Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

24

Sidney tried to keep the grin off of his face as he checked into the high-roller suite at the Four Season Hotel in Las Vegas. Unbeknownst to the concierge at the front desk, Bailey had her hand in Sidney’s front pocket, teasing him momentarily as she smiled up at him from behind her blue-tinted Ray Bans.

“Hi, room reservation is under Patrick Bradford.” He grinned, thankful for his own black wayfarers and plaid, military-style hat.

“Here are you keys, your luggage has already been taken up, we are happy to accommodate any request through your personal concierge, Mr. Bradford.” The receptionist smiled warmly. For the amount of money he was paying, he half expected them to pick he and Bailey up and carry them to the Presidential suite.

“Thanks.” Sidney smiled tightly, grabbing Bailey’s hand from his pocket and wandering over to the elevator. “You!” He laughed, grabbing both of her hands in one of his, backing her up to the elevator wall and kissing her lips. He love the sound of her laugh.

“Hold the elevator!” Sidney groaned as he stuck his hand out, making Bailey laugh even harder.

“Hey Crosby.” Sidney forced a tight smile upon seeing Claude Giroux, one of his least-favorite players in the league walk into the elevator.

“How’s it goin’?” Sidney asked, even though he was sure he could not care less.

“Claude Giroux.” He grinned, sticking his hand out to Bailey. She wondered if he thought that gap in his teeth and the fact that he was wearing a monogrammed trucker hat was cute.

“Bailey.” She replied, shaking his hand lightly. “What floor?” She asked, gesturing to the panel.

“Fifteen.” Claude replied, still giving her the once over. “First NHL Awards?” He asked, Sidney not too pleased with the way the Flyer was looking at his girlfriend.

“Yep, can’t wait to see this guy take home some hardware.” She placed her hand on Sidney’s chest, looking up at him with wide, Bambi eyes. “Are you up for any awards?” She asked sweetly.

“Nope, just there for the eye candy.” He winked, causing Bailey to fight the overwhelming urge to roll her eyes. She had heard Sidney curse this guy’s name a number of times over the past year. “Well, looks like this is you.” She said sweetly as the elevator doors dinged open.

“Great to meet you, Bailey.” He raised his hand, “Sid, see you around.” He nodded to her boyfriend.

“See ya.” Sidney waved. After the doors closed, Bailey looked at Sidney with wide eyes.

“What was that all about?” She asked, pretending to retch. “Ick.” She added. She was playing up her reaction a bit, but she knew Sidney would appreciate it.

“He’s…” Sidney trailed, shaking his head. “Stay away from him.” He gave her a mocking, stern look, making her giggle again. “This is us!” He said excitedly. She loved when he got excited about things.

The doors parted and Bailey gasped. The suite was incredible, and she could see two sets of stairs, signaling that it was much more than just the floor they had arrived on.

“Sidney! This is gorgeous!” She said, walking into the room with opulent furniture, dozens of bouquets of fresh flowers, and incredibly views. “Oh my gosh, look at this sitting room! There is a full kitchen in here! Do they think we’re going to make dinner in here?” She laughed, walking over to a closed set of French doors before opening them cautiously. “Sidney!” She squealed, “this master bedroom is crazy!”

Her boyfriend grinned, glad he could please her. As much as he was excited to be up for an NHL award, he was also planning on spoiling her that weekend for her birthday. She was turning 25, afterall, and that was a big year.

“This tub!” He heard her scream from the bathroom. She popped her head out. “We could fit Beau in here.” She winked, watching as he rolled his eyes. “Also, there is a bidet.” She wiggled her eyebrows, making him laugh.

She met him in the master bedroom, throwing herself down onto the luxurious California king bed.

“It’s like a hundred degrees out.” She frowned, looking to the window.

“But it’s a nice sixty-six in here.” He pointed out, “just like I asked for.”

“Oh, you Canadians.” She said wistfully, giggling as he rolled over to her intently. She slid her hand into his, their faces centimeters apart and sharing the same pillow.

“You’re beautiful.” He grinned.

