Trip Down Memory Lane

Chapter 5

The bus journey was full of lots of questions about Jamie.

Georgia wanted to know everything about him, what he said, if he touched her, what mobile phone he had, right down to the question, what did he smell like?

By the time they got back to Jessie's house, she was silently relieved. Jessie made up some story about the day making her tired. Georgia hugged Jessie, said goodnight and told her she would see her again tomorrow.

Jessie started to walk up her garden, but once she got to the chairs, she found she needed to sit down.

Suddenly, everything from today came rushing back to her.

She replayed everything Jamie had said in her head, she felt so close to this guy, this stranger!

Suddenly Jessie looked up and to the right, she didn't know why.

There was no noise, no people around, something inside of her just told her to.

Just as she was about to put her head down, she noticed a guy walking towards her.

He had his phone to his ear and was shouting into it.

"IF I KNEW WERE I WAS, THEN I WULDNT BE LOST WOULD I? DON'T THESE THINGS HAVE GPS? CANT YOU TRACK IT OR SOMETHING? FINE RING ME BACK WHEN YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE I AM OR SOMETHING" and with that he put his phone back in his pocket with a little to much force.

"You ok over there?" Jessie shouted towards the guy "sounds like your lost"

"Give the girl a carrot, what gave it away? The fact that I practically said I was lost?" came back a disgruntled welsh voice.

"Jamie is that you" Jessie asked, as the voice clicked into place.

"Yer, my names Jamie, do I know you? If you're a fan then im sorry but I am not in the best of moods tonight if you can't already tell"

"Its Jessie" she shouted back, suddenly realising that this guy may know a lot of Jessie's, she added "from the shoe shop, I told you to go with the black trainers"

"Oh I remember you, don't suppose you know were we are? Im lost and the rest of the guys are not helping" Jamie's voice began to plead at the end.

"Well as this is my house, yes I do know were you are, streets called Kensington way" Jessie replied trying not to laugh.

"Do you mind if I wait here whilst I wait for someone to pick me up?" Jamie asked back, this time he was right up to her gate.

"No, sure, come and sit down" Jessie replied as Jamie walked over and sat in the seat next to her.

Jamie took out his phone and dialled Ian Watkins, hoping that he would come and pick him up.