Until I Met You

No Free Ride

Image


Ashley’s alarm went off sharply at 6:30 am, she lazily raised her left hand and let it drop hitting the off button. With a groan, that was silenced by her pillow, she pushed her tired body up off the warm comfortable bed. Unresponsively she stumbled out of her bedroom and into the bathroom. Her friend Bailey was currently in the shower getting ready for the last day of her junior year.

“Morning.” Ashley mumbled as she sat on the toilet to pee, not caring her friend was in the shower.

“Morning.” Bailey's own tired and delayed reply came as Ashley was washing her hands.

Leaving the bathroom Ashley walked through the living room into the apartments small kitchen for a bowl of cereal. There she found her roommate and best friend Leigh just getting home from work, her Target uniform covered in black spots.

“What happen to you?” Ashley inquired setting a box of cereal and a carton of milk on the table.

“Fucking teenage trainees are gonna kill me.” Leigh groaned sitting down at the table.

Ashley nodded her head sympathetically as she grabbed a bowl and spoon. “Bummer.” She sat down next to Leigh.

“Speaking of teenagers. When is Bailey going to go back home?”

“I haven’t a clue.” Ashley gave a shrug as she poured milk over her cereal.

“Well if she plans on moving in here then I think were going to need a bigger apartment. She can’t live on our couch forever.” Leigh began. “Then of course if we need to get a bigger apartment then she’s going to have to start helping pay the rent.”

“She’s not going to like that.” Ashley shoved a big spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

“I don’t care if she likes it. That’s life and I’m getting tired of us paying for everything.” Leigh leaned back in her chair. “She’s seventeen. She should be with her parents not mooching off us.”

“Eighteen in a few months.” Ashley corrected through a mouthful of food.

Leigh rolled her eyes. “Whatever she needs to start pulling her weight around here.”

“I’ll talk to her about it today.” Ashley assured her friend.

Their conversation ended when Bailey entered the kitchen. She grabbed the loaf of bread and put two pieces in the toaster.

“Did you leave me any hot water?” Ashley joked placing her empty bowl in the sink.

“Not a drop.” Bailey laughed.

Bailey might have only been teasing but she was right, there was no hot water left. Ashley decided to cut her shower short after she began to shiver from the cold water. She quickly dried herself and put on her lingerie; a black bustier with red and black stripes on the cups with a black lace overlay, bow accents, ruffle trim and a large keyhole back along with a matching thong.

She combed out her golden blond hair and put it into low messy pigtails leaving her pink bangs hanging down framing her face. Done with her hair, she moved onto makeup. Something that never took long since her natural beauty needed little help. Her makeup consisted of smoky eye shadow, black eye liner and mascara to increase her already long eyelashes; the whole combination made her blue eyes pop; and to finish it off red tinted lip gloss, that gave a shine to her full lips. Turning the light off Ashley left the bathroom, walking across the hall back to her bedroom to finish getting dressed.

“You can bring your lingerie into the bathroom, but you can’t bring your clothes.” Bailey commented between bites of toast.

“The point of wearing lingerie is for someone to see it.” Ashley winked disappearing into her bedroom.

“You’re just jealous at how unfairly amazing she looks.” Leigh challenged.

“It seams pointless to wear it under your clothes. No one can see it then.” Bailey countered, ignoring Leigh‘s comment.

“Makes me feel sexy.” Ashley shouted from her closet. She grabbed the first thing she saw, a black cami with a red rose accented bust and vertical lace trim accents. Looking through her bottoms she decided on a puffy skirt by Tripp featuring two layers of tulle, a cotton overlay with ruffles and lace trim, skull details on two dainty bows, and two bondage strap with ruffles. Before slipping on her black heels with a hot pink bow under a black bow and a silver skull, she sat on her bed and pulled on black fishnet thigh highs with a row of tiny red bows going down the back side.

“Your going to be late again.” Leigh observed as she disappeared into her own bedroom.

"Bailey get your shit together." Ashley called as she grabbed her HIM purse off the nightstand.

"I have nothing to get ready." Bailey replied from the kitchen where she was taking the last bite of her toast.

"Let's go." Ashley appeared standing in front of the door keys in hand. Bailey followed her out into the hallway locking the door behind them.

They quickly got into Ashley's car, when she started it Du Hast by Rammstein blasted out of the speakers instead of turning it down like a normal person would, Ashley turned it up, rolled down the windows and whipped out of the parking lot to bring Bailey to school. Annoying most of their neighbors as they did.

Almost to the school, they were stopped by a red light. Ashley decided this would be a good opportunity to talk to Bailey about her future plans. “So have you decided when your going back to your parents house?”

“I really don’t ever want to go back.” Bailey shifted in her seat. “You know how my dad is.”

That was true, she did know how Bailey’s dad was, abusive. “That’s your choice…” Ashley began. “But if your going to continue to stay with us, you really need to get a job. After all no one in this world gets a free ride.”

Bailey nodded her head but didn’t speak. The rest of the ride was silent, besides the blaring music.

"So I'll pick you up on my lunch break, 1:30?" Ashley asked as she pulled up to the school.

"Naw I'll get a ride to the mall," Bailey informed her as she pushed open the car door. "See ya later." she added getting out of the car.

"Love peace and chicken grease." Ashley recited with a wave.

Bailey shut the door and ran to the school. Ashley watched her friend disappear into the school before she pulled out of the parking lot. Glancing at the clock she let out a groan and sped across town to the mall, already late for work.