Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

25

The morning after the awards show, both Sidney and Bailey were a little slow to get up, opting to drown themselves in the white comforter of their bed. Bailey peeped one eye open to find Sidney laughing at her.

“What?” She asked with a whine, rolling closer to him and tucking her head under the pillows.

“I warned you that trying to keep up with Geno was a bad idea.” He grinned.

“You drank like eight bourbons, how are you even alive right now?” She asked, letting him pull her body into his.

“Must be because you’re so old now, you can’t bounce back like you used to.” He said quietly, snuggling up to her back.

“You’re older than me!” She squealed, pinching his side, making him laugh. A ring of the doorbell interrupted them.

“I got it.” He got out of bed, pulling on the spa robe from the bathroom before disappearing from the bedroom. He appeared a moment later, pushing a cart in front of him.

“Oh, what’s this?” She asked as he pulled two trays out from the bottom of the cart, walking one over to her and setting another on the bed for himself. He pulled tops off of covered dishes to reveal bacon, waffles and fruit. Bailey giggled as he lit a candle in her Belgian waffle, a tiny pink ‘25’ atop the powdered sugar and whipped cream. “Sid!” She laughed.

“Happy birthday, baby.” He grinned, setting the tray down over her legs. He pulled out his cell phone and snapped photos as she held her bed-head hair back to blow out her candle.

“You didn’t have to do this.” She smiled as he got back into bed with her, sharing her whipped cream.

“I wanted to.” He smiled before she could peck his lips. They ate breakfast slowly, ready for a little downtime compared to last night After the awards show, they had their pick of clubs to go to, checking out a couple before finally calling it a night at two in the morning. Bailey was certain it was the latest either of them had ever stayed up.

The two decided to sit out in the sun for a while, Bailey changing into a black bikini and Sid into a pair of his board shorts before heading down to the pool at the Four Seasons. It was no secret that everyone was talking about Sidney Crosby’s gorgeous girlfriend, and several of people who had arrived the previous day for the show, were still hanging around Vegas the next day.

Sidney made no qualms about kissing Bailey occasionally on the pool deck, pulling her chair right up to his in front of the other patrons of the pool.

“Do you think Belle misses us?” She mumbled, the warm Vegas sun making her sleepy in her lounger.

“I’m sure she does.” Sidney grinned. It was going on about one o’clock. He figured they’d have time to head back to the hotel, take a nap, shower and eat dinner before her big surprise. He had rented out a club for the night, ordering a custom cake and making sure her friends from the team would be able to attend. After twenty minutes or so of watching some of the shenanigans around the pool, Bailey decided she was about due for a pina colada.

“Do you want something to drink? I can check if they have Powerade.” She joked.

“I’m fine.” He replied, keeping a keen on her as she wandered back to the bungalow where there was a little bar shack. His stare narrowed as Paul Bissonette, the league grocery stick, waited about three seconds to approach her as she waited at the bar. She kept her distance, gave polite smiles and motioned back over to Sidney, who happily waved to the Coyote who looked stunned.

“For you, my love.” She set down his favorite beer beside him, knowing he wanted one, but would not have asked.

“Thank you.” He smiled, taking a drink of the Canadian brew. “How’s Biz?” He asked with a laugh.

“He wanted me to take a selfie with him. I said he could take one with me and my boyfriend.” She replied, making him laugh. “To Vegas, and to Ted Lindsay.” She held up her blended drink, to which Sidney was happy to toast.

“To 25.” He added.

“To 26.” She giggled, reminding him that she was still almost two years younger than him, seeing as he was going to be turning 27 in three months’ time.

He reached out and grabbed the handle of her chair, dragging it across the cement deck so it touched the handle of his chair, making sure they were as close as possible.

“I’m excited to get home, see our baby and relax.” She grinned, “but this is heavenly. Are you sure you can’t play for the Kings or the Ducks?” She asked, making him laugh.

“Maybe they’ll pull a Gretzky and trade me to the Kings.” He joked, knowing that was never going to happen.

“The sun is nice but I would not like to live here now that I think about it.” She added, “I always try to see if I can go to New York over LA when they ask me to come film spots for shows.” She finished.

“Why’s that?” Sidney asked.

“The paparazzi here are just so much more aggressive, they’ll get in a car and chase you down. In New York, at least everyone is on foot and you can duck into places that don’t allow cameras.” She finished.

“I didn’t know you had to deal with that so much.” Sidney said, shielding his eyes from the sun with his hand.

“I almost never, ever have to in Pittsburgh.” She replied, crossing her legs. “And I like it that way.” She smiled, leaning over and pecking his lips.

“Good, because we’re going to be there for a long time.”

- - -

Sidney and Bailey were blissful as they walked Belle around the park. They had been back in Pittsburgh for two days, and he would be leaving for Florida tomorrow for the NHL Draft, but only planned on being gone for a day. They would spend another few weeks in the suburbs before heading to Nova Scotia for a few weeks.

He had surprised her with an incredible birthday party at the most popular nightclub on the strip. All of her friends were there, he had ordered a cake that was almost too pretty to eat, and she had an incredible 25th birthday. She thought maybe he had forgotten.

“So what are we going to do in Nova Scotia?” Sidney asked, swinging their hands between them like usually did.

“Well, I want to go fishing and golfing.” She began, “I’m going to drive a boat and find Belle a little Eskimo coat.” She laughed, “and I’m going to go moose watching.” She finished.

“We can do all of that.” He nodded, “I was thinking we could go camping a few nights.” He suggested, “there’s a really popular camping site not too far from my place.”

