Status: In the works!

Between Two Cities

Chapter 6

“Here, these were in the Coach’s office. He said you could use them today.” Reilly told me as he gave me a pair of skates. I smiled, took them, and began putting them on. Reilly sat next to me and began putting his on. These ones weren’t too bad. Not too big, not too small, just right. I laced them up tight and stood up. I examined them on my feet and did a few small jumps and nodded.

“Good enough.” I said. I walked to the door and waited for Reilly to finish putting his skates on. He was always slow. When he was in Dallas I was basically yelling at him to hurry up. I decided to go easy on him today though and just looked around the Boston Bruins Locker room. It was big, bright, and very clean. The Spoked B lay in the middle of the floor and the outside of it had a hockey rink shape that stretched through the room.

“This is a beautiful Lockerroom.” I said to Reilly as he stood up.

“I know, I love it. Have to admit I like this one more than the one in Dallas.” He said to me. I chuckled a bit and gave the room a second glance. Reilly was right, this one was far more bigger than the Stars Lockerroom.

“Ready?” Reilly broke my trance. I snapped out of it and looked at him.

“You’re pretty into this room, huh?” He asked me. I looked at him and sarcastically sighed.

“It was beautiful okay?” I said laughing.

“Anyway, yeah, I’m ready.” Reilly stuck out his hand and I grabbed it as my best friend lead me out of the room and down the tunnel. We got on the ice and boy it was beautiful. I had been to the TD Garden dozens of times for when Dallas played against Boston. I stood at the door opening and put my foot on the ice. Everyone’s eyes were on me and it was silent. I looked at them in confusion.

“What?” I said. The next thing I knew I was off my feet and over someone’s shoulders. It took me a moment to realize it was Loui was carrying me over his shoulder. I kept shouting his name and laughing at the same time. I opened my eyes after having them squeezed shut and saw something in Loui’s pocket. It was his wallet… and it had his embarrassing picture from the Halloween Party in it. I smiled and silently laughed and pulled his wallet out slowly. Loui finally let me down and I laughed as I skated away.

“Hey guys I want to show you something!” I said to everyone. I noticed that Loui started patting around his pockets and stuck his hand in one. He finally noticed that his wallet was gone.

“Where the hell is my… Millie give that back.” Loui started skating toward me. I started pulling out the picture and then he began to chase me.

“Uh-Oh..” I said. Then I started skating as fast as I could.

“GUYS GET MY WALLET SHE HAS MY WALLET!” Loui yelled. I started skating towards Brad and Shawn and they put their arms out to see if they could catch me. I ducked under their arms and laughed as they both fell on eachother. I looked at them trying to get up and turned back around only to be almost stopped by Adam and Johnny about to do the same thing Brad and Shawn just did. I leaned back as far as I could and glided under their arms. I laughed harder than I did before and then overheard someone saying “I GOT HER AT THE DOOR!” I rolled my eyes and skated toward the door as fast as I could then grabbed the wall and jumped over it and started running down the tunnel.

“Seriously man?!” I heard someone yell. I ran into the lockerroom and locked the doors and took my skates off as fast as I could. I put on my boots quickly and walked to the door. I turned the lights off, opened the door then slammed it as hard as I could. I stuck my ear up to the door.

“She’s not in the lockerroom!” I heard a voice say. I silently cheered and waited for the coast to be clear. Once I heard no noises I quietly exited the lockerroom. I walked upstairs into first floor and saw what looked like Reilly and Dougie trying to look for me. I thought about my tactic then decided it was time to mess with the silly boys. I pulled my hair tie out and let my hair hang loose and I unzipped my jacket a little.

“Oh boys…” I said. They looked at me and didn’t even move. Instead, they examined me up and down; their mouths silently saying “woah”. I bit my lip and started unzipping my jacket more and they walked closer to me. I started walking backwards towards a small closet. I looked to my side and saw a janitors cart and had a brilliant idea.

“Come here boys.” I said. Dougie and Reilly were both five inches in front of me. I backed up a little more to get them in front of the small closet. I unzipped my jacket more then unzipped it all the way revealing my Dallas Stars long sleeve shirt that had Jamie's last name and his number on the back of it.

“Psych! Dumbasses!” I said pushing the two of them in the closet then shutting the door. I pulled the Janitor’s cart in front of the door and cackled as I started running away with Loui’s wallet still in my hand. The only reason I took the wallet was to show everyone that embarrassing picture of him but now playing this game of catch is getting fun. Plus messing with the guys was more entertaining than what I had to deal with in Dallas.

I got to the second floor of the TD Garden and had to stop to catch my breath. I could hear a couple guys approaching and I started running again. Unfortunately for me, they saw me before I booked it and started chasing me. When I got to the end of the hall I saw Patrice and Loui running toward me trapping me between them and whoever was behind me. The only way I had out was an entrance to the arena. I turned and started running towards the stairs.

“NOW!” I heard someone say from above. I looked up and all I saw was clear liquid being poured from a large bucket. It was too late to move away and the water hit me and got me soaked. My hair, my clothes and my shoes were soaked and I felt my make-up running down my face.

“Nice try losers! You’re still not gonna get your wallet, big brother.” I said laughing getting the wet hair out of my face.

“Where’s the wallet, Millie?!” Loui asked.

“Idiots. I put it in the lockerroom, duh.” I lied.

“Then why’d you make us chase you?!” Adam asked.

“Because playing run and chase is a fun way to keep myself entertained. Sure as hell entertained Dougie and Reilly.” I said.

“Yeah where are they by the way?” Shawn asked.

“In a closet.” I said. We all laughed and then they ran away to go get the wallet and probably Dougie and Reilly. But mostly the wallet. I laughed at them and pulled out the wallet from my pocket and sat down on one of the seats. I looked through the wallet and saw that his picture wasn’t even in there. Why was Loui so protective of his wallet then? I began looking through the wallet even more and then I found folded up pieces of paper. I pulled them out and opened them and saw black ink on them.

Millie Eriksson,

We’ve noticed your successful double jobs with the Dallas Stars and after speaking with the Board and Staff about your abilities to deliver great tasks and intriguing stories to the fans, we are willing to bring you up here with your brother Loui and hire you for a full time Directors position in our Communications Department. By the end of one full year your annual salary will be a total of 160,410. 35 and your benefits include discounts on all products sold by the Boston Bruins Organization, Suite Seating for all games in the Pre/Present/Post Season and full access to the TD Garden whenever you please.

Please get back to us as quick as you can if you are willing to accept this position.

Sincerely,
Cam Neely (VP)

“What?” I said. I pulled out the second piece of paper and began reading.

Mr. Cam Neely

Thank you very much for your consideration and your request but I am happy where I am in Dallas, Texas working for the Stars Organization. Again, thank you. Should the opportunity come up again and I am looking I will gladly take the position. Now is just not the time.

Millie Eriksson

“What the hell? I didn’t write this!”