Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Get Slurpees

“Dimples, I’m gonna go fill the tank up so that I don’t have to stop tomorrow morning. You want anything from the store while I’m down there?” Jack called out from where he was stood in the front hall. He knew that the trip would be relatively easy seeing as how late at night it was, meaning that the roads and gas station would be all but empty. It was silent for no more than half a minute before the younger man was scrambling down the steps.

“We should get slurpees,” he said, chest rising quickly as he struggled to regain the breath he’d lost. He bent down with his hands on his knees, appearing a bit more dramatic than he actually needed to be in hopes that Jack would take pity on him and agree.

Jack raised an eyebrow for a moment before sighing. “Lemme guess,” he started, cocking his head to the side, “this has to do with the list.”

Alex gave a smile and nod as he stood straight once more and moved to give Jack a short kiss before beginning the hunt for his own shoes. They were tugged on with ease, and then the Briton was holding his hand out for his partner to take.

The short drive, which was really no more than two minutes at most, consisted of Alex talking rather animatedly about flavors and sizes and how he couldn’t remember the last time he’d had a slushie. Jack feigned most of his interest as he nodded along with whatever he was being told.

When they were parked at a pump, he stopped talking to turn in his seat. Jack sent him a short glance in confusion before he gave himself a mental shrug and climbed from the vehicle. It was a little uncomfortable, the silence of the night even with Alex only a few feet away. He could feel his partner’s eyes on him the entire time he filled the tank.

Jack tried to busy himself with staring at the changing numbers on the meter, and he gave a huff of relief when the pump stopped its flow. Before he was even able to close the gas cap on the car, the passenger door was slamming closed and Alex was moving around to link his arms around Jack’s right.

The only employee inside of the store was a woman a good few years older than either of the young couple, and she didn’t seem too interested in them as they walked toward the back wall.

Alex immediately moved away from his beau in favor of scanning the flavors that lined the wall. They all had odd names, Jack noticed, but he figured they were simple enough: pineapple, orange, green apple, grape, banana, bubble gum, blue raspberry, cotton candy, and Coca Cola. As the younger boy was muttering away to himself about so many delicious choices… what do I do?, Jack grabbed the largest cup he could find and began to work his way down the line.

Halfway through filling the Styrofoam, however, Alex was catching sight of his concoction and looking at him as though he was insane.

“What are you doing?” he asked, having to hold in a gag as he glanced inside the cup. The colors were all mixing together, and he could only imagine how horrible the taste would be.

Jack gave him a similar look. “Why would I want only one flavor when I could have all of them?” he asked defensively, continuing to move down the row with Alex’s horrified gaze glued to his figure. The elder sighed once he realized that his boyfriend still hadn’t moved. “Dimples, it’s late. I wanna get home, drink this, and go to bed. Hurry up and pick something already.”

The Briton gave one final shudder at the thought of all of those different tastes mixing together before reaching for a large cup and filling it with the cotton candy slushie mix. He grabbed a Butterfinger bar on his way to the counter and merely leaned into Jack’s side as his boyfriend paid for everything.

Silence enveloped the two on the ride home, but that didn’t really surprise Jack seeing as how the straw protruding from Alex’s cup hadn’t left his lips. The sound of the ice scraping against the plastic was a little annoying, Jack would admit, but the younger man was happy, and that was what was the most important.

That, of course, didn’t stop him from taking a chug of his own mix once they’d stepped inside the house only minutes later. Alex was pulled into a kiss with that, and he didn’t have a single objection to it… up until Jack was pushing his tongue past the younger’s lips.

Why?” was all he could think to say as he pushed away from his partner’s grip. The straw of his drink was brought to his lips and he sucked on it furiously, hoping to swish the taste from his tongue.

Jack gave a laugh before leaning in to kiss at Alex’s cheek. As he moved toward the staircase to head up to the bedroom, he called back a simple, “Because I knew it’d be funny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for all the recs and subs, m'amours
i'm glad you all enjoy this
might not get around to updating baby tonight in case anyone reads that, lo siento