Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 7

JOSH POV:

I had just finished brushing my teeth and was about to go to bed when I heard a knock on the door. I looked at the time on my phone to see it was 11:30. It couldn’t be mom ‘cause she wouldn’t knock. I walked down the stairs, headed to the door hoping it wasn’t a crazy serial killer or something.

When I opened it I didn’t expect it to be Oliver standing there with his head hung low and I didn’t expect him to fall forward and embrace me in a hug the moment I opened the door.

I just stood there for a couple of seconds before wrapping my arms around him and holding him close to me, wondering why he decided to come and knock on my door this late.

We stood there for a couple of minutes before he pulled away, keeping his eyes on the ground and avoided mine. I sucked in a breath when I noticed the tear streaks down his cheeks and his puffy red eyes.

“Are you okay?” I asked carefully.

Of course he wasn’t, he’s been crying you idiot.

Oli shook his head slowly, still not looking at me.

I stepped to the side, telling him to come inside which he carefully did.

We ended up sitting on the couch in the living room not saying much. I tried to get him to tell me what was wrong but he just shook his head and stared at the wall. The more I tried, the more helpless I felt. I didn’t like seeing the people I cared about in pain and there was something about Oli’s pain that made me feel like I was suffering with him.

I had noticed the way he would sometimes zone out in conversations and the way his smile sometimes would drop and I’ve seen how much the kids in school hurts him but I’ve never known what to do. I knew that he was probably hiding scars or cuts under the sleeves of his hoodie but I’ve never dared to pull them up and see how badly damaged his arms really were. Seeing him in the state he was in now I felt as if I had. I had to know that he was safe.

I carefully placed my hand on his and gently tried to pull up the sleeve of his hoodie but before I could see anything he pulled his arm away from me, looking at me with a horrified expression.

“What are you doing?” he asked, finally looking at me.

“Show me your arms Oli” I just said.

He shook his head and moved further away from me, now sitting at the other end of the couch. I sighed and moved closer to him, grabbing his arm gently. I moved my other hand to the hem of his sleeve again.

“Why are you doing this?” he whispered.

I looked up at his face only to soft tears making their way down his already reddened cheeks which made me regret my actions and quickly let go off his sleeve again.

“I’m sorry” I whispered, looking down in shame. “I just… I know what you do to yourself and I just want to make sure you’re safe. Please just let me see your arms”

Oli looked down at his hands and gulped harshly.

“I don’t want you to leave me” he said, quickly wiping away the tears that kept pouring down his face.

“I’m not going to leave you” I said “I promise”

When he didn’t say anything I slowly placed my hand on the hem of his sleeve again. He didn’t pull his arm away this time so I slowly pulled his sleeve up, gasping at the shocking sight before my eyes. His arm was covered in not only thick scars and deep cuts but also huge bruises. The cuts lining across his arms looked deep enough to need stitches and I hated myself for not talking about this with him before.

“Oli…” I whispered, looking up at his face again and not knowing what to say. “You shouldn’t have done this”

“I’m sorry” he just whispered.

I didn’t say anything. I just wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into me, letting him cry on my shoulder.