Status: I'm in love with this story and i hope you will be too!

Amber J

Third Time's a Charm

The next time Tyler went to Kilroy’s he didn’t wait three days and he didn’t go alone. After a preseason win over the Kings, the Stars needed a relaxed place to celebrate where they could have a few beers as a team and not get attacked by ravaged girls. Tyler new the perfect place.
“Oh hey! I’ve been here once before!” Jamie said, as they walked up to the front from the parking lot together. “It’s a pretty chill place.”
The small group walks in and finds a round table towards the back. He knew who he wanted his server to be and he would be damned if it was anyone else. He walked up to the bar, still high on the adrenalin from the win, and walked right up to where she was.
“Congrats on the win.” She said and they hugged across the bar. It was their first physical encounter and it was a little awkward but neither of them minded.
“Thanks!” He said, “Hey so me and some friends over there and I was wondering if there was any way you could be our server.”
“It’s your lucky night. That’s my section for swing out. I’ll be right over.” She told him and he quickly went back to his table.
As he sat down he felt the excitement of being around his new friends. “Alright so I talked to Julianna and this is her section. She is off limits.” He said it without thinking and didn’t realize that it would bring on some unwanted questions and only make the guys tease him and flirt with her more. It was their way of showing that they cared and it would be, he later realized, their way of pushing him to make a move.
“Hey guys! I’m Julianna and I’ll be taking care of you tonight. What can I get y’all started out with?”
She was in shorts again but from the front, the short black bar apron made it look like she was wearing a skirt. And instead of the tank top, she was wearing a short sleeve V neck T-shirt. Her hair was down and wavy falling just above her shoulders.
The guys looks round each other and started to all order their drinks, there was ten total but when she got to Tyler she shushed him. “You are trying something different. We have some locally brewed stuffed and you’ll like! It’s my recommendation.” She shot him a quick wink and then headed back to the bar. The guys all gave him shit for that.
“So Tyler, how many times have you been in here exactly?” Rich asked him.
“Obviously enough for them to be on a recommendation level.” Antoine joked. He was glad that his newest teammate had found a cute girl to keep his attention. He just wasn’t sure how long it would last. And from the first impression she was as pretty sweet girl, no reason for her to get hurt.
“I’ve only been here twice and she was my server both times at the bar.” He shrugged. “She is just really easy to talk to.”
“You know… That’s what I said when I first met Nathalie” Rich said, talking about his now present wife. “Better watch it Seguin, before she gets you hooked.”
At this time, Tyler still didn’t see just how beautiful Julianna really was. He was attracted to her, of course! He found her easy to talk to and very good looking but he didn’t yet know her heart or know who she truly was and what made her who she is.
She came back with a tray full of drinks and started serving them one by one until she got to Tyler’s.
“What is it?” He had asked, but she shook her head.
“Try it first. I don’t want you to be all judgmental before you taste it.” He did as he instructed and took a drink of the amber liquid. She wasn’t stupid. She was a good bar tender and she knew what he would like. He smiled and nodded his head. “You like it?” She asked.
“Yeah actually it’s really good.” He said and took another drink. “You guys should try this.” He told his friends and they nodded.
“Julianna, when these get low feel free to bring us over a round of that. What’s that called anyhow?” Jamie asked.
“Amber J.” She said with somewhat of a proud grin. “Did y’all need some regular menus? She asked, even though she figured the answer would be no. She was right.
She left the boys to drink their beer and celebrate their win. The bar wasn’t incredibly busy but there were a few other people at the bar and Mandy couldn’t hold it all down without her. Meanwhile, Tyler was getting bagged on for the cute bar tender.
“Why don’t you ask her out?” Antoine asked, if he hadn’t called dibs, he might have asked her himself.
“I don’t even know if she is single.”
“Well maybe you should find out.” Alex said with a quick drink of his beer. While the guys made conversation and watched some sporting event on one of the many TVs, Tyler admire Julianna from afar. She caught him looking and shot him a beautiful smile that made him blush.
Julianna saw that their glasses were getting empty so she filled up ten more mugs and put them on a tray.
“Here you go boys.” She said, setting all the mugs down and collecting the empty ones.
They all took a drink and she smiled at their satisfied smiles.
“You said this was local?” Jamie asked and she nodded.
“Closer than you’d believe.” She said with a smirk.
After about an hour and two more rounds, the bar started to empty out and Tyler and his group were close to being the only ones left. He left his table and went to the bar where Julianna was restocking.
“When I can I see you again?” He asked her and she shrugged.
“When you coming back in?” She asked and shook his head.
“No! I mean outside of Kilroy’s. I want to take you to dinner.” He told her bravely and she stopped restocking for a second to take in what he had just said.
“But… Why me? I mean i…”
“Because you’re you.” Maybe it was the liquid courage or maybe it was how he truly felt, he didn’t know at that moment. But he knew that he wanted to take her out. “Please.”
“I’m free Saturday night.” She told him and he grinned ear to ear.
“Saturday night it is then.” She quickly wrote down her number on a coaster and passed it to him.
“Call me.” She said with a wink. He couldn’t take the smile off of his face as he left the bar with his friends.
“I asked her out.” He said simply and he smiled more when they all cheered.
♠ ♠ ♠
THOUGHTS??? let me know what you guys think. I already have quite a few written so the more feedback I get the more i'll post. :)