartment all day,” she brushed her fingers through the soft hairs just under his hairline. “We can do whatever you want to do.” She continued, completely ignoring the small parade of suit-clad men filing past them, but she could definitely feel their eyes on her.

“That sounds… perfect.” Sidney agreed, “but we also need to work a little hockey into that. There’s a big game on Saturday between the Kings and the Blackhawks.” He said quietly, completely entranced as her fingers lightly tugged at the fine hairs.

“No, no hockey. You can check twitter periodically, but no hockey on TV this weekend.” She insisted. “You’ll have to fight me for the remote.” She winked.

Sounds like something I might enjoy. Sidney thought to himself. Sidney was not discreet in sliding both of his hands down her back pockets, keeping his eyes trained on hers as the Rangers finally finished up and left the arena. He had no shame in letting them all know that they may have gotten a pants-down spanking that night, but he was still going home with the most beautiful girl there.

“Okay, boss.” He grinned, leaning down to kiss her once more. On their way back to the car through the concourse, Sidney spotted someone important to him, and was excited to finally introduce Bailey. “Mario!” He called, causing the man to stop and turn around.

“Hey Sid, heading home?” He asked. Bailey was happy to meet one of Sidney’s friends – and an attractive one at that. “You must be Miss Bailey.” He smiled brightly at the girl who was attached to Sidney by the palm.

“Nice to meet you, Mario.” She smiled full wattage, her dimples making their debut.

“What are you kids up to tonight?” Mario asked, thrilled to see his billet-son so excited and seemingly content to be with the beautiful, young girl.

“Sounds like a pizza and some TV is in our future tonight, laying low.” Sidney said, smiling down at Bailey.

“I really have to reign this one in from going out every night and partying.” She teased with a wink, causing Mario to laugh, knowing full-well Sidney was the furthest thing from a party animal.

“Keep an eye on him, Bailey.” Mario encouraged. “You two have a good night, I’m sure I’ll see you around.” He smiled again. “Drive safe.”

Sidney raised a hand to wave goodbye before Mario turned and walked away. He brought their joined hands up to his mouth, giving her hand a kiss.

“He liked you.” He grinned.

“Of course he did, I’m delightful.” She replied, making him roll his eyes, tugging her closer to his body before kissing her once again. Sidney had never felt himself be so carefree and so effortlessly happy with a woman before. He knew his parents would like her, he wasn’t afraid to be seen in public, because she had to be careful of the public eye as well, and he certainly couldn’t get enough of her.

They had only officially been together for less than four months now, but he knew he was going to be in this for the long haul.

“I need to stop eating arena French fries and slushies.” She placed a hand on her stomach. “All it makes me want to do is eat more fries and slushies.” She sighed.

“I didn’t know that French fries and slushies were part of the dancer diet.” Sidney said, making Bailey turn and face him, dropping her jaw before balling up her fist and punching him in the arm.

“Hey!” He laughed as she continued to assault him.

“I can eat whatever I want!” She worked the body, getting in a few light jabs to his side and ribs. He caught her little fists, walking her back towards the wall behind her, pinning her there with one of his thighs.

“I’m kidding baby, you know I think your body is perfect.” He said, placing his hands on her hips. “You’re in great shape.”

“Yeah, you better keep thinking that, or I’m telling coach Dan about the double chocolate Haagen-Dazs I know is in the back of your freezer.” She raised an eyebrow, grinning as she watched Sidney’s Adam’s apple bob in his throat. “That’s right, I noticed that.”

“You eat all the fries and slushies you want, babe.” Sidney said.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” She grinned, “now take me home, order me a pizza, and I’ll let you eat your ice cream off of my body.”

Sidney tossed his head back with a laugh, wrapping an arm around her waist and hauling her up over his shoulder and walking out of the arena.

He was going to enjoy that ice cream.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm on a roll.
xo