“You’re pretty - so pale, so precious.” She giggled, stroking a hand down his face. “What now, Mr. Crosby?” She asked, “we’re here for four days and we have the whole city at our disposal.”

“I was thinking a nap?” He suggested, making her giggle. They had landed at about noon and Bailey had a stressful morning saying goodbye to Belle at the dogsitter’s. Missy and James, her preferred babysitters would be arriving in Vegas that afternoon, and they planned on dinner with a few of Sidney’s teammates that would be attending the awards show the next night.

“Nap then lunch, then gambling.” She wiggled her eyebrows. “I’m extremely lucky.” She pointed out. “I once won five-hundred dollars on a pull tab.” She added.

“This room is expensive, so we’re going to need the money.” He said with a serious face, making her laugh in return, and causing him to do his loud, awkward giggle.

“I haven’t seen your dress for tomorrow night.” He pointed out as he watched her sit on the edge of the bed and start undressing.

“Don’t worry, it’s pretty.” She smiled, maintaining eye contact with him as she unhooked her underwire bra. Sidney stared unashamedly as she tossed the bra across the room before pulling on her soft cotton t-shirt. She stepped out of her chinos and rolled back into the bed, snuggling under the white down comforter. “And I packed you a tie to match.” She added.

An hour later, they were both groaning as they got out of the bed.

“Do we really need to eat? Are you even hungry?” She asked as her own stomach growled. “Never mind, let’s go find mama a gyro.” She added.

Sidney went through their suitcases, deciding he was going to pick out her outfit.

“These,” he held up a pair of khaki chino shorts, “this,” he held up a blue linen button-down shirt from H&M, and “this.” He picked out a crystal statement necklace she had picked up from the J. Crew outlet.

“Good job, babe, this is something I would wear.” She praised.

“And this.” He held up a midnight blue g-string excitedly.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less.”

- - -

“Babe, if we’re still going to do the red carpet, we need to leave in 10 minutes.” Sidney called, “the car is going to be here soon.” He added.

“Two more minutes!” She called back. Sidney stood in front of the wall-sized mirror in the family room of the suite, straightening his sport coat over his shoulders and adjusting his dark blue tie above his crisp white tuxedo shirt. He slid on his watch and tucked a white pocket square into his black jacket. He could hear aerosol being sprayed in the bathroom and when he turned back to grab his bill fold, she was standing in the doorway of the master suite, looking out at him.

“Holy…” He gulped. She was wearing a floor-length midnight blue dress with a plunging neckline that separated the top half of the dress into two sections, each coming down from a wide shoulder strap to cover her breasts, but they did not meet until eight inches above her bellybutton. There were Swarovski crystals concentrated at her shoulders, which thinned out as they travelled down the chiffon of her dress. Her hair was tied back in an elegant chignon with a few loosely curled tendrils around her face, framing her smoky eyes and red lips. She smiled up at him, her dimples appearing and looping right around his heart, tugging painfully. “You’re gorgeous.” He was still at a loss.

“Thanks, handsome.” She blushed. “Good enough for a red carpet?” She asked.

“Way better, let’s just sneak in the back.” He added, making her giggle.

“Look at my shoes!” She said, lifting the hem of her wispy dress to reveal her black Louboutins that he had gifted her for Christmas that winter.

“Very nice.” He complimented. “I maybe have one more thing for you.” He said, turning to the coffee table of the family room, grabbing the red, Cartier box.

“Sidney, you did not.” She gasped, recognizing the timeless logo anywhere.

“Just a little something for our big night.” He shrugged, making her swoon as he referred to it as their night. He opened the box to reveal a stunning diamond tennis bracelet that would look perfect on her dainty wrist.

“This is amazing.” Her eyes blinked up at him, still shocked that he would do that for her.

“Happy birthday, Sherriff.” He winked, making her grin.

“It’s beautiful, thank you so much.” She placed her hands on the lapels of his jacket before kissing his cheek, glad to not leave any red lipstick on his alabaster skin. “Come on, I’m excited to show you off.” She winked, grabbing her clutch. “Do you think we can get someone to take our photo?” She asked.