Bailey’s idea of camping involved a camper, sleeping in an enclosed space off of the ground and with plumbing. She knew that Sidney’s idea of camping was sleeping bags in a tent and peeing in the woods.

“Sure babe.” She smiled tightly.

“Don’t worry, I have a very nice tent and we can get an air mattress.” He laughed, knowing she was a little apprehensive about bugs and bears.

“I can handle it.” She insisted, “I was a child once, my dad used to take Travis and I camping when we were little. I'n just scared of ticks and leeches and bears.” She listed off as Belle chased a butterfly in front of them.

“Don’t worry, I’d be happy to check you for ticks.” He winked, making her laugh.

The next morning, she dropped him off at the airport before meeting Missy for lunch.

“Hello, Mrs. Crosby.” She grinned, making Bailey roll her eyes.

“Stop that.” She shook her head, hugging Missy.

“So what’s the mission for today?” She asked as they took their seats on the patio, perfectly aware that some people were trying their best to snap indiscreet photos of them.

“First we eat, then we go pick up Sid’s puppy.” She said excitedly. She knew he had bookmarked a few kennels on their desktop in the office and had favorited one that had a litter of puppies that were of age to be picked up. Sidney wanted a golden retriever, the same kind of dog he grew up with, and she knew he didn’t have a preference either way between a boy or a girl.

“Does he have any idea?” Missy asked.

“None.” She shook her head, “we talked about maybe getting one after we got home from Nova Scotia, but I would love to bring our little pup with us, I mean, Belle is coming.” She added. “Besides, there’s going to be plenty of room for it to run around and tire itself out.”

“I’m excited,” Missy giggled. The two talked about her Vegas birthday party and the draft, eating a quick lunch before piling into their cars. Missy followed Bailey out further from Pittsburgh towards Philadelphia, about an hour from Sewickley.

“Hi Baby.” She answered her phone.

“What are you up to?” Sidney asked.

“Just driving home from lunch with Missy, did some talk about the wedding and Canada.” She supplied, glad he couldn’t see her face. Sidney could read her like a book.

“What are your plans for the night?” He asked.

“Just a quiet night in, spend some time with my main girl, Belle, probably bake some cookies or something.” She replied, finally pulling up to the kennel. “I’m just about to pull through Starbucks, babe, can I call you back?” She asked.

“Yes, call me when you can.” Sidney replied. “Love you.

“Love you, too.” She smiled, “see you soon, Sid.” Stepping out of her car, she grabbed the leash she bought from Petsmart, sticking it in her tote. She knew she was bringing home a puppy today.

“Alright, let’s pick us a winner.” Missy said excitedly. “They know we’re coming, right?” She asked.

“Yep, I called them when we got home from Vegas.” She nodded. After meeting with the owner of the kennel, he took them out to the barn, bringing them into a small cornered off space with a welping boxes where eight perfectly adorable retriever puppies were in various stages of nap and play.

“Oh my God, I need one.” Missy gasped, looking down at the little pups who were all wearing different color collars, likely to keep them from getting genders mixed up.

“Go ahead and let me know if there are any you want to take out to the grass and run around with, see which one is the best fit for you.” The man smiled. The puppes had taken notice of their new visitors, jumping around at the edge of the wall, greeting them with big eyes and wagging tails.

A blonder pup caught Bailey’s eye, he was one of the biggest in the bunch and was wearing a little blue collar.

“Oh, can I see this little guy? Is that okay?” She reached down into the pen.

“Go right ahead.” He nodded, “that’s Zeus, but my little girls named him, you don’t need to keep that name.” He laughed. “He’s very social and very smart. He’ll grow up to be about seventy pounds is my guess.” He added, “great color and fur on him, he’ll be a real looker.” He added.

Zeus loved the person that picked him up, licking up her chin and wiggling his tail excitedly. Yes, she would do quite well.

“Come on, Zeus, chase me!” She giggled, setting him on the ground of the barn and running towards the door, which led to a big, fenced in field. The little puppy hunted the tall girl excitedly, tongue wagging in the wind and little rump shaking with his tail. She played with the dog for a little bit, already knowing he was going to be the one for Sidney. She flopped down onto the grass as he caught up to her, laughing as he trampled all over her with his big, clunky paws. “You wanna come home with me?” She asked, “oh yes, Belle is going to love you.” She giggled.

Missy had to be talked down from bringing home three puppies with her, but she was glad to play with Zeus back at the Crosby home in Sewickley. They had stopped at Petsmart and bought him a new collar, name pending, as well as chew toys, a new bed, a kennel for travelling and his own food dishes. Bailey watched apprehensively as Belle marched up to the puppy, staring at it intently before licking it from chin to snout.

“Hi baby, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.” Bailey said as she called Sidney back.

“No problem, I figured you forgot when you got home.” He laughed.

“When are you back? The house is super creepy when it’s just me and Maybelle.” She sighed, watching as the pug chased the puppy around the family room.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” He assured. “What are you up to now?” He asked.

“Getting ready to take a nap.” She ied, holding in a giggle as the puppy discovered the sliding glass window in the family room, chasing down it’s own reflection before letting out a yip.

“Was that Belle?” Sidney asked.

“Yeah, she’s being silly.” Bailey bit her lip.

“So what are you wearing?” He asked, causing her to explode into giggles.

“Mr. Crosby, just come home, okay?”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey readers!
do you like how often i've been updating?
please comment if you do :)
have a great monday!
xo