Status: ABANDONED

Home Is Where the Heart Is

You Know Me

After their first visit to the prenatal doctor, Alex and Jack have entered into a sort of celebratory state. They go out more frequently and obsess about the little miracle forming inside of Alex. Alex himself experiences an overwhelming bliss, because this is just such an amazing and exciting event. He and Jack were expanding their little family. Soon they would have a living breathing human –that they created – living with them.

Jack treats his husband like a king. He always have, and now even more so. He constantly makes sure Alex is comfortable and happy. He tries to have big breakfasts ready in the mornings before Alex wakes up, and always cleans up after dinner to save Alex the hassle. Alex is nearly bored as Jack takes over all of the work around the house. He has to tell Jack not to vacuum because he is going to do it tomorrow, and remind Jack that, yes, he is able to cook some grilled cheese sandwiches for them so they don’t need to go out for a lavish dinner. It’s like Jack is the new maid or something. Alex doesn’t even want to know what it’s going to be like when he’s nine months along.

Alex is sitting on the sofa one morning watching TV as Jack showers upstairs. He’d declined Jack’s seductive suggestion that they conserve water and shower together because he was feeling particularly tired tonight. Alex has read about fatigue being one of the earliest signs of pregnancy and he hopes it will pass soon, as he would have liked to ‘conserve water’ with Jack without falling asleep in the middle of it.

Jack takes terribly long showers, much to his husband’s dismay. It’s times like these when the elder of the two realizes how his life can get when he doesn’t have someone around him. Alex has never liked to be alone, because in turn that makes him lonely. He doesn’t get how someone can spend forty-five minutes shampooing or whatever the hell Jack is doing right now. Hell, it doesn’t even take forty-five minutes to shower and jerk off. While Jack takes his sweet time washing up, Alex is in need of something, anything, to do. So he picks up the phone and calls his mom.

Most married men Alex’s age don’t phone their parents on Friday nights. Usually they’re spending time with their lovers, friends, or just out doing something interesting. As Alex dials the number, he knows that all he needs now is a few cats and Gossip Girl playing on Netflix.

It doesn’t take time for Isobel Gaskarth to pick up. She loves her son more than anything in the world, and she’s always excited to see his name on the Caller ID. If Isobel were to have it her way, Alex would still be living at home under her care.
“Hello, Alex! It’s so nice to hear from you,” the cheerful mother says when she answers.

Alex smiles and tucks his legs underneath of himself, leaning against the arm of the sofa. “Hey, mom. How are you?”

“I’m doing great. How are you, dear? And Jack?”

“We are both fantastic,” Alex says honestly, grinning as nervous but excited butterflies flutter around in his stomach. Or the baby? Nah, it’s way too early for that.

Isobel hums into the phone. “That’s good. Any reason you’re fantastic? You’ve always been one to just answer with a ‘We’re good.’”

“Oh, no reason,” Alex says nonchalantly. He wants to tell his mom, he really does, but definitely not over the phone. And not without Jack next to him, holding his hand and grinning ear-to-ear in pride.

The mother and son talk for nearly half an hour. Alex closes his eyes as they converse, losing track of time. Suddenly he feels a pair of lips pressing gently to the back of his neck and he yelps, causing Isobel to stop speaking and ask what is wrong with a concern-laced voice.

“N-Nothing is wrong,” Alex says shakily as he sits up and glares playfully at his newly showered husband. Jack stands next to him with an angelic smile. “Jack just scared me is all. Can I call you back tomorrow? I’ve got, uh, work to finish up.”

They hang up then, and Alex crosses his arms over his chest once he puts down the phone. “Thanks for scaring me, Jay!” he exclaims. He tries to sound irritated but fails. He isn’t at all angry – it’s just not like him to get upset over small things and Jack knows that.

As he rolls his eyes slightly, Jack wraps his arms around Alex’s slender waist and hugs him from behind. Alex can’t help the tiny smile that peaks at the edges of his lips. Jack is such a hugger and Alex absolutely loves it.

“I just missed you. And your pretty neck. And my lips on your pretty neck,” Jack whispers into Alex’s ear. A shiver runs down Alex’s spine and he pulls away, turning around to face the younger man. He takes Jack in, with his damp hair and glistening bare upper body. He only has a towel hanging loosely from his hips. Alex bites his lip because, fuck, that v-line looks good, and Jack’s light tan from the summer makes him model-worthy.

