Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 8

OLIS POV:

He tried to get me to tell him what had happened but I couldn’t really bring myself to do it. I didn’t know what to do anymore. I didn’t wanna go home ever again but I couldn’t stay here since Josh probably wouldn’t allow it and the fact that I’m also putting him in danger made me feel incredible guilty for even being here right now.

When he realized I wasn’t going to tell him anything we went to bed together. Like that first night he wrapped an arm around me and laid close but this time he also kissed my cheek lightly and mumbled that it was going to be okay before nuzzling his face into my neck and closing his eyes.

After what happened to my mom I knew I had to get away from Josh to keep him safe but still I never wanted to leave him. There was something about him that made me feel safe. I wanted to stay in this position forever, with his arms wrapped around me and his body pressed close to mine. And even if I could take him with me wherever I had to go I’m not sure he would want to. He had a nice life here. He had a mother that loved him and took care of him. He didn’t need me to mess up his life.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep but every time I closed my eyes images of my mother’s death kept showing in my head. I quickly opened my eyes again and stared at the ceiling.

Somewhere around 2am I heard the front door open and his mother come home. I heard her make herself dinner then going to her room and shutting the door.

I laid awake all night. Josh woke up around 7 and we went downstairs, had breakfast and went to school.

After school we went back to Josh’s house again.

I sat down on the couch in the living room while he was looking through the movies by the TV, trying to find something for us to watch.

“Aren’t your parents going to be mad if they don’t know you’re here?” he asked while browsing through the movies.

I shrugged even though I knew he couldn’t see me.

“Probably”

“Don’t you care?” He asked, now facing me. He put a movie in the DVD player, grabbed the remote from the table in front of me and sat down next to me.

“Not really” I mumbled.

The truth is that I was afraid to go home. I knew my dad would be mad as hell when I decided I would. And now I was making it even worse by being here.

I wonder if he had even cleaned up the mess in the kitchen or if he left it for me to do.

“Shouldn’t you show them some respect?” Josh asked “I mean, they are your family after all.

I noticed that he had placed his finger on the play button but didn’t press down, instead he was watching me.

“It’s complicated” I said, hoping he would drop it which he didn’t.

“Did they fight? Was that why you were so upset the other night?” He asked.

I looked down at my hands and shrugged wishing he would just let it go and move on. I shouldn’t even had come here in the first place.

“Kind of” I mumbled “I don’t wanna talk about it”

He finally gave in and pressed the play button, turning his head to the TV.