Status: New!

Love Never Felt So Good

37

“Crosby, don’t touch.” Bailey slapped his hands away from her breasts as she rode him, hands braced on his abs. “Don’t.” She slapped them again.

“Sorry, habit.” He grunted, settling his hands on her hips, hoping it would keep them from wandering up again. His eyes concentrated on the bump between them. At almost seven months, it was impossible to ignore at any point. Including during sex. “Let me.” He maneuvered her down onto her back, hooking his hands under her thighs as he slid back into her. “Kinda, awkward.” He grunted.

“I know.” She rolled her eyes.

“It’s a little weird feeling with the…” He trailed off, trying to angle his hips better.

“I know!” She huffed, rolling out from under him.

“Hey.” He frowned, still kneeling on the mattress buck-naked. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“I know I’m a cow, Crosby!” She called, walking into the closet and grabbing her short silk robe from the hook beside the closet installation, tying around her waist before removing her bra, the release of pressure making her gasp. Ever six months, her breasts were always sore.

“You’re not a cow.” He said, getting out of bed, pulling up his sleep pants. “You’re pregnant. And you’re still hot.” He added.

“Wow, charmer.” She said flatly, walking past him to the bathroom.

“That’s not what I mean.” He pressed the heel of his palm to his forehead. “I mean, I still think you’re beautiful.” He added, “I was having a great time.” He insisted, “come on, come back to bed.” He leaned in the doorway of the bathroom.

She looked over at him before reaching into the shower and starting the water, effectively squashing his hopes of her getting back into bed with him.

“Talk to me.” He said quietly.

“I don’t want to talk. I’m grumpy, I’m starving, my nipples are fucking killing me, my back hurts, I have heartburn like a 55-year-old man and all I want right now is enough sushi to put out Japan out of business.” She rattled off. “But instead, I’m going to get in the shower, I’m going to wash my hair, blowdry and find a pair of my yoga pants that I can still get over my giant ass.” She said with finality, getting into the shower and closing the glass door behind her.

Sidney sighed, running a hand through his hair before turning his back to the bathroom, pulling on actual clothes and grabbing his car keys – his erection effectively killed by his moody wife.

He was at least going to try to do as much as he could to make her feel better. He knew that she probably left a few things off of her list of annoyances that had to do with him lately, so he owed her that much.

Passing Sadie’s nursery, he poked his head inside. The light walls were a soft pink, opposite the crib, which was outfitted with soft pink sheets, sat a chocolate brown recliner and ottoman.

On the recliner was a little stuffed teddy bear, a deep brown with a pink bow around its neck and a soft chenille throw blanket. He was already imagining all the hours we was going to undoubtedly spend in that recliner.

His first stop was Walgreens. Taking in a deep breath, he walked right up to the pharmacy counter. Thankful to see it was an older man whose eyes didn’t flash right away when he greeted him.

“My wife is pregnant and uh…” Sidney was never the most eloquent person. He held his hands up in front of his chest, mimicking breasts. “Her, uh… boobs are really sore, is there anything…?” He trailed, hoping the man would catch on.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got what you’re looking for.” He cut Sidney off, stepping out from behind the counter. Sidney followed him down the family planning aisle, grabbing him a tube of cream and handing it to the captain. “Use as directed, you can thank me later.” He assured. Sidney smiled in relief.

Quickly paying for the cream and a box of Kit Kat bites, his next stop was the grocery store where he stocked up on pregnancy-safe sushi with all cooked ingredients and vegetable rolls. He knew it wasn’t the salmon sashimi she craved, but it would at least help curb her appetite. He also managed to snag a bottle of Johnson and Johnson’s baby oil, something he was going to put to use later.

He was only gone for forty minutes when he returned to the house, Bailey was staring into the fridge with a forlorn expression. She closed the door when she heard Sidney enter the kitchen.

“Hi.” She said, a guilty look on her face. “Sorry I freaked out at you.” She said quietly. He smiled softly at his track pants that clung to her pregnant belly.