Alex swallows hard and puts his hands on Jack’s chest. He’s lean, but there are hints of muscles, and that’s just what Alex likes. He stays silent as his hands roam around. After a while he looks up at Jack almost shyly through his eyelashes, seeing his husband smirking. Jack backs them up until they Alex’s back is to one of the living room walls. Jack is standing as close as he can get without their two bodies touching. Alex feels the heat radiating off of Jack and has to bite his tongue so he won’t moan. Just this is enough to work him up.

All earlier feelings of fatigue magically disappear from Alex when Jack’s lips meet his. Their kisses start out as slow and romantic but quickly turn needy and passionate. Every time Jack’s mouth moves against his, tongue sliding around his lips and throughout his mouth, Alex feels sparks all over his body. It isn’t long before Alex is undressed with his clothes tossed carelessly around him, body pressed against Jack’s.

Jack moves them backwards until they reach the sofa once again. He pushes Alex gently down onto it and kneels between his legs, head tilted back so they could remain kissing. Alex sighs with content when Jack tugs off his boxers and frees his erection from the restraints. All he can think about is getting more, more, more from the man in front of him.

Lips moving to attack the elder’s neck, Jack quickly begins to stroke Alex’s cock. A quiet groan escapes Alex’s mouth and his eyes flutter shut. He feels Jack’s hand tugging and squeezing and it makes him feel so fucking amazing. But it just isn’t enough.

“Jack,” Alex says urgently, pushing his hips against Jack’s hand. Jack gets the message and sits back on his heels, dipping down to wrap his lips around Alex’s hardened length.

Alex moans loudly and falls back on the cushiony furniture. Jack sucks on the tip of his cock and swirls his tongue around it, then takes as much as he can at once. He starts to move his head as Alex writhes slightly.

“Ooh, babe,” Alex gasps when Jack swallows around him. He’s so close already. Jack is so fucking good at blow jobs that it’s almost unbelievable. He knows just exactly what to do to drive Alex wild.

Alex tangles his fingers in Jack’s hair and pants as his husband deep throats him and comes back up. “Gonna come. Please,” he whispers, voice cracking. It’s only a matter of Jack flicking his tongue over Alex’s slit that has the receiving man releasing with a cry of his beau’s name. Jack takes it all and pulls off with a pop, grinning up at Alex.

What comes after that is Jack getting a damn amazing hand job (in Alex’s opinion) and then exhausted bodies sprawled out on the floor. Jack manages to pull a blanket over them before they pass out for a midday nap, legs and arms tangled around each other.

It’s later in the day when Alex wakes up with an aching back. He struggles to get out of Jack’s tight grasp and rolls over onto his side, trying to rub the stiffness and soreness away. Alex finally gets up after he feels a little bit better, pulling on his boxers and venturing off to the kitchen to make something to eat. It’s usually him that does all of the cooking and meal preparing, so it’s not hard for Alex to make something out of seemingly nothing. He thinks it’s almost pathetic how Jack can barely make toast and Mac N Cheese.

Alex gets out everything he needs and hums as he makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. No one ever said he was a gourmet chef and hey – sometimes PB&J is the best you can get. Alex is just about to bite into the snack when he hears footsteps and incoherent mumbling. He turns around to see Jack standing in the doorway still completely naked and rubbing his head. His hair is a complete mess, but he looks so fucking cute that Alex automatically smiles.

“Hey babe. Good morning,” Alex says lightly. He just has to mess with Jack. Who could pass up the opportunity to see such a cute man-child like Jack get all confused and puzzled.

“Wait… What?” Jack asks as he walks further into the kitchen. Alex just smiles and leans against the counter, sandwich safely placed out of view behind him. It’s not a breakfast food and Jack knows that Alex never eats lunch for breakfast.

“I said good morning. It’s nine AM,” Alex says. He raises his eyebrows as Jack frowns. “What are you thinking?”

Jack shakes his head. “That doesn’t sound right. I don’t feel as if I slept that long… Did we really sleep almost a whole day?”

Alex smiles a little and shrugs. “I suppose we did. Oh well. It’s not like we’ve never slept an entire day before.” That was quite true. Back in high school, the two would often sleep so long that they would miss a Saturday and end up feeling shitty on Sunday. They didn’t exactly have the best sleeping schedules.

