Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Back For Seconds

Three days later Tyler found himself alone after practice with nowhere to go but home. And at that moment, home just wasn’t an option. He was tired of being a lone and he just wanted to be out. That was when he decided he would go back to the local bar, Kilroy’s. When he got there he walked up to the bar and took a seat. He didn’t see the blonde bartender, whose name at the time he had forgotten. He did see, however, a brunette bartender with long straight hair and big brown eyes. She walked over to him with every intention of flirting her way into a big tip.
“I’m looking for a bartender with short blonde hair…”
“Julianna, she is the back. I’ll go get her.” She said quickly, knowing very well that it wasn’t her who would be getting his money.
She walked through the kitchen door and it didn’t take long until she walked back into the bar with the little blonde on her heels. Julianna was in a pair of skinny jeans that were rolled up twice at the ankle with a pair of low rise converse on and black razor back tank again. Her short bar apron was around her waist.
“Hey! You came back? Must have been the burger huh?” She asked and he couldn’t help but smile. He started to think about his real reason for coming back, he knew that it wasn’t the burger, while it had been good, it wasn’t the reason he was sitting at the bar again.
“Yeah, I guess you could say that.”
“What can I get you to drink?” She asked him and when he ordered the same thing he previously had, she smirked. She filled up his mug and sat it down in front of him. “I need to go finish some quick paperwork but I’ll be back in five.” She told him and he nodded.
“Take your time.” Was his response. He didn’t know why he had asked for her. Maybe because he was comfortable with her. She had already clarified that he was Tyler Seguin and she didn’t go all fan crazy or puck slut. That was a relief. Then again she was from Georgia and he was pretty sure that hockey wasn’t that big there.
“So you’re Tyler Seguin right?” The brunette asked, he glanced to her name tag, getting a good view at her cleavage at the same time, and saw that her name was Mandy.
“Uhm, yeah. That’s me.” He said, quickly tacking another drink of his beer.
“So are you liking Dallas? I know it’s not Boston but it’s not bad if you get in with the right crowed.” She leaned on the bar with her for arms so her boobs perked out. He knew instantly that this wasn’t her first time flirting strongly with the customers.
“It’s alright.” He said, trying to give her a hint.
“Well I’ll come back to check on you, promise.” She said with a wink and then walked away, he hoped she would forget that promise. Once her back was turned he quickly shook his head in distaste.
“You eating today?” Julianna asked when she walked back into the bar.
“I’m not that hungry actually.” He admitted with a shrug. “I got out of practice and didn’t want to go home so I came here again. It gets old being alone.” He knew that it probably made him sound girly or week, but it was true. Being alone all the time got incredibly boring.
“I understand don’t worry. I live alone and it kind of sucks. But I’m hardly there so I guess it works out.” She takes his empty mug and fills a new one for him. “Why don’t you hang out with your teammates?” She asked him, which was a good question.
“They all kind of have their own routine. I mean we are starting to bond and they are including me in things so it’s changing but eh… I don’t know.”
“Maybe you should try making friends outside of hockey. That’s what I had to do when I danced. I never really hung out with the dance girls unless it was in dance. It kind of worked out that way for the better.”
“Why do you think it worked better?”
“Well I mean, for instance, you play hockey for a living. You practice with these guys every day. You play together, you travel together, and you work out together… Do you really want to do everything else with them as well?” She gives a small shrug. “I mean I guess most sports people do and it’s good to be good friends with them but it doesn’t hurt having other friends to. So that way you don’t always feel pressured to do what they are doing.”
She had a point. If he had friends outside of hockey, which he didn’t in Dallas, then he could have options. Options were always a good thing in his book. He only had hockey friends in Boston and look were that got him, dancing on bars with Brad Marchand and pretty much getting kicked off the team for being immature and a party animal.
“Yeah. I’ll try that. It makes sense.”
“Of course it does.” She said with a smile.
“What about you? What do you do when you aren’t here or at school?”
“Either sleep or homework or work out. I feel like I’m always exhausted.” She told him, “I like dancing still and I love going to sporting events or concerts. I love being around people.” He didn’t necessarily feel the same way about people as she did, but he did like sporting events.
Two guys sat at the bar about two seats away from Tyler and she left him to go greet them. “Hey guys, what can I get you?”
Tyler watched as they eyed her and flirted with her easily. All the while she ignored them and didn’t flirt back but was still completely nice and polite.
“Anejo Old Fashioned…” She whispered to Tyler, “Pussy drink.” She winked and he laughed with a quick shake of his head. The two guys hadn’t hear her, luckily, but they looked up when he laughed. “You want something besides that?” She asked and he tilted his almost empty glass, downing what was left and shaking his head.
“I’m good Julianna. I’ll catch you later.” He says, throwing more than enough cash down and sending her one last smile before heading out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts???
i'm pretty sure this is going to be like another, roses aren't always red... in the sense that its going to be good and long:)