Status: Updated at least once a week but probably more 'cause I have no friends

Stay With Me

Chapter 9

JOSHS POV:

The harder I tried the more he pushed me away.

I let him stay another night. This time he was the first one to fall asleep. He seemed exhausted and I’m not sure he even fell asleep the other night since he was awake when I did and then he was awake when I woke up.

I sighed and nuzzled my face into his neck, breathing in his now familiar scent and closing my eyes.

Just as I was about to drift off to sleep I heard a buzzing off a phone. I looked over at mine that I had put on the bedside table only to see that I had no new texts. I reached down and pulled Oli’s phone out of the pocket of his jeans. 1 new message. I knew I shouldn’t look but I couldn’t help myself. I also felt as if I needed to make sure that Oli’s parents knew where he were so they wouldn’t be worried.

I opened the message and read it slowly.

*The longer you stay away, the more it will hurt when you decide to come home again.*

I raised an eyebrow and looked at who it was from. His dad. What the fuck.

*What do you mean?* I quickly typed in and pressed the send button.

I looked over at Oli, making sure that he was still sleeping which he was.

It was long until his phone buzzed again and a new message from his father showed up.

*Are you fucking stupid? If you keep acting like this I might do what I did to your mom to you.*

Well, that’s not a very nice way to talk to your son.

*What did you do?* I asked, pressing the send button. I was starting to become slightly more worried now then I was before. Apparently his dad was also treating him badly. I really didn’t understand why everybody hated him so much, he never really did anything wrong from what I’ve heard.

*I killed her and that’s what I’ll do with you when you decide to show up again.*

I read it over and over again to see if I actually had read it right before I raised an eyebrow and put the phone back in Oli’s pocket, not bothering to answer. I really had to ask Oli about this tomorrow. I didn’t actually believe that his dad had killed his mom but there was still a death threat in the message and those should be submitted to the cops.

I sighed and laid back down next to Oli, pulling him closer and closing my eyes again.

I didn’t even bother to think about the texts from Oli’s dad until the next day. Since it was Saturday we both stayed at my house and watched stupid movies and played video games all day. As always my mom was working so we had the house to ourselves.

“Tell me about your family” I said as I placed another pancake on my plate. It was late in the afternoon and we were in the middle of eating dinner. I looked over at Oli across the table who’s hair was still wet from showering. I had let him borrow my clothes while I left his ones for my mom to clean. He was still wearing his hoodie though ‘cause he got mad when I tried to take it from him and I didn’t want to argue with him.

“My dad has a job. He places shit in boxes or something” was all he said before putting another piece of his pancake in his mouth and chewing slowly. I looked at him for a couple of moments to see if he was going to say something else but he didn’t.

“What about your mom?” I asked.

He looked down at his hands before gulping and raising an eyebrow.

“She’s dead” he mumbled.

“How did she die?” I asked. Maybe I was being to forward. I kept my eyes on Oli’s face to make sure I didn’t push to far but he just stared down at his hands with no expression.

“She was killed” he just said. I followed his eyes and looked down at his hands which were turning white from the hard grip on the knife and the fork.

“By who?” I asked quietly and letting my eyes wander up to his face again.

“I don’t wanna talk about it” he whispered and put his fork and knife down on the plate.

I just nodded and continued to eat while he leaned back and stared blankly at the window.