Jack sighs. “M’kay. Well, let’s just… Have breakfast. Thankfully we don’t work today,” he murmurs. Alex watches as his man pours a bowl of cereal and turns on the coffee pot. Nonchalantly, he sits down at the table with his sandwich and starts to eat. He goes slowly, smirking just a tiny bit. It’s only a matter of time before Jack notices something is up. And speaking of time, Alex can’t believe Jack hasn’t even glanced at the clock yet, which reads 12:47.

With a sigh, Jack sits down at the table across from Alex. He shovels spoonfuls of cereal into his mouth and looks at Alex’s plate. He stares for almost a minute before looking up at Alex.

“You’re eating lunch,” he says plainly.

“Uh huh,” Alex hums as he pretends to read the paper they’d already received that morning.

Jack continues, “For breakfast.”

“Yep.”

Jack carefully sets down his spoon and narrows his eyes.

“Alexander William Barakat, are you fucking with me?” he asks in a low voice.

Alex snickers silently behind the newspaper. “Why would I do that, darling?” he asks with an innocent tone.

Jack snatches the paper away suddenly and glares at Alex. Then he reads the headline on the paper and rolls his eyes as he sets it down. “You tease. Of course.”

He just can’t help it, and Alex starts to laugh loudly. He just cannot comprehend how the younger man could fall for something. As Jack stalks out, Alex stands from the table and tries to suppress his laughter. He follows quickly, calling out to Jack.

“Baby, please. It’s not my fault you’re so gullible!” he exclaims breathlessly as he climbs the stairs. The door to their bedroom slams shut, making Alex get somewhat worried. He’d just been joking…

Alex hurries his way to the room and knocks twice, leaning against the door.

“Sweetheart? I didn’t think you’d take it so hard. I’m sorry,” he says quietly. Alex feels really bad for upsetting his love. Jack didn’t like to be the center of the joke, but he also didn’t overreact.

Jack doesn’t say anything, so Alex hesitantly turns the door handle and walks inside. He bites his lip as he sees Jack lying on his bed facing the wall, back to Alex. Alex can’t even remember the last time they had fought, though this wasn’t really even fighting.

Alex walks over and sits down on the edge of the bed, reaching out to Jack. He places his hand on Jack’s arm and thinks that it’s a good sign that Jack doesn’t pull away.

“Please talk to me, Jack,” Alex murmurs.

A few seconds of silence follow before Jack finally speaks. “Why?” he asks quietly.

Alex runs his fingers through his hair with his free hand, then pulls both into his lap and clasps them. He looks down in shame.

“I don’t know. I just thought it would be fun to mess with you a little. I was only playing around,” Alex admits.

“Promise me you won’t do it again,” Jack says in a more normal tone.

“I promise. I swear. Never ever again,” Alex affirms with a shake of his head to seal the vow.

“Now say, ‘Alex is more gullible than Jack.’”

Alex doesn’t think before he begins to recite the line. “Alex is more gullible than–” But he stops suddenly and frowns.

“Hold on.”

Jack rolls over then with a big smug smile on his face. He’s almost glowing. Alex gasps and smacks the man’s arm. Now it’s Jack’s turn to laugh as Alex slides off the bed and crosses his arms over his chest.

“Oh, babe, that was a good one. I totally had you fooled.”

Alex looks at Jack disapprovingly, like he hadn’t just done something similar ten minutes ago.

Jack chuckles and gets up, pulling Jack into a hug. Alex can’t help but sigh in defeat and relax against his husband.

“Fine, you got me,” Alex mumbles begrudgingly.

Jack pulls away and pokes his fingers at the corners of Alex’s mouth, forcing him to smile.

“Cheer up. We’re even now.”

Alex pushes Jack away gently. “Yeah, yeah. Let’s move on. Wanna cuddle?”

Jack grins and tugs Alex down onto the bed, because of course he wants to cuddle. The two curl up and play Disney movies for hours, lounging in their bed. They exchange small kisses and smiles and enjoy the films, soon forgetting their little mishaps. One thing Alex loves most about their relationship is how easy going they can be. It’s the little problematic incidents that end up bringing them closer, and the only place Alex wants to be is as close to Jack as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so I'm sorry if there's mistakes. It's 1 AM and I just finished this. Wrote it all quickly and I am just too exhausted to edit and read out loud and all that fun stuff. Hopefully you all enjoy.

Also, does anyone know how to un-shrink rayon? Lmao