Status: In the works!

Between Two Cities

Chapter 2

“Okay boys wrap it up!” I heard Lindy Ruff yell. For the past three hours I’ve been sitting up in the press box observing the Training Camp and watching the players. I was beyond exhausted and three iced coffees didn’t settle for me. When I saw that all the players were leaving the ice to head to the showers, I organized all my paperwork and rosters and sat back feeling relieved that day one was over. My silence was interrupted by James Patrick, the assistant coach of the Stars.

“Hey James.” I said to him. James was the only person I had a good feeling about. He was down to earth and honest with me all the time. Hell he even told me about what was going down with Loui and the trade.

“So who do we have so far for our guys.” James asked.

“Jamie definitely, Shawn, Jordie, Kari, mostly our regulars from last season; there’s a couple prospects we can keep but that’s up to our oh so wonderful head GM.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“Well what about Seguin?” James asked. I frowned at him when he said Tyler’s name.

“I hate to say it but it’s obvious that he’s gonna be a huge part of our team. I mean, have you seen his numbers for the regular season with Boston? Outstanding!” James continued.

“James during the regular season he’s a superstar but have you seen his numbers for playoffs? No more than six goals at all. He’s lucky if he even scores a goal during playoffs.” I said.

“You really don’t like him, do you Millie?” James asked me sitting down next to me.

“No, I don’t. He’s trouble. I already had to give him the AHL threat. Plus he’s a party animal, James. Have you seen the pictures? Have you seen his TWEETS?” I said putting emphasis on the tweets part.

“You’ll change him, Millie. You changed Loui, you changed Reilly and you sure as hell changed Jamie.” I smiled when he said Jamie. The truth was, James was the only person to know about him and I being together. We refuse to let anyone else know mainly because I’m not allowed to date any of the players because I work with them. Well, Loui knew about us but that was it. James was like my second father so he knew how much Jamie meant to me.

“Speaking of Jamie, I’m not saying this because of how close we are but I really think Jamie should be Captain this year.” I said.

“Okay, I’ll talk to Lindy.” James said to me.

“Okay good because if I were to talk to him it would end in an all out scream-off.” I laughed a little.

“See you tomorrow, Millie.”

“Bye!” I said. I grabbed my stuff and headed down to the main floor.

“Hey, here’s my flash-drive it has today’s story on it I need you to just go through it and then upload it onto the Stars Blog.” I stopped when a flashdrive was handed to me by one of the writers for the Dallas Stars blog. Another thing keeping me away from my pillow and warm blankets, I thought. I sighed and nodded at the worker then walked down to my office.
I dropped the files and the rosters onto the desk and I was once again rudely interrupted by someone.

“You coming out tonight?” the familiar voice asked. I turned around to see Lindy standing at the door.

“Why would I go out tonight and with you for that matter?”

“Well you are apart of the decision so, we’re gonna need you to give input on who stays and who goes.”

“Everything is on the desk. The boys that are highlighted made it through the first cut the ones who aren’t are heading down; there, final decision is made.” I angrily walked past Lindy and headed out of the arena finally. Before I could even drive out of the parking lot I heard my passenger’s seat door open and it was none other than Tyler entering my car. He sat in the seat with a glare.

“Um, excuse me what the hell are you doing here?” I asked.

“We need to talk.” Tyler said.

“Once again, excuse me?” I replied.

“Look, I’m a sarcastic asshole. I’m sorry you took that compliment so personally..” Tyler said.

“Seguin, you gave me a terrible first impression. Because of your antics, my brother got traded.” I said. Okay I knew he wasn’t a fit for Boston that’s why he was traded but I needed SOME reason to be pissed at him. I hate him.

“Mill-“

“Go bug someone else.” I said starting my car.

“Come on, I’m not that bad!” Tyler said. I grunted and rolled my eyes.

“Too late to prove that. Let me remind you that I’m the assistant General Manager here in this
organization and I can have you sent down to the AHL immediately.” I snapped.

“You can’t do that, you need the coach’s permission AND the HEAD General Manager’s position.”

“Well they never include me on any of their decisions so I shouldn’t have to include them. Now get out of my car I need to go home.” I said. Tyler scowled then got out of the car, slamming the door.

“Such a fucking child.” I said. I began backing out of the parking lot only to be stopped AGAIN. This time I didn’t mind. When Jamie got to my window I slid it down and looked at him with an annoyed look.

“You look grumpy…” Jamie said.

“Jamie, I’m running on zero hours of sleep right now I’m just a little cranky.” I said.

“Go home, go to bed, I’ll be there tonight so we can have our Disney Movie date.”

“Yes the Disney movies, no to the sleep. I have a story to revise and get up on the Stars website.” I said holding up the flashdrive. Seconds later, Jamie had it in his hands and he looked around then he smiled.

“Hey, Kelly!” Jamie called over Kelly Forbes, my boss. Well yeah, I’m the director of Communications in the Org. but he was the big cheese with Communications.

“Yeah what’s up?” Kelly said walking up to the car.

“Millie is running on no hours of sleep, can you do the stories for her today?” Jamie asked.

“Yeah sure just make sure you get sleep and you’re all set.” Kelly smiled. I sighed in relief.

“Thanks, Kelly.” I said.

“Sure thing! Oh I got to take this!” Kelly walked off to answer his phone.

“Sleep. You’ve done enough today. Tonight, it’s you, me, Disney movies and Chinese food.” Jamie said. I sighed again and smiled at him.

"Heaven.” I said. I pecked him quickly making sure no one was looking.

“Bye.” I said and finally drove home to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy this!! :)