“It’s okay. You are growing an actual human inside of you, I’m pretty sure that gives you a pass to say whatever you want.” He said, setting the bags on the counter.

“What’s that?” She asked.

“Bought some baby-safe sushi and something for your nips.” He said proudly. “No raw fish, no cream cheese, no jalapeno and no spicy mayo.” He listed off. “Only veggies, rice, eel sauce, cooked shrimp and cooked crab.” He added.

“When you’re so nice it makes me feel even worse for being a psycho.” She groaned, dropping her head onto his chest. “Thank you.” She mumbled, letting her eyes close as he rubbed her back. “Also, sorry about your boner.” She added, making him laugh.

“Come on, let’s get your nipples set up and we’ll eat lunch.” He encouraged.

“You’re the best.” She sighed. Twenty minutes later, they were cuddled up in bed, Sidney’s eyes casually glancing at her breasts as she was naked under an open zip-up sweatshirt. She had let him very carefully apply the soothing cream to her breasts and now they were sharing a few trays of sushi. When she was finally satisfied, she laid back on the bed, one arm behind her head as the other rubbed her belly thoughtfully.

“How much longer?” He asked, willing his cock to calm down as he tried to enjoy a comfortable moment with his wife.

“Threeish more months.” She said, rubbing a finger in a tiny circle around her bellybutton.

“I’m so impatient.” He mumbled, laying down on his stomach, head resting into the notch between her breasts and her baby bump. “I just wanna see her now.” He insisted.

“I know, me too.” She agreed, “and I want to drink like 3 giant cups of coffee at once, I want sushi with raw fish and I want deviled eggs. Like a flatbed truck of deviled eggs.” She added, making him laugh.

“I can’t wait to hold her.” He mumbled. “I can’t wait to meet you, baby girl.” He said to her tummy, rubbing his hand over it slowly. “Hurry up and get out here, we have stuff to do.” He added.

“Sid.” Bailey laughed. “She’s not done cooking yet.” She reminded.

“I know, but I want to take her up to the lake house, out on the boat, in the pool, fishing, golfing, camping – everything.” He sighed.

“You will, I promise.” Bailey kissed his head.

- - -

“Look, there’s Mommy, look how pretty she is.” Sidney said as he bounced lightly from side to side, holding his tiny, perfect daughter in his arms. “Hi Mommy.” He smiled down at Bailey who slowly stretched awake. It was their first morning home from the hospital and Sidney was truly obsessed. He was with Ms. Sadie Grace Crosby every waking moment of the day.

Thankful for the week and a half stretch of home games since their arrival, Sidney and Sadie were attached at the hip. So far, only family had visited them in the hospital. He enjoyed every second of seeing his hard ass father in law reduced to a puddle at the sight of his first granddaughter.

Completely bald with huge brown eyes, Sadie was a perfect mix of her mother and father. He could only begin to wonder the kind of traits she was going to show as she got older and older.

“Good morning, Mommy.” He greeted Bailey with a soft kiss. “We’re here for breakfast.” He smiled, holding a diaper-clad Sadie in his arms. “What do you want to eat? I’ll make anything.”

Bailey sat up in bed slowly, her c-section scar irritated just slightly.

“Can I just get a big glass of ice water and a big bowl of fruit?” She asked, taking her daughter carefully as she sat up against the headboard. “And will you hand me a rag?” She asked. Sidney complied quickly, darting into the nursery to pick up a clean, soft burping rag. “Thanks baby.”

“I’ll be right back with fruit.” He kissed her again. Sidney’s affection levels were at an all time high. Bailey smiled down at Sadie’s pink little face as she nursed, eyes closed and a perfect little yellow bow on her head thanks to the headband Daddy must have slid on that morning. He wouldn’t admit it, but he loved to dress her up like a little doll. That, and a tiny Penguins fan, she noted as he looked over the little black onesie with a vintage Penguins logo on the tummy – along with matching little soft booties. A few minutes passed, Bailey humming softly as she caressed Sadie’s little cheeks.

