Status: On-going.

Change Isn't Always Bad

Chapter 1

His eyes? His hair? His voice? Or maybe it was how cute he looks when he's acting shy. I don't know, but there's something about that Kellin boy that I like.

"Hey, Earth to Vic," Mike said, snapping me out of my trance. "You've been staring at that kid for a while. I'm pretty sure you would have started drooling soon."

"Huh? Oh, what? No, I wasn't staring at anyone." I shook my head and looked down.

"Oh, shut up. You were looking at that boy. Go talk to him." Mike smirked, nudging me.

"Don't you have drugs to do or something?" I muttered.

"Yeah, actually. But I'm not leaving you alone until you go talk to that kid. I'm sure he'd love to hear why you've been staring at him." He laughed.

"One, I wasn't staring. Two, did he see me? And three, he doesn't talk to people. He hates attention." I pointed out.

Mike clapped his hands together. "Ohhh, so cute! Viccy here stalks his crush! D'awww."

"I'm not stalking him, shut up." I snapped. I looked up at my younger brother.

"Hey, look dude, he's coming over here. Say hi!" Mike said. I quickly looked back to where he was and surely enough, he was making his way other here, holding his books tightly and looking at the floor. He walked quickly, like he just wanted to get over here as fast as he could.

"Y-You were, um. . You were l-looking at me." he said in a small voice. He didn't look up from the ground and his cheeks were red. "Why?"

"Oh, uh, shit. I didn't know you saw me. I'm sorry. I was just, uh-"

"He was checking you out." Mike cut me off. I glared at him.

"Was not!" I yelled.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Welp, I have to go meet up with Hime-Time and J. I'll leave you two love birds alone." Mike smiled and walked away.

"I-I should, uh, I should b-be, uh, going." Kellin said, still not looking up at me. He turned around quickly.

"No, wait!" I sat up and reached for his wrist. Once I got a hold of him he flinched and ended up dropping all of his stuff on the floor. I let go immediately. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry. Here, I'll help." I said and ran to the other side of the table to help.

"No, I-I got it. I need to go." he said and started picking up his things. I ignored him and helped. "N-No, seriously, stop." he ordered. I ignored him again and picked up what looked like a sketch book. I flipped through it and came upon a very detailed drawing of a rose. There were shadows here and there and it looked very realistic.

"Did you draw this?" I asked. He looked up for once and saw the book in my hands. His eyes went wide and he scrambled to get it.

"No! No it w-was a friend. Give it back, please give it back!" his voice cracked and he looked like he was on the verge of tears. He looked around the cafeteria and quickly looked back down. Everyone was looking at us and I know he can't handle attention. He started muttering: "Give it back, please give it back and leave me alone." I stood up and looked around.

"Well? There's nothing to see here! You can all go back to doing whatever the fuck you were doing before, kay?" I yelled. Of course, everyone obeyed. I knelt down next to Kellin and handed him the book. "It's okay, I was going to say it looks good. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause a scene. I'm really sorry, Kellin. Can I make it up to you?"

"H-How do you know my name?" he asked.

"I know things. Can I make it up to you?" I repeated. He nodded. "Great! How?"

"L-Leave me alone. Don't talk to me again." he said quickly and took his stuff from my hands.

"Wait, Kellin, please," I didn't want to bring more attention to him than I already have, so I just let him walk off, probably into the bathrooms to finish the lunch period.

---

"But dude, he just like, ran away from me." I sighed, opening the front door and walking inside.

"Well, what're you gonna do? Can't force him to talk to you." Jaime asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I can like, ugh! I don't know!" I groaned and sat in the driver's side of my car. It was a shitty old car that I'm not bothered to remember the name of, but whatever. It had wheels, so I was fine.

"Doesn't he like, live for music?" Mike asked.

"Well he's always wearing band shirts, if that's what you're asking." I muttered and started the car.

"Wait, who are we talking about?" J asked.

"Kellin Quinn." Jaime answered.

"Ah. Isn't he like, emo, though?" J asked.

"He doesn't like to be labeled." I shook my head, turning onto Jaime's street.

"Vic, seriously, you stalk him." Mike rolled his eyes.

"Mike, seriously, you're gonna walk home." I threatened.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. But as I was saying, use music. Listen to a few bands that he listens to and try to talk to him about that." he said.

"Good idea," I pulled into Jaime's driveway. Honestly, this kid is too lazy. He lives like, ten feet away from the school but he wants me to drive him everyday.

"Hime-Time out!" he said before opening the car door and running inside. I laughed and shook my head. He's too weird sometimes.

"Hey, J, you coming over or..?" I asked, pulling out of Jaime's driveway and started towards my house.

"Uh, I dunno, am I?"

"Yeah dude, I got the new Walking Dead game." Mike said.

"Oh, alright. Guess I am." he smiled.

"Cool." I nodded. The rest of the car ride was quiet despite J and Mike talking about some random shit that I wasn't paying attention to. When we got home, J and Mike went up to his room while I went to straight (Me? Doing something straight?! Yeah, right) to mine. I was gonna spend the whole night looking up bands that Kellin likes or might like.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm also posting this story on Wattpad. I'll post it on Tumblr at a later time. The Wattpad one is under a different username: MrsDarylDixon123.