Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Go to the Beach

“It’s such a nice day outside,” Alex said as he let himself collapse into his partner’s lap. “I think that we should go out somewhere. Like the beach. Doesn’t the beach sound fun, baby?”

“Can’t today, dimples,” Jack retorted, lifting the book he’d been reading into the younger’s sight for added effect. “Studying for midterms, remember?”

“So study at the beach,” Alex suggested, reaching his hand out in an attempt at taking the book away. “Please? You can’t just study all day, anyway. You gotta take breaks and stuff.”

“I can think of so many other reasons as to why going to the beach today is a bad idea,” Jack countered simply, not seeming fazed at how grabby his boyfriend was being. “For starters, it’s nearly October, meaning that people know it’s going to get very cold very soon, which also means that everyone else is flocking there because they know it’s one of their last chances for the year, so—”

“That means we should go, too,” Alex finished with a nod of his head. “Come on, can’t we just drive down to Riviera for a little bit? It’ll be good for you. Some sun, some exercise… let’s go. I’ll drive; you can study on the way. Please?”

Jack made the mistake of glancing away from the page he was in the middle of reading, and within seconds, he was giving a sigh and nodding his agreement.

--- ---

“Come in the water with me, baby!” Alex called after he’d dropped their things in the sand. His shirt soon followed, and then he was making a mad dash toward the ocean. Jack had half a mind to decline, what with the fact that he didn’t want to leave their belongings alone, but then he realized two things: their belongings consisted of only two towels (and the keys to the car), and Alex was splashing, laughing, and he really just couldn’t resist the combo.

After discarding his own shirt and being sure that the keys to the car were rolled up securely in one of the towels, he was making his way toward the water as well. It was nice at first, despite how fairly crowded it was, but then Alex was tackling him into the shallow water, giggling the entire time.

“What was that for?” Jack whined when he’d reemerged. Alex was sat in his lap, still hysterical from what he’d done, and his arms moved to snake around the elder’s neck as he shrugged innocently.

“I was just getting you back for that slushie kiss from last week,” he said, looking as smug with himself as possibly imaginable. Jack couldn’t help but push himself forward so that the Briton was the one under the salty water. When he sat back up, Alex was brought with him, and suddenly things weren’t as funny as they had been.

With a glare in his eyes and a pout on his lips, Alex was declaring, “This means war, Barakat.”

Hours slipped by as the couple continued on like that, jumping on and dunking each other under the cool water as the sun slipped down over the horizon. Before long, they were some of the few remaining people on the beach. Jack wasn’t even upset that he’d missed out on some precious study time.

He much preferred Alex time, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
i googled the temp in baltimore in october to get a general idea and a map showed up that said there was a beach called riviera just off of it so that is why i used that word okay
idk not diggin this one, i'm sorry