“Breakfast for two.” Sidney said quietly, walking into the room with a big ice water, a coffee for himself and two heaping bowls of melon and berries.

“You’re the best.” Bailey smied. “She just finished, do you wanna burp?” She asked. Sidney nodded excitedly, setting the bed tray down and carefully picking up the fussy baby.

“Hi baby, hi, Daddy’s here.” He cooed, placing her on his chest as he situated the rag in case her breakfast came up. “Are you going to burp for Daddy?” He asked, patting her gently and bouncing on his heels. Bailey grinned as she settled her big bowl of fruit in her lap and took a drink of his piping hot coffee. “Are you going to burp for Daddy?” He asked again. Sadie made the tiniest of noises, gurgling softly as Sidney smiled triumphantly. Bailey propped up a pillow, nesting it just right so Sidney could situate her softly on top of it after wiping her mouth carefully.

They enjoyed their breakfast in pure silence as they just stared at their daughter.

She was perfect.

Two hours later, as Sadie napped and after Sidney helped Bailey with a shower and into clean clothes - even helping her with her hair as lifting her arms proved to irritate her healing incision, there was a knock on the front door. Sidney’s face broke into a grin as Marc Andre Fleury’s comically large smile appeared in his doorway.

Bonjour, mon ami.” He greeted, “pro tip, disable the doorbell.” He laughed. Vero bustled in right after him, demanding to see Bailey and the baby. Bailey was sitting in the master bedroom on the soft chairs on the western wall that were angled towards the television. Vero was up the stairs in ten seconds flat.

“How’s it going?” Marc asked.

“It’s going really well.” Sidney nodded, “Bailey is healing well, laying low, Sadie is great, very healthy, good eater.” He finished.

“Good, good.” Marc grinned, still so excited for his good friend.

“Come on, come meet her.” Sidney ushered him up the stairs to the third floor. A bright light from the windows filtered into the room, spotlighting Vero Fleury as she held a sleeping Sadie in her arms, rocking her gently as the little girl sucked on her pacifier contently.

“Who gave her a baby?” Marc joked quietly.

“Shh.” Vero scolded with a smile, “look how pretty.” She gushed. “quelle petite fille parfaite, si belle!

“Don’t forget we have some of our own already at home.” Marc reminded gently, though he and Vero agreed that they would not be having any more children now that they had a boy and a girl – what they always wanted. “Bonjour, Maman.” He walked over to Bailey in her plush chair, giving her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

“Hi Marc.” She smiled in return. “How are the kids?” She asked. Sidney watched as she interacted with his good friend. Soon, Missy and James would be there followed by Mario and Natalie to see how Mom and baby were doing. His eyes snapped to Sadie as she made the smallest noise of discontent, waving her arms as her face scrunched up and turned pink.

“I’ll take her,” he rushed over, carefully plucking the little girl from Vero’s arms, not really considering the fact that she was already a pro at handling fussy babies. Vero looked over to Bailey with a grin as Sidney held Sadie to his chest, bouncing softly and pressing kisses to her temple. “I’m gonna go check her diaper,” he said, gracefully ducking out of the room with his best friend.

“Well that’s cute.” Vero laughed.

“It’s non-stop with him. He’s enough of a concerned, first-time parent for both of us.” She laughed, taking a drink of her coffee.

Over in the nursery, Sidney hummed along as Sadie’s eyes glued to him, moving about as he quickly changed her diaper, powdering and kissing her little toes before snapping her back into her onesie.

“All better, huh, baby?” He asked. “Don’t worry, Daddy took care of it.” He kissed her little cheek. “Daddy will take care of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a little fluffy chapter for you!
Sadie has arrived! And Sidney is a Daddy!
a smaller time-jump for the next chapter.
this is already the longest story i've ever written for Mibba and i have no immediate plans to end it, so let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see happen with the Crosby family.
have a great friday!
xo