“Dressed like that? I don’t think there will be any shortage of photos taken.” He laughed, “you’re the first person I’ve ever taken on the red carpet other than my sister.” He blushed as they stood in the elevator.

“I’m so proud of you, baby.” She turned to face him in the elevator. “No matter what happens, you’re an incredible man.” She puckered her lips at him. Sidney ducked down to kiss her lips just before the elevator stopped at another floor.

“Well hello.” The two broke apart to reveal someone that Bailey knew Sidney absolutely detested – Wayne Simmonds.

“Whoa, hello.” They broke apart at his voice. “Holy shit, Crosby, is this your date?”

What a gentleman. Bailey narrowed her eyes.

“Girlfriend, actually.” She supplied sweetly, watching as his eyes widened.

“Girlfriend?” He looked so surprised.

“And you are?” She asked, extending her arm.

“Wayne.” He shook it lightly.

“So nice to meet some of Sidney’s friends.” She replied, hearing her boyfriend chuckle behind her.

“Nice to find out that Crosby likes women.” He laughed, making her furrow her brow, reminding herself that she could not pull a Solange Knowles and beat this man in the elevator.

“Maybe I’ll see you at the show.” He smiled. While he was cute, he was also the enemy.

She gave him one parting smile as the elevator finally reached the lobby, looping her arm through Sidney’s as they walked to where their town car was already waiting to take them to the show.

“What was that all about?” She frowned as they parted from the hotel.

“Nothing, he was just being a dick.” Sidney squeezed her hand in his. “There were rumors going around at the start of my career that because I never was seen with women… that I was gay.” He rolled his eyes.

“People are idiots.” She kissed his cheek. “And it’s the male population’s loss.” She winked, making him laugh. “Don’t worry, I know I look pretty alright tonight, no one is going to think that after they see us together.” She winked. He brought their conjoined hands up to his mouth to kiss the back of hers. A few moments later, they were pulling up to the red carpet, and to say that people were buzzing about Bailey Bradford arriving with Sidney was an understatement entirely.

She was comforted to have Sidney’s hand on her lower back as they posed for photos and she waited patiently when he would stop to sign autographs and field questions from various microphone stops along the way.

“And with Sidney Crosby tonight is the absolutely stunning Bailey Bradford, Bailey, who are you wearing?” Alyonka Larionov questioned Bailey.

“The dress is Yves Saint Laurent.” She replied with a demure smile.

“Gorgeous, but you have to expect an exceptional man like Sidney Crosby to have a breathtaking date like this.” She joked. In a very rare moment, Sidney tried his hand at humor in the public spotlight.

“Trust me, she’s way out of my league.” He wrapped an arm around her waist. The two made it to the end of the runway, and Bailey had managed to get an usher to take a photo of the two of them. They found their way to their seats, relieved to see that James and Missy would be sitting right beside them. There was still another twenty minutes until they’d ask the floor audience to take their seats, so they wandered to the back of the auditorium where there was an open bar.

Sidney ordered a bourbon, and a glass of moscato for his girlfriend, then they hovered around a tall table, an arm wrapped around the small of her back as she stood flush against his front, the two of them lost in their own world.

“Excuse me, this is a public place.” Bailey stepped back and turned to look over Sidney’s shoulder to reveal one of her favorite Penguins.

“Beau!” She smiled, giving him a big hug.

“You look like a million bucks, darlin’!” He grinned.

“You look so handsome!” She smiled, “almost as handsome as my date.” She winked. It was no surprise that so many of the players and attendees in the lounge were staring at Sidney and his date. With a drink in him, Sidney felt more comfortable in the auditorium, and with Bailey at his side, he felt invincible.

Rightfully so, Sidney won his award that night, turning to Bailey and planting a kiss on her lips after they announced his name.

People could say whatever they wanted, but he walked away feeling like he won more than just the Ted Lindsay that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
a happy chapter for you all!
because you deserve it - and so do Bailey & Sidney ;)

xo